• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Lugia is the guardian of the sea what is Kyogre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Simple, Kyogre isn't a guardian of anything whatsoever. Acording to Hoenn mythology (As can be learned in the R/S/E games) Kyogre was the creator of seas, but even that seems kind of dubious to me. Nyah, anyway, he/she/it is basically just a big troublemaker who likes to pick fights with Groudon. =P

pokemaster7

Is my Penguin army ready yet?
    Years
    adeebsworld said:
    Yup Kyogre's the guardian of the mud puddle
    Never Ever mock Kyogre(ever..) Lugia is considerd the "beast of the sea" and the "Guardian of the sea." While Kyogre(I love kyogre!) has a few nicknames, "spirit of the sea" and the "Lord of the sea" aswell as the "Creator of the sea." Kyogre is not a gaudian, but a sort of ruler.

Years
    He's considered Creator of The Sea! But it's in different Regions kind of, so they probaly have different legends and such, of who rules the sea etc.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    lugia= gaurdian of sea
    kyogre= creator of sea
    manafi= king of sea (controls all water pokemon including lugia and kyogre)

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I'd say Lugia was born before Kyogre. And they made the legend of Lugia before Kyogre's one.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Pokedex entry:
    Goldeen (Leaf Green)
    Its tail fin billows like an elegant ballroom dress, giving it the nickname of "The Water Queen."

Goldeen is Queen of the Waters.

pokemaster7

Years
    Lugia couldn't be born before kyogre. because Kyogre created the sea during the battle of Kyogre and Groundon.Manaphy couldn't be a ruler of the sea since, according o the ninth movie, he was recently born! How could it rule the sea before it's birth? Kyogre must be the ruler since he was the only water type when the sea was created. If Kyogre has the power to create the sea, should'nt he rule it with complete maniulation.Besids how can manaphy leagily be th ruler, if Kyogre Created it, also is'nt the "lord of the sea" supposed to outpower the"prince of the sea"? Kyogre bestowed lugia the title of gaurdiun of the sea, aswell as Kyogre granted Manaphy to be his subsevent.

Kyogre:Creator/Lord of the sea
    Manaphy:prince/subservent of Kyogre
    Lugia:Guadiun/protector of the sea
    note:goldeens named the water Queen because of it's expert swmming style.

Last edited:

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Lugia couldn't be born before kyogre. because Kyogre created the sea during the battle of Kyogre and Groundon.Manaphy couldn't be a ruler of the sea since, according o the ninth movie, he was recently born! How could it rule the sea before it's birth? Kyogre must be the ruler since he was the only water type when the sea was created. If Kyogre has the power to create the sea, should'nt he rule it with complete maniulation.Besids how can manaphy leagily be th ruler, if Kyogre Created it, also is'nt the "lord of the sea" supposed to outpower the"prince of the sea"? Kyogre bestowed lugia the title of gaurdiun of the sea, aswell as Kyogre granted Manaphy to be his subsevent.

Kyogre:Creator/Lord of the sea
    Manaphy:prince/subservent of Kyogre
    Lugia:Guadiun/protector of the sea
    note:goldeens named the water Queen because of it's expert swmming style.
    Your spelling scares me. ;-; Anyway... on topic:

Kyogre is the creator of the sea and Lugia is the guardian of the sea, there's nothing more to say about it.

And Pokémaster7, how the heck do you expect Kyogre to be able to rule the sea if it has been sleeping for thousands of years? Perhaps Manaphy isn't the only of its kind and one (Or both.) of its parents is the ruler of the sea, that would explain the title ''Prince of the sea'' given to Manaphy. And don't start with that ''Kyogre is Manaphy's parent'' stuff again, because you have absolutely no evidence whatosever to prove it.

code zerro the deluge

I'm a boss.
    Years
    ohsnap07960 said:
    lugia= gaurdian of sea
    kyogre= creator of sea
    manafi= king of sea (controls all water pokemon including lugia and kyogre)

Lugia isn't a water pokemon. It's Psy/Flying. Manafi is not the king of the sea it's a baby. but then again King Tut was like 8 when he became king so heh?

pokemaster7

Years
    code zerro the deluge said:
    Lugia isn't a water pokemon. It's Psy/Flying. Manafi is not the king of the sea it's a baby. but then again King Tut was like 8 when he became king so heh?
    Lugia is not a water type, although it lives in the water and can learn a variety of water type moves. Manaphy could'nt be king considering he was just born(Like you said)? Kyogre must rule the sea considering he was the only water type at the creation of the sea. (how could there be water types before the ocean). Manaphy dose not play a major role in the ocean besides it is a subservient of kyogre.
    Your spelling scares me. ;-; Anyway... on topic:

Kyogre is the creator of the sea and Lugia is the guardian of the sea, there's nothing more to say about it.

And Pokémaster7, how the heck do you expect Kyogre to be able to rule the sea if it has been sleeping for thousands of years? Perhaps Manaphy isn't the only of its kind and one (Or both.) of its parents is the ruler of the sea, that would explain the title ''Prince of the sea'' given to Manaphy. And don't start with that ''Kyogre is Manaphy's parent'' stuff again, because you have absolutely no evidence whatosever to prove it.
    I don't reveiw my spelling(sorry) i'll take this step by step. Kyogre has manipulation of the sea, although not necessarily it's pokemon. During it's sleep kyogre did not use the sea for anything. Although manaphy may not be a relative of Kyogre. An egg appearing out of no where? I said Kyogre is might be the parent of manaphy because it is the most likely water pokemon to bear manaphy as a child.(all pokemon must come somewhere. Even Kyogre, although it it probobly is mew.) If manaphy isn't related to kyogre then it must be Kyogre's "Subservent."
    oftopic random note: my 100th post.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    uhhh... have you seen the movie poemaster??
    if you havent i suggest you see it and THEN tell us what is the truth

52!

Silver Isle.. JOIN IT
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2006
    yeah. he protects the sea that kyorgre created. thats right. but i still like guardien of the mud puddle

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    pokemaster7 said:
    Lugia is not a water type, although it lives in the water and can learn a variety of water type moves. Manaphy could'nt be king considering he was just born(Like you said)? Kyogre must rule the sea considering he was the only water type at the creation of the sea. (how could there be water types before the ocean). Manaphy dose not play a major role in the ocean besides it is a subservient of kyogre.

I don't reveiw my spelling(sorry) i'll take this step by step. Kyogre has manipulation of the sea, although not necessarily it's pokemon. During it's sleep kyogre did not use the sea for anything. Although manaphy may not be a relative of Kyogre. An egg appearing out of no where? I said Kyogre is might be the parent of manaphy because it is the most likely water pokemon to bear manaphy as a child.(all pokemon must come somewhere. Even Kyogre, although it it probobly is mew.) If manaphy isn't related to kyogre then it must be Kyogre's "Subservent."
    oftopic random note: my 100th post.
    I didn't say an egg appeared out of nowhere. <.< If you would have bothered actually reading my post, you would have seen this:
    Perhaps Manaphy isn't the only of its kind and one (Or both.) of its parents is the ruler of the sea, that would explain the title ''Prince of the sea'' given to Manaphy.
    And you still haven't explained how Kyogre was able to rule the sea when it was asleep. You could at least provide me with some evidence if you want me to believe your stories. <.< Oh, and Pokémon Emerald's Pokédex says:
    Kyogre has appeared in mythology as the creator of the sea. After long years of feuding with Groudon, it took to sleep at the bottom of the sea.
    Now, where does it mention anything about Kyogre being a ruler of anything?

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    well kyogre rules the sea because it made it and it's bigger, older and stonger than manephy and lugia
    ''Manephy''... I have never heard of a Pokémon like that. Anyway, on topic again: Why does everyone seem to ignore the sentence
    Perhaps Manaphy isn't the only of its kind and one (Or both.) of its parents is the ruler of the sea, that would explain the title ''Prince of the sea'' given to Manaphy.
    And the fact that Kyogre made it proves nothing. Everyone needs a slice of the cake, don't they? And what if Manaphy's parents were born at the same time Kyogre was?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back