• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I just thought of something involving 'the first Pokemon' argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    I'm glad someone actually posted something like this, since this topic has always bugged me. I actually wrote a fic based on the 'true' first pokemon: Mew's Tale... Anyway, I'm a true believer that Mew is the original. Like you said, the Pokedex isn't te bible, and each entry after each new generation changes. Remember in the first movie how Mew was supposed to be the most powerful pokemon ever? What ever happened to that, and if Mew supposedly has every single pokemon gene in its body, doesn't that make him the creator as all the pokemon have a bit of Mew inside of them?

And then there's the show, which screws everything up. There's supposed to be only one 'god' or legendary, but occasionally they'll make it seem like there's more (Lugia being an examle).

With Arceus, its just some giant horse that can become any type it wants so long as it has a Plate and randomly makes the world and everything with its thousands of arms... I only see four, and if those gold things on its back are hands, I pity it...

Wow, sorry for the rant there, but I totally had to get that out and stuff. Anyway, hope my own insight helps!

Artyte

Bin- No Pokemon Prejudice
    Years

When wans't Arceus a Pokemon? What could possibly be in the pre-existence? And by the way, Arceus was born EVEN BEFORE EXISTENCE. Why many people think that mew is the first when all of my friends know, not think, that it is Arceus?
    The pokedex isn't the source of information for pokemon physiology and antropology. It is just a brief explanation device, the internet such as bulbapedia provides more information than the pokedex and it is not fan made, although i have no idea where those information came from, most probably they had interviews with the creators or makers of POKEMON.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
    Didn't Ash catch Brock in a Pokeball in one of the early episodes?

I remember Ash catching a riceball once in the early episodes.

I just thought of something involving 'the first Pokemon' argument.

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
    im a man of mystery... if arceus created mew, then who created arceus?

this is a hard question though

Gamefreak obviously, the director NPC in Diamond & Pearl is god himself haha. I think more than likely Mew was after Arceus.
    I mean, Mewtwo, a man made pokemon fought on Even grounds with mew, when Arecus gets into the anime, no doubt storms, tsunami's etc. will happen, just because it took a breath in and out.
    I personally feel like Areus created mew and one other, who then gave birth to the other Pokemon.

But when you think about it, Arceus was caught by a 10 year old boy.
    Apparently "ball" shaped objects and children are superior to god.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    im a man of mystery... if arceus created mew, then who created arceus?

this is a hard question though
    Who created God in Christianity? Or any other religion, so to speak.

But when you think about it, Arceus was caught by a 10 year old boy.
    Apparently "ball" shaped objects and children are superior to god.
    Haha, XD. Interesting way to put it lol.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Okay this is my first time checking this thread out and I have to say that the first posted theory from the Unchosen One, is actually pretty good, and it makes great sence...but if Arceus would be considered a god rather than a pokemon, mew would be the first pokemon ever...THOUGH, in my opinion, for pokemon to exist we would need Earth, making Dialga, Palkia, Groudon, and Kyogre the first pokemon ever...hope I don't start another feud...lolz

Wallace Berlitz

I'm back for lucks and givin'
    Years
    Base on the PokeSpecial manga, a.k.a information from Pokedex, Mew is an ancestor of all Pokemon. Mew can learn any attacks and many scienctist believe Mew is an ancestor Pokemon of all Pokemon. "All Pokemon come from the same place" in the manga mention. "Emerald's E-Shooter used Faraway Island's soil, where Mew live to claim down all the Pokemon." This theory is proved Mew is an ancestor. Sorry, Emerald and E-Shooter are from the manga. Back to the main topic. Pokedex said Mew is an ancestor.

Yes, How could they know Mew has DNA from all the other PokemoN? It is strange and unlikely to be true. I think there are two possible solutions.
    A- Mew has the DNA of all the common Pokemon. They don't count the Legendaries. If that's the case, it's not impossible to have the DNA of all the regular Pokemon and compare them with Mew's.
    Mew has all the DNA of all Pokemon because Mew is an ancestor Pokemon. Mew can be the first borned Pokemon in the world (Exclude Arceus). They must have do Mew's experiment before. They took Mew's dna to create Mewtwo. And Mew has not confirm as an ancestor of all Pokemon. Since the Pokedex just said "Many scienctist believe Mew is an ancestor Pokemon of all"...

And as Arceus. You're right, Arceus is a god. And Arceus is a god of Pokemon. But it says Arceus borned before the universe born... So we dont really know

Shedinja8

Niger, atrum vel malum. Sumo.
    Years
    Arceus. Here is what I figure.

Long ago in the world of nothing Arceus was born (please do not question how, I'm not sure...). With his tremendous power he filled his world with creatures of amazing sizes, shapes, and abilities. Everything though quickly began to move in chaos. While Arceus was trying to watch over his creatures, he realized he could not have them in his domain after the fighting and quarrels they had. So he created another world for them to live in. Before he could do this he created many more creatures to control these Pokémon, keep peace, and provide for them.
    First he made Palkia and Dialga to watch over the flow of time and space in the world. Next, he made Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza to watch over the land, sea and skies. In this domain of the water, he crowned a prince, Manaphy. Also to help control the skies the created four legendary birds. Moltres, the bird of fire; Zapdos, the bird of thunder; Articuno, the bird of ice; and Lugia, the Guardian of the sea. On land, to control the power of Lighting, Wind, and Fire; the lengary dogs were born; Raikou, Suicune, and Entie. To control the volcanoes, Heatran was put into charge. He then put three being to control of elements of land, Steel, Ice, and Rock: Registeel, Regice, and Regirock these three though were lazy and untrusting, so he put a Pokémon by the name of Regigigas in charge to watch over them. Finally on land, Arceus decide to add some beauty so Shaymin was used to spread flowers.
    His creation of a new world created another parrel one to it. He was only willing to put two of his
    creatures into it, Darkia and Giratina; for their horrible crimes. To watch these Pokémon though he created their opposites, Cresselia; the being of the moon. Finally, in case of any mistakes in his new world, he Created Celebi to go back in time to change anything.
    After a long day, he looked out on his new world. See saw nothing that was close to his greatness. He looked and he found everything about his creations he loved. He combined all these traits to make.... wait for it.... MEW!

Now in summuary. Arceus, then Mew. Also if you ask about the other legendaries, you have to wait till the creation of humans to see those guys show up, unless I forgot about someone...

Anyways... Arceus. Arcues came first. Sorry if my reasoning was kinda lenghthy...

Last edited:

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    Personally, I think every single "Arceus Vs. Mew" debate is just a "Creationism Vs. Evolution" debate transferred into Pokémon terms.

Were all creatures in the world created by an all-knowing God of scientifically-unprovable origins, OR did all creatures in the world evolve from a single organism?

Were all Pokémon in the world created by the God Pokémon Arceus who existed before the very universe itself, OR did all Pokémon in the world evolve from the ancestor species of Mew?

The fact that Arceus has been proven to exist doesn't necessarily mean that he really is a god, either. Pokémon-world mythology says that Arceus is a god; real-world Roman mythology, for a brief period, said that Julius Caesar had become a god after he died. Mythological and religious texts are highly suspect all around, even if the beings they discuss did exist; why can't the same go for the Pokémon world?

Arceus may well be a god and not a Pokémon; he may also be a Pokémon and not a god.

Then, of course, there's the suggestion that perhaps the myths are all correct, which leaves Mew in a pickle.

So debating between Arceus and Mew is about as productive as debating between creationism and evolution. I, for one, choose option number three and claim that the Pokémon world was created by the Flying Tangela Monster. The FTM merely modified the evidence found in the Pokémon world to make it look like all Pokémon were descended from Mew and/or created by Arceus, probably both at the same time, so that nobody would bother with the FTM.

varial295

A pokemon researcher
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2010
    well this is an interesting topic

but honestly u notice that every generation they come up with a set of legendaries
    for example take emerald with koygre groudon and raquaza

dialga palkia arceus?

well it turns out arceus might as well be a pokemon and not a god because it is classified in that sort of order

or it can be a god because it came after a 2 generation thing

for example lets take yellow version and crystal version

those would be created from mew

emerald and platinum there comes arcues

but!

what about the other legendaries they mite be a wehole set of pokemon gods for exammpple like garatina or lugia

take that in to mind and pm me if u have any questions

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    My opinion is that Arceus was born from Chaos as per Canalave Library's legend and created the pokemon Dialga, Palkia, Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, hence the physical world, and then Mew which had the ability to create. Mew then proceeded to create all "common" pokemon (e.g., non-legends). Arceus, after creating the habitat and the legends, confined itself to the laws of Pokemon and took to resting and observing the earth.

Note: this is part of the 4th Gen edition of my Poke-Creation story! Not a cover-all for any particular region!
    I almost have the whole story worked out. I'll post here sometime.

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I've thought of an interesting concept. :)
    What if Arecus is the God of Sinnoh?
    It could make sense, Palkia and Dialga were creating to make sure the flow of time in Sinnoh runs smoothly. :\
    Or maybe there could be lods of Arceus', implying there are many Gods? Maybe one per region (since according to Prof. Oak (If I'm correct) there is a White Rock which may hint there is a Shaymin so why not a Arceus too? :)
    Also, if he is a God, how could he be caught by a normal Pokeball? :S
    So if he is a God Pokemon, shouldn't he be only be able to be caught only in a Master Ball, yet not being able to be caught at all? :\
    But anyway, I'd say Arceus is a Pokemon since it can be caught in a Pokeball and you can battle with it. Also, it is in the Pokedex and it has the same features (type, stats, moves etc) as any standerd pokemon (except the Plates and highest stats. :()

varial295

A pokemon researcher
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2010
    espeon is saying exactly of what i amtrying to say (:

varial295

A pokemon researcher
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2010
    no snipe fire it doesnt and the only pokemon that cud posibly have been made from bacteria would i think be mewtwo and these is no way he is the first pokemon

Jacob77

Are you reading this?
    Years
    "He then put three being to control of elements of land, Steel, Ice, and Rock: Registeel, Regice, and Regirock these three though were lazy and untrusting, so he put a Pokémon by the name of Regigigas in charge to watch over them."

HOLD ON ..... I thought the Regis were guardians of some sort of treasure O_o not the watcher of ice,steel and rock, btw this reminds me of something from asa (the vikings religion, I've forgotten its name in english, and too lazy to check)
    but I cant put my finger on what ........

And how come Arceus is GOD over everything btw?
    Since Mew was the first mentioned "legend" ever in pokemon (if not Ho-oh on like 1st - 2nd episode season 1)
    And somewhere Mew was introduced as a peaceful poke which contained every pokes DNA bla,bla,bla
    How come they've changed that and insteed put together a pokemon that is yet not obtainable ingame (except for the AR users) and not yet to be seen in the series or movies? (possibly mentioned,but so was Ho-Oh and the other birds)
    But still Nintendo have every right to do as they will, even tho I still think Mew as the rightous "god"
    Period!

/ ~ Zhull ~

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back