• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I just thought of something involving 'the first Pokemon' argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    My theory? Arceus is creation God of Pokemon in general.
    Mew is the demi-god of the Kanto region Pokemon, XD.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2009
    I would say that Arceus is a multi-dimensional god that has come into our universe in Pokemon form, as an incarnate deity. He* then creates all pokemon in the image of the form he* has currently chosen. The whole point of Arceus' elemental plates is that Arceus has no fixed form or powers, and although his* current incarnation is that of a Pokemon, that is not his* true form, as he* should technically be omnipresent. Of course, in this current form he* is not omnipresent nor omnipotent or omniscent, which poses a slight problem when he* is confronted by a kid with a DS, a stack of Master Balls and an Action Replay. It is therefore unfair and impossible to presume that Arceus is not a pokemon, as he* is the very definition of pokemon and created all pokemon in his form. Also, if you try to question whether or not he* is a pokemon based on his* intelligence, let us not forget that other extremely sentinent non-ledgendaries such as Lucario and Meowth do exist.
    The fact is, you sort of miss the point. There is no reason why he* cannot be a pokemon and a deity at the same time. Although you claim that modern religions' gods, such as the Christian god, are not human, maybe you should think about just one word. Just one. Jesus. God in human form. This is what I believe Arceus is, a god in the form of a pokemon.

*Note: I use the masculine tense simply as a common gender, I fully regognise and accept the fact that Arceus, or indeed any of the Ledgendary pokemon, have no gender.

the-fox-hero

part timer at the daycare
    Years
    ok my turn. are you ready?

this has to be one of my fav topics in the forum. you get a kudos...all of you, from me. if that means anything. but to not make this post spam...arceus is classifed as the "alpha pokemon"
    note: the pokedex was made by "the labcoat trees" lol all they have to go on for the imput for the pokedex of legends are myths and lore.

so the pokedex prob has more space for pokemon info than we know of...

and whos to say pokemon reay dont exist in real life? has anyone ever heard of diff dementions??

just to say some mumbo jumbo.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    New points: To draw a parallel, the Bible says that the Lord created man in his image, so why couldn't Arceus have naturally been applied to stats and such, and simply created pokemon by those guidelines. Or, I believe Cyrus from D/P said "using a Pokeball to capture Dialga/Palkia would keep it from using it's full power, and that it's natural force (time or space) would go on unaltered," or some grouping of words which would give the general impression of such a speech? Hence why capturing Arceus isn't a big problem. You've only got a little bit of him in there.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2013
    I just wanna say something. It was pretty much proven in one episode that Clefairy were aliens. If so, how come they can be captured in Pokeballs? Also, it is explicitly stated that Deoxys came from a meteorite.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Whoa! Please dont revive threads so old. Feel free to make a new thread on Clefairy and Deoxys and the mystery of Poke Balls.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back