• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I love the Old Chateau in Eterna forest, do you?

Ger Japa

Pokémon Master
Years
  • Well let's start talking about it ok?

What do you think about the old man and the little girl there? Are they really ghost? Why are their souls haunting this place? Any stories about them? You can make it up, as scary as possible. Just to have fun...or should i say scared :P

jksa893

Playing Soul Silver
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2011
    I think rotom just have to do something about it...

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • It's simple - Rotom is a demonic entity looking to take over the world. The parents left on a vacation and Rotom killed the Butler and the little girl, and they haunt the place as spirits. Noone can confirm this tale however, because once the spirits are seen they will never reveal themselves to you, again.

Ger Japa

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • It's simple - Rotom is a demonic entity looking to take over the world. The parents left on a vacation and Rotom killed the Butler and the little girl, and they haunt the place as spirits. Noone can confirm this tale however, because once the spirits are seen they will never reveal themselves to you, again.

Then where are her parents now?

Ger Japa

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • Haha nice, i found this interesting story on the internet, they explained everything in the chateau lol i think whoever came up with this story is a talent.

check it out

In the Chateau, three people lived. These were the owner, the owner's daughter, and their butler. The owner was a previously renowned scientist, who had been making large strides in the fields of Pokemon research. However, when his wife died (The child's mother, obviously), the scientist, without telling his child or butler, refrigerated her dead body underneath the (now glaring) statue in the main room.

Now, the scientist devoted his time to his research, which was now focusing on creating a living Pokemon from scratch. He believed that if he could do this, he could one day revive his dead wife, who he cannot live without. The butler, who had been great friends with him, became greedy and believed that he could do so much more with the scientist's money than he was. He was second in line in the will for the fortune of the scientist, after the scientist's daughter. So he decided to poison both to acquire the house himself.

However, the girl found out about his plan. She tried to warn her dad, but he was too devoted to his research to listen. She decided to hide the antidote the servant had at the last minute, in the trash can, so she could save her father later. She used the substitute so that only her copy would be poisoned.

The butler had to eat some of the Old Gateau with the other two, since he ate with them avery night. The scientist considered him a friend, more than anything. The scientist, who was on the verge of a breakthrough, took some with him into his room so he could continue working. The butler died because he could not find the antidote. When the scientist found out, he went into denial, not believing his daughter about the evil butler. He locked himself in his room for the next week, working non-stop to complete his experiments. The Butler's body was left lying in the kitchen. The police were not called. The girl tried desperately to get in, but he always shouted at her to get away. He ate nothing and drank very little.

Finally, by electrifying a blob of plasma, he finally created Rotom. Then he died. Some say it was from exhaustion, other from a heart attack or stroke. Some others even say Rotom killed him. Anyway, the girl then lost the will to live when she managed to get in the room only to find her father dead. She was found dead next to him, still clutching his shirt.

A couple weeks later, the brother of the girl's mother, Mr. Backlot came by to visit his niece. He found the three dead bodies. He had a mimic of the statue that had been made as a "memorial" to the mother (he didn't know her body was under the original). He made the trophy garden as a memorial to his niece, who loved all the Pokemon that are commonly found there. The Rotom took up residence on the T.V. and Gengars were drawn to the room with the painting, where they play tricks on visitors. The glaring statue is the mother's soul, seeking rest. The girl and the butler still show up sometimes at the mansion as ghosts. The gateau was left sitting in the lab all these years, where the poison eventually became dormant and unharmful.

Pearlone

Beginning Mapper Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2017
    Well, I don't think there are any ACTUAL stories behind Old Chateau, all im happy about is that with GBA Pokemon game inserted, you can catch a Gengar without having to trade anyone and waste time. :D

Ger Japa

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • Yah there's no true story pkm fans just made them up but i think they're interesting enough, although not so scared i want some scare lol :P

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    I love the Old Chateau… I just wish the game gave some more story behind… I really want there to be some side mission on it or something…

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I love the Old Chateau… I just wish the game gave some more story behind… I really want there to be some side mission on it or something…

same

its was super creepy in there XD

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • I would have like to see more story here too, but anyway.

Although, could it be charon's old place? After all he did all that research on Rotdom.

Ger Japa

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • I love the Old Chateau… I just wish the game gave some more story behind… I really want there to be some side mission on it or something…

ditto xD

wish there were a mission in the okd chateau or sth xD

it's funnily creepy in there xD especially the music theme xD

Ger Japa

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • LOL true i was startling when a Gastly jumped out :P

btw, by saying ditto i means "me too", not...the real ditto :|

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I kind of suspect that Charon once lived there, as did Mr. Backlot. Although, Charon looks older. So:

The Chateau was an old house that had been in Charon's family for a long time. When he was young, he had his experience with Rotom, which stuck around as he lived there, even though it was never truly captured. However, as Charon aged, his family began to pass away and he became bitter. Mr. Backlot eventually approached Charon wanting to buy his house, but Charon didn't accept until Cyrus began recruiting for Team Galactic. He promised to fund Charon's research on Rotom, and so Charon finally relented and allowed Mr. Backlot to move in, along with his staff and children. Not wanting his lab to be discovered (after all, they may take the credit for MY research into Rotom!), he began to check in on the Backlot family occasionally. When he found out that one of the butlers had found the room, he poisoned the old man at dinner. Eventually he murdered Mr. Backlot's young daughter as well, at which point the family moved out, fearing ghosts. As we all know, thinking that ghosts are there make it more likely that ghosts are there, and as the now-abandoned building rotted, Gastly gathered and retold the terrible story through images of the ones who were killed. In an act of sympathy towards Rotom, Charon returned one more time, and brought Rotom a large television where he resides even now. Unless you caught him.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • I really liked that house, as well as the forest itself. The music and the forest atmosphere were, I don't know.. more suiting than in other generations.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
  • That place was creepy. The first time I saw the old man ghost was at three in the morning with the volume turned up. I didn't play Diamond for days after that~

It is interesting, though. -nodnod-

Back