• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Ash doesn't belong with Richie, he belongs with NO ONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I have to agree with Elite Trainer Raven here. There's WAY too many threads on the shippings. (and I plan to post in all of them!)

Like I said before, Ash won't think about love anytime soon, if at all. He's too busy right now, and at his current rate, he's gonna be busy for quite a while.

And I thought this thread supposed to be on Ash+Ritchie. How'd we rear off course like this?!

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
    Hm… well, I'll see about shipping the shippy (bad pun) threads off to another forum, to allow space for the real discussions.
    buster_wolf said:
    Doesn't seem to maintain an interest in a relation, but you know, it's fun to pair him up with somebody. =P
    Indeed. I, myself, am an Advanceshipper, and proud. Yes, I believe that Haruka and Satoshi make a great pair, but I also understand the anim? creators' limits on this subject.

buster_wolf

MUSCLE INFERNO
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    Eheh, yeah, you gotta deal with the shipping and handling on that... *a bad pun as well*

Satoshi is a focused lad and well... his mindset is being a Pokemon Master.

If he keeps this up, he'll never get married. XD

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Ok. Ash is not gay with Richie. Pokemon and other animes usally reflect the japanese and chniaese culture(Notice that every once and a while you can find towns in pokemon with the old japnese look). If Ash and Richie had a thing for each other then it would be dead because I don't think the culture wants to be represented that way.

Ash is firends with everybody and he more intrested with Pokemon. If he is in love with any body it is with Misty. The prove is there (Show and movie)

Satrijou

Bubble wrap
    Years
    yeah, thats just what i think....
    He likes pokemon more than anything and he is focused to training them just like Richie, they both wants to become a pokemon master

Years
    No, I don't always agree with Elite Triainer Raven, MewthreeXL. Even though I do agree with a lot of things he says, I still have my arguements with him every now and then. Recently, though, he's been saying things that I find correct, and it's sorta hard to argue with things that you also agree on, ya know!

reyna_de_la_fire
    , you do realize that you're only talking about the English version, right? Kasumi has shown no interest in Satoshi since after season one, so there's no talking about love between them there.

YES!!!! There's a sticky that talks about shippings! (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=33766) Don't post here anymore, post there! I hope this is the last post in here!

NeverAgain

Real men wear makeup.
    Years
    I don't think any of us can know for sure what sexuality Ash preferres or who Ash secretly likes. To say Ash isn't bisexual, gay, or straight is just personal opinion. It's impossible to tell what Ash is thinking or feeling for a certain character. Maybe he likes Richie.. maybe he likes May. Maybe he likes both of them at the same time. Who knows! It's fun to speculate, but the only way we'll know for certain is when Ash himself tells us in an episode of the show.

articuno_trumps_all

LeagueShipper,#1Richie-Fan
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 22, 2007
    Arti?s LeagueShipping Hint List

1. Before Ash met Richie, Gary has been seen as the primary homosexual love interest for Ash. After Ash beat Gary?thus loosing face in front of ash?, he meets Richie, his new love?coincidence!

2. Richie seems pretty **** adamant to get into Ash and co?s elevator. Are we supposed to believe he didn?t have a hidden agenda to get up close to and meet that piece of ***.

3. I have a theory that starter Pokemon are extensions to the trainer?s genital, and Richie seems to rubbing Pikachu the right way (ok, don?t start Pokeprophet LOL).

4. We all know Ash is a BIG mama?s boy, and she seems to greatly approve of Richie. And I quote ?Cutie.?

5. When Ash and Richie meet up the next day, you can totally see that they are into each outer. All the coy glances from both parties.

6. Richie saves Ash?s life, though Ash is not happy about it, but she immediately forgives him because it is Richie, after all. But look very closely where Richie places his hands when he saves Ash. Touchy feely.

7. Decide to give up chasing after TR, so they ?set up camp.? I bet many a tent was pitched.

8. The pillow talk, oh the pillow talk.

9. The onix in the sky. Now why would they project an onix in the sky.

10. They fight for dominance in their relationship by trying to outdo each with their dreams for the future. I believe Richie wins, thus becomes the man, because he will be the universe?s greatest Pokemon master.

11. A night under the stars together after a fire lit meal; how romantic.

12. Ash seems very upset that he will be battling his new love Richie in the 5th round.

13. Ash and Richie have similar taste in Pokemon, as well as similar interests and dreams, but they have different personality?conditions I?ve always thought make for a good relationship.

14. Ok that scene in which Ash and Richie promise to make their battle the best on of their lives; how cute was that. Richie loves his *****ie.

15. Notice how when ?Richie? (actually Jessie) called Ash, he immediately went out to meet him, even after Misty/Brock told him not to.

16. Misty is clearly jealous of Richie (i.e. the foot stamp). She senses she has competition for Ash?s heart.

17. Richie wont let the match called on account of a forfeit; is it because he?s just a nice guy, or does he love his *****ie.

18. Though he is happy that he won the battle, Richie is very upset to see Ash take the loss so hard; though the loss probably didn?t bother him so much as the fact Charizard didn?t listen to him. In any result, Richie is very concerned about Ash.

19. Ash visits Richie in the locker room before his next battle; nuff said.

20. Ash is so sad to see Richie loss to Assumpta (hobag). Now Richie doesn?t loose face because he has already asserted his dominance over Ash.

21. The scene that Richie beat Ash, while gagged with a pokeball ball-gag, with a cat of nine tails. Wait, did I imagine that?

The real 21. Richie and Ash share another romantic scene next to a lake.

22. There is a theory in which when trainers are in love, their Pokemon fall in love. Well in the lake scene, sparkie and Pikachu are clearly making out. Love frolic if I?ve ever saw one. Sparkie and Pikachu are just projecting what Ash and Richie are feeling.

23. Oh some manga ones. Ash and Richie talk about their upcoming match. Richie says he is going to be nervous, but then ?the tension makes him come alive.? Ash relies ?I know what you mean.? What kind of tension are we talking about, ah sexual.

24. Ash concedes the match when both of their Charizards are about to kill each other. Ash couldn?t let Richie?s Pokemon get hurt because he loves him.

25. The SUNSET scene. If this doesn?t show how romantic their love is, I don?t know what does.

26. The two blinking stars.

27. Richie goes to dinner with Ash & co; one last date before they part ways.

28. Ash chooses to match with Richie; just friends or lovas. Ok, that one isn?t very good.

29. Again, another romantic scene. They are the only two ones in the stadium. They say goodbye as a love ballad plays.

30. Oh, yeah. Ash seems extra motivated to get back to the league after he was kidnapped. Just his need to compete; no, I believe he says something about his promise to Richie.

31. Richie just happens to meet up with Ash at the whirl islands. Are we supposed to believe that was a coincidence? I think they made plans to meet for some sexage.

32. The coy smiles and glances from both parties when they see each other again.

33. Lugia is obviously trying to play match maker; it appear to both of them bringing them to the same location (if you don?t buy #31).

34. Are we supposed to believe there wasn?t some sort of fun going on when they changed into their scuba gear.

35. Ash looks particularly concerned when he sees Richie unconscious. At the very least, he stays by Richie?s side instead of checking on Misty or Brock.

36. Ash and Richie part ways in another typical romantic goodbye scene.

37. Ash babies his Lavitar more than any other Pokemon he has ever had. Could it be that it reminds him of Richie?s Pupitar.

38. Richie goes to Professor Oak?s lab in Pallet; he was obviously trying to find his *****ie.

39. At the end of the same episode, Richie states his intention of meeting up with Ash again in Hoenn.

40. Richie shows us how much he lives to play matchmaker in the Celebi episode. If he likes to be a matchmaker, why wouldn?t he set up Misty and Ash if it wasn?t for the fact he is hot for Ash and that he knows/thinks Ash is a MO.

41. In the Moltres episode, he says how much Silver?one of his guys on the side?reminds him of Ash. He?s seeing Ash everywhere!

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    Your points really prove nothing. I've seen those epsisodes at least five times each. Not once did it cross my mind that Ash and Richie were in love. I won't bother with all of them just most of them.

For number 1. I really don't know how to reply to this so I don't think I will. In reply to number 2. Richie rushed to get on the elivator because he had some where he wanted to go. It had nothing to do with Ash. I've ran to catch eleivators before because it's annoying to have to wait for them to come down again. Any coy glances your talking about is just a glance of understanding or similar opinions. In regard to 7, 8, 9, and 10. Uh have you ever heard of sleeping under the stars? It's not romanitic it's camping. Ahs sleeps under the stars in about every episode. At the end of Jirachi Wish Maker during the credits Ash and co were pointing out constilations to each other. Just because you trace constilation with your fingure while gazing at the sky with your best friend it doesn't mean your gay. I missed one. Number 3. He was rubbing Pikachu's ears and chin. I don't think that counts as sexual contact. I really don't know what to say about 10. Every body who's ever had a friend should know that friends always try to outdo each other. It's got nothing ot do with being attracted to them. 11. Ash was upset when he found out he had to battle Misty in the Hwirl Islands. No not so much because there was always a rivaly there. Espessually since the unfinished gym match. The reason he was so upset was because he had to fight his best freind. You'd be unhappiy to if there was a tornament of some kind and you were matched up against your best friend. For 18 and 19. Of course Richie would be upset that Ash took the loss hard. It wasn't fair because Charizard didn't battle. Besides they're friends so even though one wins the other would still feel sorry for them. It's like your two best friends getting in a fight. Who would you cheer for? In the locker rooms he wished him good luck. (Oh and Misty and Brock were there just to clear that up.) 20 Ash is unpest for the same reason Richie was sad that Ash lost. And of course Richie is upset he just doesn't take it as hard as Ash did. 21. No comment. 23. It would be the tension of the upcoming match. Ash is always nervous before a big battle. And as others have said Ash and Richie are basically clones. 24 I don't remember Ash conceding the match. he lost cause Charizard wouldn't battle. 25. As far as I can see the sunsets mean two things. One is romance and the other is sadness. I believe this one was sadness. 26. Ok well that's just weird. I can't see how starts have anything to do with it but if it means anything it's probably foreshadowing. 27. Alot of people invite their friends over for dinner. It's not a date. 29. It sound like a love ballad to me. *shrugs* 30. Well this is obvious. One he made a promise to his best friend. Two, he battled his way through Kanto to get to the Indigo League. He knows theres a time limit. He's not just goin to sit back and relaxe while he's disquilified. 31 and 32. So if Ahs and Richie meet up in the Whirl Islands. Their friends. It wasn't unexpected that they'd see each other again. Adn rememebr what I said about foreshadowing. Plus I don't remember coy glances but I could have just forgotten. 33 and 34. Uh match maker? Lugia? That just doesn't make sense. And as for when they change into scuba gear. No comment is needed. Really it seems like a fantasy to me but that's just an opinion like everything else I've said. 35 and 36. Of course Ash is conserned when he wakes to find his best friend unconsous next to him. The goodbye scene didn't seem romantic to me. 37. Ash babies Lavitar because that's just how he acts. Plus Ash is the only one Larvitar trusts in the least. 38 and 39. I haven't seen that episode so I can't say anytihng about it. But I will say that it's not unusual for Richie o want to see Ash again. They're friends. I have friends who have moved and it would be great to see them again. 40. Uh Richie played match maker because Celebi wanted him to. He probably didn't know anything about Misty and Ash liking each other. Plus if he went around trying to play match maker I doubt he'd have become such good friends with Ash. Istead he would be more like Brock except for the constant girl chasing. May's a mtach maker too but she didn't try to get Ash and Misty to fall in love in the episode when Misty returns. 41. I'm not sure which episode your talking about but he just mentioned that becasue Silver reminded him of Ash. There are people who remind you of other people. It's actually not that uncommon.

Well all of this is just my opinion so you don't have to pay attention to any of it.

Arigeitsu159

Meh...
    Years
    articuno_trumps_all said:
    Arti?s LeagueShipping Hint List

1. Before Ash met Richie, Gary has been seen as the primary homosexual love interest for Ash. After Ash beat Gary?thus loosing face in front of ash?, he meets Richie, his new love?coincidence!

2. Richie seems pretty **** adamant to get into Ash and co?s elevator. Are we supposed to believe he didn?t have a hidden agenda to get up close to and meet that piece of ***.

3. I have a theory that starter Pokemon are extensions to the trainer?s genital, and Richie seems to rubbing Pikachu the right way (ok, don?t start Pokeprophet LOL).

Those are speculations, and nothing but.

articuno_trumps_all

LeagueShipper,#1Richie-Fan
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 22, 2007
    Well, that is why I love the show so much. Everyone interprets it differently ;). I don?t agree with a lot of your refutes, but you?re entitled to your opinion.

Hey at least one got through.

29. It sound like a love ballad to me. *shrugs*

Richie still loves his *****ie!

Those are speculations, and nothing but.

Blah, blah.

AngelMina

+Im Back+
    Years
    well thats just crossing the line dont ya think- Ash is not gay for what i know . Richie and Ash are best buds ! thats all. ash has no interest in love or whatever ,,
    his thoughts are on pokemon and becoming a pokemon master and collecting badges.
    But ash is not gay ( not trying to be mean, trying to help you cause ur going to make this a big thing) especially with all the may and ash and misty ash lovers

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    ...You're joking..right? Please tell me where you get the meaning "homosexual love interest" from the title RIVAL? They were RIVALS and nothing more. God ****. Can people not like eachother and strive to be better than the other without others assuming they're gay for it? --;

He's trying to sign up and would rather catch the elevator before it goes up without him. Nothing more.

You're demented.

4. We all know Ash is a BIG mama?s boy, and she seems to greatly approve of Richie. And I quote ?Cutie.?
    What the hell does that have to do with ANYTHING?

5. When Ash and Richie meet up the next day, you can totally see that they are into each outer. All the coy glances from both parties.
    That's because they see eachother as GOOD FRIENDS THAT CAN RELATE TO EACHOTHER. Ever hear of that? Guys CAN be friends, yanno.

6. Richie saves Ash?s life, though Ash is not happy about it, but she immediately forgives him because it is Richie, after all. But look very closely where Richie places his hands when he saves Ash. Touchy feely.
    You're looking WAY too into it. e_e;

7. Decide to give up chasing after TR, so they ?set up camp.? I bet many a tent was pitched.
    "Yes, let's spend the night chasing after them and become exhausted during the night looking for them in the dark!" We all knew the Rocket Gang wouldn't go very far. They're idiots. They were better off getting some rest and eating something rather than wear themselves out, searching for them in the dark.

8. The pillow talk, oh the pillow talk.
    Yes because pointing out Pok?mon in stars and talking about wanting to be a Pok?mon Master is sooooo gay. --;

9. The onix in the sky. Now why would they project an onix in the sky.
    Possibly because it's a POK?MON?

10. They fight for dominance in their relationship by trying to outdo each with their dreams for the future. I believe Richie wins, thus becomes the man, because he will be the universe?s greatest Pokemon master.
    That's what being a rival's all about. If you decide to do something, and someone tries to cut in on your act, of course you're going to fight to have that so no one else can. Jesus.

11. A night under the stars together after a fire lit meal; how romantic.
    Yes because canned food, sleeping in sleeping bags while discussing how they can see Pok?mon in the stars is sooo romantic.

12. Ash seems very upset that he will be battling his new love Richie in the 5th round.
    He and Hiroshi share the same dream. He didn't want to have to battle someone who was exactly like him and probably tear that dream from him. It was the first time he'd ever had any kind of major battle with a friend, especially someone who's like him. Nothing lovey dovey about that.

13. Ash and Richie have similar taste in Pokemon, as well as similar interests and dreams, but they have different personality?conditions I?ve always thought make for a good relationship.
    Ever hear that those are also good qualities for a good FRIENDSHIP as well?

14. Ok that scene in which Ash and Richie promise to make their battle the best on of their lives; how cute was that. Richie loves his *****ie.
    They didn't want to hold back on eachother. Neither one wanted to battle badly in fear of making the other lose. How is that "cute?"

15. Notice how when ?Richie? (actually Jessie) called Ash, he immediately went out to meet him, even after Misty/Brock told him not to.
    Hiroshi told him it was something important involving Pikachu. Satoshi HAD to go. e_e

16. Misty is clearly jealous of Richie (i.e. the foot stamp). She senses she has competition for Ash?s heart.
    She stomped on his foot because Satoshi was missing the next day when "Hiroshi" had called him up the night before to meet up with him. It's called "demanding to know where someone is." e_e

17. Richie wont let the match called on account of a forfeit; is it because he?s just a nice guy, or does he love his *****ie.
    Because he's a nice guy. He and Satoshi made a promise to battle at their best and didn't want to just win so easily.

18. Though he is happy that he won the battle, Richie is very upset to see Ash take the loss so hard; though the loss probably didn?t bother him so much as the fact Charizard didn?t listen to him. In any result, Richie is very concerned about Ash.
    Because his new friend ended up losing on the account of a disobediant Pok?mon and had been stripped of his dreams. Duh.

19. Ash visits Richie in the locker room before his next battle; nuff said.
    God forbid friends give eachother a peptalk.

20. Ash is so sad to see Richie loss to Assumpta (hobag). Now Richie doesn?t loose face because he has already asserted his dominance over Ash.
    Satoshi was being a crybaby over it. Hiroshi was clearly more mature about his own loss.

21. The scene that Richie beat Ash, while gagged with a pokeball ball-gag, with a cat of nine tails. Wait, did I imagine that?
    Yes you did. --;

The real 21. Richie and Ash share another romantic scene next to a lake.
    Yes, promising to become better and a stronger trainer really is romantic. e_e

22. There is a theory in which when trainers are in love, their Pokemon fall in love. Well in the lake scene, sparkie and Pikachu are clearly making out. Love frolic if I?ve ever saw one. Sparkie and Pikachu are just projecting what Ash and Richie are feeling.
    Their Pok?mon became friends, too you dunce.

23. Oh some manga ones. Ash and Richie talk about their upcoming match. Richie says he is going to be nervous, but then ?the tension makes him come alive.? Ash relies ?I know what you mean.? What kind of tension are we talking about, ah sexual.
    Obviously you haven't any idea what the hell you're talking about. Tension doesn't only refer to sex, you nitwit. --;

24. Ash concedes the match when both of their Charizards are about to kill each other. Ash couldn?t let Richie?s Pokemon get hurt because he loves him.
    He couldn't let Hiroshi's Pok?mon DIE because that was just too much. Would YOU let your Pok?mon go ahead and kill another person's Pok?mon in an important league?

25. The SUNSET scene. If this doesn?t show how romantic their love is, I don?t know what does.
    Please do explain. Because seriously..sunsets do NOT only mean romance.

26. The two blinking stars.
    Suprise suprise, stars twinkle. Ever hear of that ol' nursery rhyme?

27. Richie goes to dinner with Ash & co; one last date before they part ways.
    Free meal. Would you pass one up?

28. Ash chooses to match with Richie; just friends or lovas. Ok, that one isn?t very good.
    ..What?

29. Again, another romantic scene. They are the only two ones in the stadium. They say goodbye as a love ballad plays.
    Clearly you don't understand the concept of love. Saying goodbye does not mean ANYTHING lovey dovey, ****it.

30. Oh, yeah. Ash seems extra motivated to get back to the league after he was kidnapped. Just his need to compete; no, I believe he says something about his promise to Richie.
    Yes because we all know Satoshi would rather lose his chance at getting to his match if only Hiroshi weren't there. Real friggen smart.

31. Richie just happens to meet up with Ash at the whirl islands. Are we supposed to believe that was a coincidence? I think they made plans to meet for some sexage.
    It's called "bringing back a character so they don't end up being just an ordinary one time only character." Most shows do this. :)

32. The coy smiles and glances from both parties when they see each other again.
    No. Just..no.

33. Lugia is obviously trying to play match maker; it appear to both of them bringing them to the same location (if you don?t buy #31).
    ...Lugia had absolutely nothing to do with it. The scriptwriters did. Read 31's explanation.

34. Are we supposed to believe there wasn?t some sort of fun going on when they changed into their scuba gear.
    Oh yes, because we all know they have plenty of time to fondle eachother. e_e

35. Ash looks particularly concerned when he sees Richie unconscious. At the very least, he stays by Richie?s side instead of checking on Misty or Brock.
    Because he knows the other two can manage themselves. He's been with them longer than he has with Hiroshi.

36. Ash and Richie part ways in another typical romantic goodbye scene.
    Again. Saying goodbye to a friend is not romantic.

37. Ash babies his Lavitar more than any other Pokemon he has ever had. Could it be that it reminds him of Richie?s Pupitar.
    ...It's because it's a BABY, you twit. It didn't like the outside world and would only trust Satoshi.

38. Richie goes to Professor Oak?s lab in Pallet; he was obviously trying to find his *****ie.
    God forbid Hiroshi goes to a well known Professor's lab on his own intentions.

39. At the end of the same episode, Richie states his intention of meeting up with Ash again in Hoenn.
    Okay. Where's you point? Can friends not meet up with eachother after not having seen eachother in a long time?

40. Richie shows us how much he lives to play matchmaker in the Celebi episode. If he likes to be a matchmaker, why wouldn?t he set up Misty and Ash if it wasn?t for the fact he is hot for Ash and that he knows/thinks Ash is a MO.
    Because Saotshi and Kasumi have NOTHING for eachother. Satoshi is DENSE in love. Period. He has no reasons to bother with it.

41. In the Moltres episode, he says how much Silver?one of his guys on the side?reminds him of Ash. He?s seeing Ash everywhere!
    Silver's personality reminded him of Satoshi. Big deal. How is that "seeing him everywhere?"

Seriously, you absolutely have no idea wtf you're talking about and are clearly looking too much into it. :| You need to just..stop right there.

Years
    Wow. Longest post I've seen from you, Elite Trainer Raven. (of course, most of it are quotes...)

But do you really have to shoot down somebody's post that much? That just seems harsh.

*I still believe there's something going on between Misty and Ash. (not the other way around, of course.) Of course, I'll have to wait and see the next series to say otherwise. Even then, I'll still believe in it!

Oh, and future readers, don't post here anymore! Go post in the official sticky!

obelisk-kun

GO HINATA KICK NEJI'S ASS!!!!!
    Years
    elite trainer raven is correct besides that i think ash and misty are ment to be.articuno trumps all is incorrect case closed ash and misty all the way ash and richie are just best freinds anyway

Last edited:

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    I hope you all know not to person bash! Pokedude55 please edit your post imedinently
    before you have your O.O hung.

If you must fight over these things Pm usually keeps the hassle.*Cools down*

Salamence God

Ultimate Pokémon Master
    Years
    punkhobbitqueen said:
    OMG no, no, no. like some of the others said Ash is just nice and is friendly to everyone. Ash and Richie are only close friends and nothing more. besides would they really have a gay relationship on a 7 and up rated show?
    your right ash and richie are only just close friends its a kids show and ash and gary are enemies to! you are really wrong about this articuno you don't know what your talking about so drop it!>:(

Years
    I agree with the others who have said that Ash doesn't belong to anyone in the Anime. The reason is the nature of the show pretty much prevents any relationships from developing because it's a kids show - now more than ever. It avoids anything really "deep" like romantic relationships and everything is pretty much presented on a superficial level. They hint at it, sure, especially with Misty's feelings towards Ash, but they never go any further than "hinting". They probably won't even in the final episode.

I think if you are a supporter of a particular ship, like say Pokeshipping, Leagueshipping, or Rocketshipping, for example, you're going to put everything under a microscope when the two characters are involved, and "look" for any little thing that could possibly suggest or provide justification for your position. A lot of times, because a person is partial to a particular ship, their view isn't going to be "clear" because they want to see what they believe to be a possibility. When it comes to shippings in Pokemon, I think a lot of people look so hard for "clues" or "hints" that they often take any scene that could qualify as evidence and then try and link it to other "evidence" while throwing in some exaggeration and personal opinion.

I guess what I'm trying to say is people see/hear what they want to see/hear. A supporter of Ash & May might watch a certain scene (such as when Ash comes to the rescue of May in the episode May catches a Bulbasaur or in the episode they spend almost 20 minutes bickering) and see "hints" of potential feelings in how they act towards each other, where as a non-supporter might just say it's what friends do. Another example could be for supporters of Ash & Gary, when Gary gives Ash the other half of the pokeball from their childhood and they hold hands briefly under the moonlight near the lake. Supporters of that ship are going to say it has "romantic undertones" to it, while non-supporters are going to say it's just a sign of them becoming friends. One final example could be the episode Ash catches Tailow, in which we see Ash still carries with him the cloth Misty gave him in "Gotta Catch Ya Later". Supporters of Ash & Misty might point to it as evidence that Ash wanted to always have with him something of Misty's, while non-supporters might say it's just a symbol of their friendship. So as you can see, it all depends on your preference/perspective.

I don't think there is anything wrong with supporting a certain 'ship and sharing your thoughts as to potential evidence as long as you realize someone else could interpret your evidence in an entirely different way. Always be open to what others have to say, because when it comes to shippings in Pokemon, there is very little factual evidence! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back