• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I missed a Shiny - Whats better? Save or restart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
Years
  • Neither one will let you meet a shiny any faster. Your chain's been broken, so you're gonna have to start all over. Sorry, bud.

Years
  • LMAO! I love the swearing in the background.

But yeah, if you were chaining you're gonna have to restart your chain all over, and if you weren't then there's a 1 in 8192 chance you'll see another shiny. Sorry... :\

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Honestly, I hate the Great Marsh, too. I tried a million times to catch an Azurill there, and I just ended up breeding two Marrills. Once you catch the Pokes you need, never bother with it again.

Years
  • Aha, the classic 'Shiny Pokémon fled' message.

My mate had it happen to him on FireRed, a shiny Tauros in the Safari Zone!!!

Only seen two shinies myself, shiny Weedle on Silver, and dunno why but didnt catch it, was a female, i know its RARE, but i already had a male Weedle, and probably wouldnt have trained it. Stupid, but my Silver game wiped anyway. No matter.

And the second was on LeafGreen, a shiny Zapdos. I wanted to catch the Zapdos with one Ultra Ball, so kept restartin when it failed, and then a shiny Zapdos!!!!! I thought, screw it, weakened it and threw Ultra Balls till i had no more, then Great Balls, and everything else i had. But i ran out, so i couldnt catch it. Damn!

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
    Years
  • I turned the DS off, because I think, it's faster to meet a shiny, if you turn the DS off and try it again (I know that I'm very stupid to believe such a ****).
    Last year I did the same. One month later a shiny Wurmple appeared.
    The very strange thing is that most of the shinies that i meet (Wurmple, Skorpiun) appear in the night.
    The Shiny Natu appeared at about 10-11:30 PM.

I was very lucky in Pokemon Gold.
    I catched Shiny Natu and Shiny Onix --> cloned them and trained the clone.
    And so I got Xatu and Stellix too (That means 4 shinies).

Last edited:

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • I'm just wondering why you just happened to have your Camera on when you ran into a Shiny. This just seems like bad trolling to me... (And Hacking)

~T_S

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • I'm just wondering why you just happened to have your Camera on when you ran into a Shiny. This just seems like bad trolling to me... (And Hacking)

~T_S

Not exactly. Here's the scenario:

1: See a Shiny. NKLgrnjklasdghkfGRSEIOWAEIJROUIGW!!!!!!11!!!!?11

2: Scramble for a camera

3: Start recording and posting your epic capture on Youtube.

4: Continue battle. Fail capture.

5: ****!

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
    Years
  • It wasn't hacked!
    If I would hack a shiny, then I would record before, how I'm walking in the grass!!!

That was it, but after the failure I putted the video in Youtube.

DUDE! I WAS SEARCHING FOR A SKORPIUN! I WOULD CAPTURE IT AND LET HIM EVOLUE TO DRAPION!
    I COULD NOW HAVE A SHINY DORAPION IN MY PERFECT POKEMON-TEAM!

Why I was so stupid and didn't wait 3-4 seconds longer.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I turned the DS off, because I think, it's faster to meet a shiny, if you turn the DS off and try it again (I know that I'm very stupid to believe such a ****).
    Last year I did the same. One month later a shiny Wurmple appeared.
    The very strange thing is that most of the shinies that i meet (Wurmple, Skorpiun) appear in the night.
    The Shiny Natu appeared at about 10-11:30 PM.

Does the time have any bearing on whether you get a shiny or not?

Years

~T_S

If it was hacked he could have thousands of other oppurtunities to get a shiny Skorupi. Do you really think, that if he was hacking, he'd yell "@#$%!!!" at the end?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back