• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Have your opinions changed since the release?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    So, since the release of HG/SS, have your thoughts and opinions on the games changed, either for better, or worse?

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years
    It totally has! I wasn't really expecting this game to be good because I didn't like Gold and Silver much or so I thought, and I was sort of depressed and pessimistic then. HG/SS are the best Pokemon games I've ever played!!1!

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Not really. I was disappointed in some aspects but pleasantly surprised at others, so my idea of the game as a whole is pretty much the same.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    To be honest, my feeling about the game hasn't shifted in any other direction than it has been since the first hearing of the game's return. Like any other Pokémon game it has its faults and pluses. I can say it has left me with a few surprises that I didn't expect at first, but at the same time it left me downfalls that should have been implemented into the game. Regardless, I still want both versions of the game and I'm pretty sure it will be just as or even more as enjoyable as its original make Gold and Silver.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I keep getting more excited for it :S

Love the retro trips and Crystal was my first Pokemon game...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    It lived up to what I thought. The things I wanted fixed the most weren't really dealt with, and I had a feeling that would happen. I'm in Kanto right now. They did a great job with that, though. Kanto is freaking gorgeous. FRLG can suck it because HGSS made it look like Heaven, and sound like it too. Overall, I find it a really fun game, but it'd be better if the levels were fixed. Pros and cons though, am I right? Can't have everything perfect.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    It lived up to what I thought. The things I wanted fixed the most weren't really dealt with, and I had a feeling that would happen. I'm in Kanto right now. They did a great job with that, though. Kanto is freaking gorgeous. FRLG can suck it because HGSS made it look like Heaven, and sound like it too. Overall, I find it a really fun game, but it'd be better if the levels were fixed. Pros and cons though, am I right? Can't have everything perfect.
    What do you mean 'levels were fixed'?

xXI JOE IXx

The levels where horribly low, the league are at level 40

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I've been looking at more and more images as time goes by, and it wasn't until at around it's release when my interest in it sparked by a lot.

The more I learn about it, the more I want it. :D It'll probably be that way until it's release here.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    It has exceeded my expectations in every way. I knew it was going to be good, but I never realized just how good. There are a few things that have been changed, but in some ways for the better. The routes were altered a little, but, again, for the better. I know it's very soon, but I would love to see another R/B/Y remake, but in the HG/SS style. Don't get me wrong, the GBA remakes were good, but...in no way were they THIS good. So, to answer the question, yes, my opinions have changed...for the better.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Yeah, my opinion has definitely changed.
    For me, it's come from my most anticipated game in the past five years to the Best Pokémon game, Period.
    It just blew Platinum out of the water for me.
    The nostalgia, the graphics, the music.
    And that bottom screen no longer feels wasted like it did in D/P/Pt.
    This one, will always have a place in my heart.
    Nintendo will have to work hard if they intend to top this.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    The levels where horribly low, the league are at level 40
    See that's the thing, if you were to compare this game to the originals you can say the levels receded to being low once more. However, because they included the rematch feature for both the Gym Leaders of Johto and Kanto, it is there I feel that the game made some of the biggest improvements since the original. This is also one aspect of the game that has kept my interest in it all this time. The improvements not only from its original counterparts, but also games before it such as DPPt, FRLG, and RSE have shockingly been brought to higher standards. So, the only reason why feeling have shifted since is because I knew this game was going to be exceedingly well no less of what happened in the long run. However, Game Freak topped off my expectations of a remake and gave the game a full revamp, and yeah it still has its downers, but my interest has stayed the same no matter the ups or downs.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I thought there would be more but it doesnt make it a bad game. Im really excited for its American release. Im still preordering both games.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    My opinions have changed a bit since I got SS. I actually couldn't stand the originals much. Got bored of them very quickly. Was not looking forwards to the remake. I actually considered the idea of skipping them entirely. Though suddenly I wanted to import a japanese game and SS ended up being it. Good thing I didn't regret it since it was a risk in importing a remake of a game I couldn't stand.

The remakes fixed most of the problems I had with them. Though strangely created new things I'm bugged by. Nothing big though.

I mean I wish I can carry my medals on each individual Pokemon from te pokethlon instead of having to go to the pokethlon building just to look at them.=/

That's something contests had over pokethlon and that was the fact you can carry your ribbons on each individual Pokemon and be able to look at them at anytime. Other than that pokethlon is alot of fun.

Lack of ribbons to collect also. There's a few but not many. Strangely just when I decided I wanted to collect ribbons of all times. Oh well I guess.

kanto finally lovely and nalstagic like it was in LG and FR and RBY. How it should be and I couldn't be more happy. It also feels a bit more complete with some of the exploration areas making a return and it's legends.

The original GS did a horrible job with Kanto. So it's great to see SS kanto actually be very nice. Like the region and love the music.

I'm a very big Kanto fan by the way.^-^;;;;;

Johto's nice now aswell and I like how the safari zone was put somewhere in the game since safari zone is my favourite place.

So yeah a risk spur of the moment purchase made me like the games alot. However I still dread the idea of playing the originals alot. I play them on occasions only because I'm trying to finish my backloggery of games. I'll be glad when I finish the original GSC to be honest. I prefer SS and SS actually made the games worth playing to me. I will probably buy HG when it comes out in english I like the remakes that much.

I haven't finished SS entirely but I'm enjoying them.

It has exceeded my expectations in every way. I knew it was going to be good, but I never realized just how good. There are a few things that have been changed, but in some ways for the better. The routes were altered a little, but, again, for the better. I know it's very soon, but I would love to see another R/B/Y remake, but in the HG/SS style. Don't get me wrong, the GBA remakes were good, but...in no way were they THIS good. So, to answer the question, yes, my opinions have changed...for the better.

I would like another remake also. Though the 3rd version rather than the main 2.=P

Last edited:

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
    Well, my opinion has not really changed. The game looks cool and all, great graphics, and Gold/Silver/Crystal were my favorite series, but I'm still let down by its sorry plot. The game is made so that you fight the pokemon league at lvl 40, while in diamond in pearl its 50-60. They should have made a better storyline, like how fire red and leaf green have the sevvi islands. Nintendo added in kanto for this, but once you get to kanto, there really won't be any cool surprises, cuz you'll just pwn all the gyms easily, defeat red, and start training. For me kanto was fun to see, but kanto is completely plot-less, making it more like a small obstacle before you complete the game. Maybe its meant to be an obstacle, but in my opinion the storyline is just way too short and rushed.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Well, my opinion has not really changed. The game looks cool and all, great graphics, and Gold/Silver/Crystal were my favorite series, but I'm still let down by its sorry plot. The game is made so that you fight the pokemon league at lvl 40, while in diamond in pearl its 50-60. They should have made a better storyline, like how fire red and leaf green have the sevvi islands. Nintendo added in kanto for this, but once you get to kanto, there really won't be any cool surprises, cuz you'll just pwn all the gyms easily, defeat red, and start training. For me kanto was fun to see, but kanto is completely plot-less, making it more like a small obstacle before you complete the game. Maybe its meant to be an obstacle, but in my opinion the storyline is just way too short and rushed.
    Pokemon games don't really have 'storylines' :S

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I loved every minute of it. The magic was there and I really loved going through Johto again.

Back