• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Pokemon existed would we still remain the dominant species?!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well I see raccoons that I think are cute at night, doesn't mean I go hug them because I know they're dangerous creatures and could hurt me badly. I think if Pokemon suddenly existed scientists would capture weaker ones using traditional means, study them, and end up with enough technology to subdue them.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
    Years
  • Gyarados wouldn't be 6.5m long.That's too short for him.If you even see him in the anime he seems way larger(in an episode where some gyarados create a water tornado by spinning around).Also Rhyperior roughly over 2m?Really?Tyranitar about 2m as well?Mamoswine 2m also?

The anime is known to have huge amounts on continuity errors when compared with the games, and I've learnt to believe the information found in the games rather than that of the anime. Gyarados is a long Pokemon, but he's not world-destroyer, slayer-of-continents big. He is a lot more like an anaconda with a little inspiration from Chinese dragons thrown in for good measure.

Rhyperior, Tyranitar and Mamoswine are about two metres tall in the anime. Ash started out ten years old, and even though there's been little to no mention of his age since the begining, it's probably only been a few years from there to the Black/White series of the anime. He's not fully grown yet, remember. Everything seems a lot bigger when you think of Ash as an average sized character. The average Pokemon isn't that much bigger than an ordinary animal, really.

Well I don't think so.It would be just too intimidating for children to see a thing several times the size of Ash.That's why.

This just contradicts everything you just said.

Originally you said that the Pokemon in the anime are much larger than they are in the games, and now you're saying that they're smaller because it would be too "intimidating" to see something far larger than Ash, of which most Pokemon are in the anime.

I agree 100% with you.Pokemon wouldn't have the ambition and the intelligence to govern and dominate.So we would dominate.But we would live in a world way way way more dangerous than this one.In this world you are afraid of a lion because it can devour you.In that world you would be afraid of a lion since it could not only devour but electrocute you as well(luxray).

Except for the fact that lions rarely attack humans unless they feel provoked or are desperately hungry.

Same for most animals in fact. And then you've got to consider the fact that Pokemon are remarkably tame creatures compared to Earth animals, not to mention more intelligent and gifted with much more sophisticated powers of higher thinking much like humans. As I said, only those who are naturally violent and territorial would pose a true threat, and we would learn to stay away from them.

Last edited:

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
  • at first, I didn't know about this thread..... yes, Pokémon can use attacks..... but, the game and Anime... you don't see Pokémon hurting humans for no reason.... same with animals in the real world... you would need to upset them for them to attack.... and if Pokémon did exist.... we definitely would have thought of a way to defend against them... we are not defenseless.... just like in the real world humans can train wild animals, I am pretty sure we could do the same for Pokémon.... so, yes, we would still be....

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Well I see raccoons that I think are cute at night, doesn't mean I go hug them because I know they're dangerous creatures and could hurt me badly. I think if Pokemon suddenly existed scientists would capture weaker ones using traditional means, study them, and end up with enough technology to subdue them.

Okay first of all I didn't actually mean that you would actually hug it.I actually meant that if you provoked it then it would actually attack you and hurt you or even kill you(yay for 'actually' overuse :D )
    And if a raccoon is dangerous then just think of zigzagoon which is pretty much the same but it can use some more powerful attacks as well such as Pin Missile.So you fear a raccoon cause it is dangerous so imagine provoking Zigzagoon, a pkmn considered weak.And then again,as I mentioned before,imagine provoking Vaporeon.I don't say that they would go like 'arghhh now you gonna see what imma do to you'.They would probably try to escape,except if you were pulling it too far or they were aggressive by nature.And even if a scientist tried to capture a small,weak Pokemon(I can't actually think of one that can't defend itself well enough except from some small ones like iggly and cleffa) then what would they do?Even if they examined and killed it(which they should since it would try to attack to get free so it would be dangerous)..Then what would they do to 'subdue' them?Order Cleffa to attack(considering they wouldn't even know how to evolve it etc) other Pokemon?(it wouldn't listen and even if it did then big deal)...

The anime is known to have huge amounts on continuity errors when compared with the games, and I've learnt to believe the information found in the games rather than that of the anime. Gyarados is a long Pokemon, but he's not world-destroyer, slayer-of-continents big. He is a lot more like an anaconda with a little inspiration from Chinese dragons thrown in for good measure.

Rhyperior, Tyranitar and Mamoswine are about two metres tall in the anime. Ash started out ten years old, and even though there's been little to no mention of his age since the begining, it's probably only been a few years from there to the Black/White series of the anime. He's not fully grown yet, remember. Everything seems a lot bigger when you think of Ash as an average sized character. The average Pokemon isn't that much bigger than an ordinary animal, really.

There are even other threads etc in this or in other forums discussing how short Pokemon are made.A tyranitar.This thing is based on Godzilla.You expect it to be huge.And then it turns out to be slightly taller than your neighbor.Mamoswine is a mammoth.These things were huge.But this one turns out to be roughly the height of your dad.Well that's the problem.They don't make Pokemon the size they should be.Now if mamoswine was at least 3-4 meters and tyranitar the same it would be much better.

This just contradicts everything you just said.

Originally you said that the Pokemon in the anime are much larger than they are in the games, and now you're saying that they're smaller because it would be too "intimidating" to see something far larger than Ash, of which most Pokemon are in the anime

I actually meant that it would be intimidating for them to see huge monsters surrounding everyone.Watching a huge gyarados is acceptable.But every pokemon being huge,then it would start being a bit scary.Thats probably why they make every Pokemon so small and utterly cute(most of them).

Except for the fact that lions rarely attack humans unless they feel provoked or are desperately hungry.

Same for most animals in fact. And then you've got to consider the fact that Pokemon are remarkably tame creatures compared to Earth animals, not to mention more intelligent and gifted with much more sophisticated powers of higher thinking much like humans. As I said, only those who are naturally violent and territorial would pose a true threat, and we would learn to stay away from them.

I didn't mean pkmn would attack like that.I actually agree with everything you said here since thats what I was trying to get across.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Okay first of all I didn't actually mean that you would actually hug it.I actually meant that if you provoked it then it would actually attack you and hurt you or even kill you(yay for 'actually' overuse :D )
    And if a raccoon is dangerous then just think of zigzagoon which is pretty much the same but it can use some more powerful attacks as well such as Pin Missile.So you fear a raccoon cause it is dangerous so imagine provoking Zigzagoon, a pkmn considered weak.And then again,as I mentioned before,imagine provoking Vaporeon.I don't say that they would go like 'arghhh now you gonna see what imma do to you'.They would probably try to escape,except if you were pulling it too far or they were aggressive by nature.And even if a scientist tried to capture a small,weak Pokemon(I can't actually think of one that can't defend itself well enough except from some small ones like iggly and cleffa) then what would they do?Even if they examined and killed it(which they should since it would try to attack to get free so it would be dangerous)..Then what would they do to 'subdue' them?Order Cleffa to attack(considering they wouldn't even know how to evolve it etc) other Pokemon?(it wouldn't listen and even if it did then big deal)...

But only dumb humans would provoke it, is my point. So it shouldn't be a problem. I don't have a problem with raccoons as long as I leave them alone, so there's no reason why I would have any problems with a Zigzagoon.

All Caterpie learns is Bug Bite at level 15, which most Caterpie don't reach in the wild. It would be very easily capturable. All of Geodude's attacks rely on its ability to make contact with the enemy, which can easily be avoided with larger containment facilities, not Poke Balls but something that just holds it. There's Magikarp. There's Eevee, which doesn't learn much of anything because it's just a placeholder until you evolve it. And these are all just from Generation 1! Any of these could be captured with technology we have today and studied, so scientists would learn the tricks of Pokemon and create technology to outsmart them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Toujours, what you say is that we could capture some Pokemon and DEVELOP the right technology to subdue them.But technology isn't developed overnight.It needs a lot of time to at first think about it,put it down to concepts and then design it and even then test if it works.If we talk about humans and Pokemon living together then yes even after 5 years,we could make that technology and subdue pkmn but what if they just invaded?Or started attacking us for no reason.We wouldn't have time to do it since we would be destroyed in some days.
    Also,caterpie learns bug bite.Caterpie is probably the only Pokemon we could capture without the risk of dying since it only learns bug bite,and even then it must make contact.But string shot?It is thick and sticky and it traps you.One alone would find it somewhat difficult to capture it since it would tie him up with strings.
    Magikarp.Are you serious about it?Magikarp shouldn't even be a pokemon.It doesn't have any powers to be considered a Pokemon.Even a real life kitten kills it.
    Eevee?Rattata?Igglybuff?Probably Cleffa and Happiny?Yeah.They would be quite easy to capture.But all of them are normal types and they are small,tiny to be exact.A tepig is also tiny but an ember would ensure some medical attention.A flamethrower,if not instantly put out,wouldn't just lead to a black face.
    All pokemon can defend themselves.Even the ones listed could use Protect to protect themselves and try to escape.
    And Geodude?No.He would beat us to death.He doesn't need to make contact,as in punching to kill us.He can use a variety of moves.Rock throw,rock blast,stone edge,earthquake etc all by leveling up.A stone edge would certainly kill us while a rock throw or rock blast would most likely break some bones.

Even a small,tiny shellos.It's small and seems weak.It's a f..cking slow sea slug afterall.But a 3m wave(surf) would probably be enough to drown us or at least sweep us away.Mud bomb would break some bones if not kill by blunt trauma.Need I go on?

I hope you get me.And a last question.How would they learn everything about Pokemon,if they captured an igglybuff?

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Toujours, what you say is that we could capture some Pokemon and DEVELOP the right technology to subdue them.But technology isn't developed overnight.It needs a lot of time to at first think about it,put it down to concepts and then design it and even then test if it works.If we talk about humans and Pokemon living together then yes even after 5 years,we could make that technology and subdue pkmn but what if they just invaded?Or started attacking us for no reason.We wouldn't have time to do it since we would be destroyed in some days.

Refer to justinrpg's post. Pokemon have no reason to just attack us.

Also,caterpie learns bug bite.Caterpie is probably the only Pokemon we could capture without the risk of dying since it only learns bug bite,and even then it must make contact.But string shot?It is thick and sticky and it traps you.One alone would find it somewhat difficult to capture it since it would tie him up with strings.

Humans are smart. Caterpie could use String Shot on a dummy that they thought was a person while someone else sneaks up and captures it. We've captured and subdued horses and buffalo and cows, and some people have even tamed aggressive animals such as alligators. We have the collective smarts to capture a Caterpie.

Magikarp.Are you serious about it?Magikarp shouldn't even be a pokemon.It doesn't have any powers to be considered a Pokemon.Even a real life kitten kills it.

But it is a Pokemon. So therefore your theory that we couldn't catch any of them is false.

Eevee?Rattata?Igglybuff?Probably Cleffa and Happiny?Yeah.They would be quite easy to capture.But all of them are normal types and they are small,tiny to be exact.A tepig is also tiny but an ember would ensure some medical attention.A flamethrower,if not instantly put out,wouldn't just lead to a black face.

Irrelevant to the point.

All pokemon can defend themselves.Even the ones listed could use Protect to protect themselves and try to escape.

If Poke Balls and such didn't come through this imaginary vortex, then TMs didn't, so first of all none of these Pokemon as far as I know learn Protect outside of TMs. And even if they could, Protect has a higher chance of failing the more they use it so it would be rather easy to surround them and just keep trying until a Protect fails.

And Geodude?No.He would beat us to death.He doesn't need to make contact,as in punching to kill us.He can use a variety of moves.Rock throw,rock blast,stone edge,earthquake etc all by leveling up.A stone edge would certainly kill us while a rock throw or rock blast would most likely break some bones.

Those are all physical, as in they involve physical contact with the user. So if it was captured, maybe while asleep (Geodude have been shown to not notice people even sitting on it unless provoked), and then put them in a place where there's a thick wall between them and Geodude. The only one there that has a chance of harming is Earthquake, which would be incredibly uncommon for a Geodude to have because they evolve over 10 levels before they learn it so it would have to be a very rare Geodude that is that high level without evolving.

Even a small,tiny shellos.It's small and seems weak.It's a slow sea slug afterall.But a 3m wave(surf) would probably be enough to drown us or at least sweep us away.Mud bomb would break some bones if not kill by blunt trauma.Need I go on?

Shellos have no reason to attack us. I didn't say all Pokemon were able to be captured using conventional means.

I hope you get me.And a last question.How would they learn everything about Pokemon,if they captured an igglybuff?

They would study how Pokemon evolve and interact with humans and possibly other Pokemon. They would study the science of moves such as Sing, which logically shouldn't work but in this alternate reality do. Using that, they could make a machine that uses that move on its own, and then put Pokemon to sleep, which would make it easy to capture them. Then they do the same with stronger Pokemon, learn all their secrets and how to combat them. I doubt it would end in Poke Ball clones, but it would probably more likely end in a robot, wavelength, whatever that subdues the 'magical' aspects of Pokemon and make them normal enough if they ever try to get near a city or cause damage.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Refer to justinrpg's post. Pokemon have no reason to just attack us.
    Well they wouldn't have a reason to attack us.You are right.But I just refer to my other threads were Pokemon get controlled by an evil spirit and they want to attack and destroy us.Not logical but my point is that we would only be able to study them if they were calm and didn't do anything to resist subjection.

Humans are smart. Caterpie could use String Shot on a dummy that they thought was a person while someone else sneaks up and captures it. We've captured and subdued horses and buffalo and cows, and some people have even tamed aggressive animals such as alligators. We have the collective smarts to capture a Caterpie.
    Okay you are right here :) But Caterpie was just a small example to make you understand that Pokemon wouldn't be harmless or as easy to capture as animals.Even a caterpie would demand at least 2 persons to capture it.

But it is a Pokemon. So therefore your theory that we couldn't catch any of them is false.
    Did I actually say that we couldn't catch any Pokemon?If I did then sorry my fault.We could capture some Pokemon but only those weak one.And Magikarp.There is probably nothing they can find from studying a magikarp cause it is just like studying a real fish.No powers at all.Just flail and tackle.They would study how it can evolve but I really don't know how it would help them.Would they evolve it?Probably not.

Irrelevant to the point.
    Don't know why it is irrelevant but whatever.

Those are all physical, as in they involve physical contact with the user. So if it was captured, maybe while asleep (Geodude have been shown to not notice people even sitting on it unless provoked), and then put them in a place where there's a thick wall between them and Geodude. The only one there that has a chance of harming is Earthquake, which would be incredibly uncommon for a Geodude to have because they evolve over 10 levels before they learn it so it would have to be a very rare Geodude that is that high level without evolving.
    First of all it is not necessary to make contact to use rock throw.It is Rock THROW.Or any of these moves listed.About the thick wall now.You are right.Only Earthquake could do damage if a wall was there or if it used explosion but it would already evolve into geodude or golem by that time.

Shellos have no reason to attack us. I didn't say all Pokemon were able to be captured using conventional means.
    You consider Shellos more dangerous than Geodude here or is it my imagination?And go attempt to catch it and see if it has a reason not to attack.

They would study how Pokemon evolve and interact with humans and possibly other Pokemon. They would study the science of moves such as Sing, which logically shouldn't work but in this alternate reality do. Using that, they could make a machine that uses that move on its own, and then put Pokemon to sleep, which would make it easy to capture them. Then they do the same with stronger Pokemon, learn all their secrets and how to combat them. I doubt it would end in Poke Ball clones, but it would probably more likely end in a robot, wavelength, whatever that subdues the 'magical' aspects of Pokemon and make them normal enough if they ever try to get near a city or cause damage

I don't see a way in which scientists would make machines that would be able to use Pokemon attacks.Sing?The only Pokemon that can learn Sing by level up and are weak enough to be captured are Igglybuff,Cleffa and Skitty.Pretty easy to capture.But even then how would they do that?Cleffa are also very rare while Igglybuff are also somewhat rare.Cleffa can also learn Metronome so if they were lucky enough they would perform a deadly attack which is not hard to do since most of the attack,like about 95%,is damaging and useful.Even if it managed to perform just a smokescreen,it could manage to flee.Anyway, to get things straight,these Pokemon can learn Sing right?Why not use Sing when those people try to capture them?And they wouldn't be prepared since they wouldn't know nothing about each Pokemon's defensive tactics.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    OreoMaster, you are literally twisting the situation until it's so bogged down with your specific technicalities that no one has any choice but to agree with you. They say Pokemon are peaceful? Pretend these Pokemon have been possessed by evil attacking spirits! They say we would have Poke Balls? Pretend these Pokemon just came over with no technology whatsoever! Stop changing the situation into whatever you want to make your point right just because people disagree.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    He wouldn't stop twisting his argument until every opposition agree with him.
    Learn sing by level up? and yet you always use word 'real life' or 'realistically'.
    You should start a fan fiction instead, OreoMaster.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    No I am not twisting the situations.Come on the only thing I did was to ask how scientists would manage to study pkmn, and I also said that Pokemon wouldn't be so easy to capture.

Years
  • Ya know, if you read some of these Pokedex descriptions, it's an absolute marvel that there is any human civilization at all.

Pokemon is a scary world.

Sensui

Ascend
    Years
  • Well, not thinking too deeply here or anything, but like how animals have unique abilities, humans are creation. Once something is discovered it's developed at amazing speed. So in that sense, it'd take a while but humans might be able to develop tools to stay on top.

I wouldn't care if Pokemon were dominant, if they understand humans like they're supposed to then its a lot better than being run by...goldfish?

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
    Years
  • Pokemon would be a danger if they were at our world. Such as legendaries. For example:
    A Exploud comes and uses Fire Blast, and your house if on fire. Pokemon is dangerous.

Retro Gamer'93

Pokemon Master of Kanto
    Years
  • Truthfully, I can't give a true answer, on one hand, humans as a species is much more intelligence than any animal no matter what their overall IQ is. On the other hand, Tyranitar VS tanks = Likely Tyranitar Win

Years
  • I'd think that there would be alot more suicide and terrorist attacks, i mean Voltorbs with self-destruct would by like a few gernades going off, now imagine some psycho with like, five of them straped onto him, running into a government building, a bank, or a mall, and making them all use self-destruct, that would be almost like a few bombs they use nowadays, and the damage may even be worse...

so yeah, if pokemon were real it would be dangerous, but I think it would be the humans who use the pokemon's powers to harm other humans....each country that is even slightly powerful would be in the race to capture, train, and create stronger pokemon to use against each other, and maybe in the future, one country would create a device like the pokeball, and they'd become the power-house of the world...

so if anything, us humans would stay dominant and use the pokemons powers against other humans... :I

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
  • it it is true like they say at the beginning of EVERY game, "People work and live together with Pokémon" then yes... we would be.... if humans work with Pokémon, Pokémon will not try to destroy us or our stuff...

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Probably

Probably because we would develop the same things all the humans in the game have deleveoped

Back