• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I think this would be a cool feature.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
Years
  • ^What Nick said. I've come across situations where I never replied to them because it was too late. I could really use this feature.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • I wouldn't be using something like this. Usually when something I say is quoted, it's in an active conversation I'm in. Because it's an active conversation, I tend to read what's said. It's rare that members are quoted without them knowing it or being in the conversation.

If you want to keep track of a conversation in a thread...why not just subscribe to it? It's much easier.

Drew said:
    Quote Notification

That would be hell in places like the DCC where things are often quoted.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I think it'd be neat, then again.. I really don't like I'm subscribed to so many threads, and I rarely ever check them. So if I had a way to know that someone quoted me, and is actually talking to me in one of them, that would make it easier then reading through five pages or more to find out.

But I see how people could find it annoying, at the same time. It would be nice if people could disable it, if they wanted to.

Years
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 14, 2009
    I think it'd be neat, then again.. I really don't like I'm subscribed to so many threads, and I rarely ever check them. So if I had a way to know that someone quoted me, and is actually talking to me in one of them, that would make it easier then reading through five pages or more to find out.

But I see how people could find it annoying, at the same time. It would be nice if people could disable it, if they wanted to.

I think the disabling thing would be cool. I don't get how people quoting you is annoying but I guess everybody is different.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • I think the disabling thing would be cool. I don't get how people quoting you is annoying but I guess everybody is different.
    It's not that people quoting you is annoying, it's that there will be a list of people who quoted you somewhere in your User CP. It's an appropriate idea to allow people to disable these lists.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Well, if our resident php genius could get this code ported for vB 3.8 (if it doesn't already support it) I'm all for this feature. I like to know when I'm quoted personally. XD

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
  • Well, if our resident php genius could get this code ported for vB 3.8 (if it doesn't already support it) I'm all for this feature. I like to know when I'm quoted personally. XD

Same. On lots of threads like the daily chit chat, I am pretty sure I've been quoted once or twice on there and I'd like to know how often, too, like if I am respected enough to be quotedness!

Off topic: The big 400! YESH!

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Sounds awesome but at the rate Steve is doing with server administration on this current server. fail. Unless you want to donate more... *runs*

I've been rooting for IQ based registration for ages. Just think. Wouldn't have had to deal with Mobile Tsk. win

I literally wouldn't even have to ban anyone. They'd all be intelligent enough to read the rules.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • I really liked the feature on the other forum because many times I would drop a post in a thread and then forget that thread existed. So if I were quoted or something I'd be able to know to go back and respond and read up on the thread.

Anywhoot it was just an idea and I'm glad some of you guys liked it. Maybe one day *shrug*.

Xarses

Whippersnapper
    Years
  • This idea seems really, I dunno, unique? I've never heard of something like that and thinking about it... it'd be pretty frickin' awesome. I'm all for it :3

Back