• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Brock does leave fifth Generation: will you be happy?

Will you be happy?

• Yes

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • No

Votes: 78 54.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 35 24.5%

• Total voters

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I was sad when Misty left the series. I'll be even sadder if Brock leaves, as then only Ash will remain (they can't replace him, now can they...). What's with all the random switching anyway? Couldn't they just stick to the original trio? =/

Well, its not like the original group will ever return any ways.
    If Brock leaves it will be brand new pretty much.
    I heard spoilers of him having a dream of some sort, thus having people think he's going leave. Switching=Good some times. Imagine Ash with fifth Generation Boy and Girl, I think it'd be pretty cool. Course this is just my opinion. I hope they give the fifth Genration boy a lot of personality along with generation girl. Than, will have the rivals to worry about too. Than oldies characters returning still so it won't be so bad.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 22, 2013
    I think it would be interesting if they had a different hero than Ash. Perhaps he could be a side character, or perhaps if some think Gen 5 is in the future, it could be an older Ash.

I would prefer if they kept Brock though. And introduce a better female sidekick. I don't really like May, Dawn, or Lyra in the anime.

cerulean15

♫Mysterious Melody♪
    Years
  • I'd be a tad disappointed if Brock was to leave. I mean yes, I was very sad when Misty left, but I'm still waiting on her guest appearances so I'm sure I can do the same for him. Especially his new voice..it makes him sound older and wiser, yet I do miss the old one as well. It would be interesting to see that the new trainer in the new region would be a male instead though. Its getting kind of lame with it always being a girl and the boy we always see in the games hardly ever has an appearance except for like a 2 to 5 second clip in the beginning of a movie. So thats something for me to look forward too :)

Celest8

Lance/Wataru's Stalker
    Years
  • I voted "maybe". I'm not saying that I want Brock to leave, because in all honesty, I don't, but who knows? Maybe if a more interesting male sidekick was introduced, the show would get a little of it's hype back. The only thing is, I'm so used to Brock pretty much being the comic relief, that it'll kinda annoy me if another character tried to convey that in the same manner.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • I want them all to leave. And the start fresh with a new trainer. Plenty of other animes make new seasons with different characters

ShadowElliot

Wooper
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    Brock has been in the anime since the beginning, except with the replacement with Tracey for Orange Islands.
    If he leaves, then there will be no one to see getting pulled away when flirting with girls ~_~.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Brock has been in the anime since the beginning, except with the replacement with Tracey for Orange Islands.
    If he leaves, then there will be no one to see getting pulled away when flirting with girls ~_~.

Some people would say that's a good thingXD

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    they need to get of brock. they havent done anything for him since bonsley evolved. i say get rid of him and bring back may or misty and the gen5 boy character as the 3rd member. so then two people go for badges.

lucariojon

{Ruff Rabbit}
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    they need to get of brock. they havent done anything for him since bonsley evolved. i say get rid of him and bring back may or misty and the gen5 boy character as the 3rd member. so then two people go for badges.

That would be cool =D
    I wonder if Brock's crogaunk will evolve maybe?
    Personally, I would be happy. Hes been in almost every Anime episode =/

trid

Pokemon God
    Years
  • i want may and misty to come back and have a love triangle over ash >:l

but, Brock's been there from the start. He's as important as Pikachu or Ash, so I wouldn't want him gone

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Well I probably won't mind. If he needs to go, he needs to. But he has been there since the beginning and he is like the cook of the group. If he leaves, I wonder how Ash will be able to survive without his cooking. Maybe a new member that joins might have the same characteristics as Brock...I don't know.

It is time for him to go, I won't be sad about it. Yeah he was great and all, but it is time for him to move on.

Chibi Buizel

Where the heck is the airport?
    Years
  • About time. He was fun having around for a while, but now it feels like he's just a comedy relief character now. No role in the plot.

*FFF I accidently picked Yes in the poll*

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    look at it this way he'll have apperances like may and misty did. i would like to see misty back more than may. and i would really to see the male from gen5 to complete the group because its always been the girl. plus misty was funny

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    If brock wants to continue his dream and he feels that he needs to leave the group, then let him..

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Well I probably won't mind. If he needs to go, he needs to. But he has been there since the beginning and he is like the cook of the group. If he leaves, I wonder how Ash will be able to survive without his cooking. Maybe a new member that joins might have the same characteristics as Brock...I don't know.

It is time for him to go, I won't be sad about it. Yeah he was great and all, but it is time for him to move on.

Well Ash would have to gain character developement.
    Brock could teach Ash how to make food and learn.
    Ash is going to have to learn this some time.
    Can't always depend on other people to do things for him.
    Maybe next Generation he can be the mentor to the other kids.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • That would be cool =D
    I wonder if Brock's crogaunk will evolve maybe?
    Personally, I would be happy. Hes been in almost every Anime episode =/
    Brock's Croagunk has a rash disliking to its evolution. It is seen when Team Galactic's Commander, Saturn and his Toxicroak is around. So, I really don't see Brock's Croagunk going for the next stage. Possibly Happiny could evolve, but this time around Brock doesn't really have a formative team like before. He's really been ignored these past few seasons. If he were to leave, then it'll be sad, but if I'm honest, it'll probably be for the best. As long as someone more involved in the anime takes his place, then that's all that matters.

I was thinking though; what if Brock's new interest is as a Pokémon Center Doctor of the sorts in which he accompanies a Nurse Joy for help. With Happiny, it could work, but that's just a thought. Then, if Brock were to make his cameo appearance in the next arc, he could have a Chancey by then.

Back