• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I really want to talk to you, but I am to shy...

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
  • I'm only really shy in real life with girls I like. or any girl I find cute. ;____; such is my strife. otherwise, I'm really talkative if there's some common ground or pretty much whenever I'm around good friends, regardless of who else is there.

stp

ShootThePuck
    Years
  • I'm pretty reserved for the most part. I really don't mind talking to most people but I have a hard time keeping up a conversation with someone that I don't know very well. I tend to do better in groups where I can bounce off other people and I don't feel the pressure of responding to every comment made.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    What's the big deal? We're all humans here. There's too much to lose by being shy.

Years
  • I'm not so much shy as I am reserved. I don't open up easily to new people but once I do I'm quite open and articulate, and like to show it.
    Reserved is a good way of putting it.

I often tell people that I'm actually rather introverted by nature, keeping to myself, enjoying the solitude of being alone or at least with someone whom I'm absolutely comfortable being my complete self with and that's what happens once people get to know me better. Once I can trust them and feel that I have nothing to lose by being myself, I let everything go. It's quite strange how with a light flip of the switch that I go from being one person to another as soon as we're comfortable around each other.

I usually don't go out of my way to chat with someone, but I'll chat with people if they approach me. I'm nowhere near shy, but I will express that trait at times when around a very large group of people for sure.
    I don't do well in large groups either. Rather, I often go out of my way to avoid them even amongst social gatherings of mutual friends. Groups of 5+ are not events that I'd particularly partake in simply because my voice gets lost and I have nothing worthwhile to contribute in that sense.

What's the big deal? We're all humans here. There's too much to lose by being shy.
    That's one to think about it, though I'm probably more on the pessimistic side of thinking about situations. I've managed to work slightly on my reserved nature mainly whenever there's something or someone that I want, but otherwise, I keep to myself.

Yukari

I have seen people I wanted to talk to but never did. This is because I'm a rather shy person and I generally find talking to people difficult, unless I know the person fairly well and am comfortable talking to them.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Happens to me a lot of times, offline and online. I'm not really a friendly person and I'm horrible at conversations. If I miraculously manage to start a conversation with someone I barely know, the conversation would probably end almost immediately, and after that I'd find it too awkward to try to keep it going. Guess I'm just not a social butterfly.

Years
  • Most of the time I don't initiate conversation unless I'm bored out of my mind that I have to talk or if I'm forced. But if someone comes up to me and talks then I'm perfectly fine with that. As some other people here have said, I have trouble starting a conversation, but talking and keeping the conversation I'm fine with. And especially with girls I like. My situation is that I like this girl from Guatemala and she only speaks spanish. While that might not seem bad because she doesn't have many friends here which reduces peer pressure, I just don't know what the hell to say. Like, I know above average spanish for my level but seriously, I don't want her to consider me really awkward. And my friends are always...like, getting on my case about it. They're always telling my that its my chance and it's destiny and all that.

i think the reason I have trouble starting up a conversation is because I switched schools a lot as a little kid. I went from one pre-school to another one. Then I graduated to kindergarten and once I graduated that, I went to another school. 1-4 and then I switch again. 4-8 and I graduate from there and move on to high school. Freshman year ends and I go to another school for sophomore year. Next year I'm probably going back to the school I went to for freshman year or I may stay at my current school. But as you can see, I've been moving schools quite a lot which gets me "labelled" as the "new kid".

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • Online, when I want to talk to someone, I just sit and wait for them to talk to me first because I'm extremely paranoid about saying the wrong thing or being to obsessive with messaging (you're online why arent you responding i just messaged you haha okay i can never talk to you again because fear) or it being too random like "what the hell are you messaging me for i dont even know you" and I am terrible at starting conversations even without all that. That's also why I just kinda ignore when someone misses my message. I am extremely fearful of making someone think I'm too clingy or obsessive. It's even worse when it's someone I'd really love to talk to more. Anxiety sucks ass.

Offline, I just try not to talk to people. But for very different reasons.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I think I know my way around people. I'm not afraid to start a conversation, and I can hold it. Even with girls I like, as a lot people here seem to have a bit of trouble with, haha, I can still talk to them for hours on end. It get's a bit more troublesome when I'm supposed to be hitting on someone, because that is not gonna happen, haha. I always say I'm good with people, I'm bad with girls.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • irl i am really shy but online i am p straightforward coz why do i care??
    if u wanna ever talk about anythin just message me coz idc LOL

Outlier

The nerves don't kick in unless I let myself get psyched out. I mean anyone can introduce themselves to someone. It's maintaining conversation and interest that I struggle with, especially if I don't have much common ground with said person.

Years
  • I'm not that shy in person or online. I'm pretty friendly. Idk why, really. I just love talking.
    *advertisement kicks in*
    because of that vm/pm me for a conversation wiiiiiiiiiithhhhh PERCY

Years
  • I used to be really shy, but I'm starting to get over it, however as I grow out of shyness I'm gaining an inability to maintain a conversation with anyone be it a friend of stranger. However if there is a cute girl talking to me, I always clam up and I can't think of what to say. It's so annoying and it always makes me want to kill myself when the awkward silence kicks in. :(

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • I used to be super shy when I start talking to people, but now, I'm the complete opposite .When I get used to them, I can go full retard whenever I want. if I wanna be shy, I can be, but sometimes, and just stupid for no absolute reason.

Years
  • I used to be super shy when I start talking to people, but now, I'm the complete opposite .When I get used to them, I can go full retard whenever I want. if I wanna be shy, I can be, but sometimes, and just stupid for no absolute reason.

Those are the best people to be around, in my opinion.

Of course, you probably wouldn't want to act like a complete idiot in front of strangers as a first impression, but once you're friends, full steam ahead! As for myself, I have no qualms of making a fool of myself, to a certain extent, in public since I've started not giving a rat's behind about what others think. I am at my most comfortable with my boyfriend, who finds everything quirky and dorky act of mine adorable c:

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years

• Those are the best people to be around, in my opinion.

Of course, you probably wouldn't want to act like a complete idiot in front of strangers as a first impression, but once you're friends, full steam ahead! As for myself, I have no qualms of making a fool of myself, to a certain extent, in public since I've started not giving a rat's behind about what others think. I am at my most comfortable with my boyfriend, who finds everything quirky and dorky act of mine adorable c:

My cousins taught me that it's ok to be somewhat natural infront of strangers. Just don't be very awkward, just talk to strangers like you'd talk to any other person. Don't be that shy. Sometimes, when I'm somewhere and I do something stupid, people look at me, but then I tell myself what's the chance of meeting these people again? Exactly, very unlikely.

Years
  • Sometimes, when I'm somewhere and I do something stupid, people look at me, but then I tell myself what's the chance of meeting these people again? Exactly, very unlikely.

That's the mindset I've been trying to instill in myself for the last little while. For the most part, it's made me less worrisome about looking like a complete fool in public and as a result, rather happier and carefree c:

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years

• That's the mindset I've been trying to instill in myself for the last little while. For the most part, it's made me less worrisome about looking like a complete fool in public and as a result, rather happier and carefree c:

Yeah, pretty much. It made me appreciate life more to.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    in the past yeah. nowadays it's more like i want to talk to you, but idk what the fuck to talk about so i say nothing.

Back