• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If someone could make a Pokemon game just for you, what features would it have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2021
    If someone could make a Pokemon game just for you, what features would it have? Who would be your starters? Which pokemon would you make available early?

The ROM hack I created just for personal play:

Has the three Kanto starters, but makes them all available to catch in the wild or to buy for obscene prices later.

Oak gives you the starters at level 1, because he's lazy.

Oak gives you the National Dex as soon as you would usually get your normal Dex.

All pokemon from FireRed/LeafGreen are available.

There's no such thing as trade or happiness evolution, just stones and levelling.

VERIDIAN FOREST has Pichu, not Pikachu, and all Pokemon are fixed so that, for example you don't get a level 12 Weedle when it should be a Beedrill. All pokemon are replaced with their baby forms if they're low level, and taken higher up the evolution chain if not.

You get the OLD ROD after beating PEWTER GYM.

There's a 1% chance of finding Growlithe on ROUTE 2,and a 1% chance of finding a rarish pokemon on every route.

The Magikarp guy at the Pokemon centre sells a level 5 Dratini for £5000, not a level 5 Magikarp for £500

There's an egg shop selling all sorts of pokemon where the Fishing Guru used to be.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Let's see, for me personally I would love to start with a Eevee. I think it would be a lovely pokemon because you can go in any direction. I hope you can start as young-adult instead of a child, mainly because I would love to have a more in debt story-line. If it is interesting I don't mind the extra reading. If I could pick a Region I'd pick Kalos. I will keep the character customization & you can have your own home in any place you want and you can decorate like the secret base in AS/OR.

Like I already said I find a good story-line important. If the game is just marketed towards me I may ask for game with complex story. Let's say for ages 12+. (This doesn't mean I want Pokemon to make a game that is not meant for children! this is my personal preference.) I would love to have a diversity of pokemon on each route & make shiny pokemon a little bit more common (but keep them rare).

You can only catch one legendary pokemon! I always find it strange that all the legendary pokemon are in your possession, I think it would make sense if only one of the legendary pokemon wanted to be with you. (You still need to catch it.)

After you beat the game and you became a champion of some sort, people will try to challenge you to get your title. At the end of the game you will have MMO option, you can chat with people, trade and battle. You can visit peoples "homes" and meet new friends.

Battles & Gyms will be a little bit harder and more diverse. Stat changing moves will have more effect making it more tempting to use them.

Oh, and a "follow me" option like in SS/HG ^-^

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2021
    Let's see, for me personally I would love to start with a Eevee. I think it would be a lovely pokemon because you can go in any direction. I hope you can start as young-adult instead of a child, mainly because I would love to have a more in debt story-line. If it is interesting I don't mind the extra reading. If I could pick a Region I'd pick Kalos. I will keep the character customization & you can have your own home in any place you want and you can decorate like the secret base in AS/OR.

Like I already said I find a good story-line important. If the game is just marketed towards me I may ask for game with complex story. Let's say for ages 12+. (This doesn't mean I want Pokemon to make a game that is not meant for children! this is my personal preference.) I would love to have a diversity of pokemon on each route & make shiny pokemon a little bit more common (but keep them rare).

You can only catch one legendary pokemon! I always find it strange that all the legendary pokemon are in your possession, I think it would make sense if only one of the legendary pokemon wanted to be with you. (You still need to catch it.)

After you beat the game and you became a champion of some sort, people will try to challenge you to get your title. At the end of the game you will have MMO option, you can chat with people, trade and battle. You can visit peoples "homes" and meet new friends.

Battles & Gyms will be a little bit harder and more diverse. Stat changing moves will have more effect making it more tempting to use them.

Oh, and a "follow me" option like in SS/HG ^-^

I started a more adult pokemon rom hack with the same interaction style as Dragon Age and Mass effect, but the programming will take ages.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I have always wished the pokemon games would go into more detail about their technological endeavors. Maybe explain more background information on the technology behind "Pokeballs" and the "Pokemon Center". I know that the games are fantasy and we're supposed to just accept that everything just magically works, but I mean a little bit more background information would be interesting, and it doesn't all have to be based on real life science or anything.
    I just always found the "Silph Co." really interesting in general and wish there was just more information that would explain their interest and pursuit into perfecting pokemon domestication. It doesn't neccesarily require any complex scripted events or anything, maybe something as simple as two employees of Silph Co. just talking in general about the research and development into perfecting the pokeball design, or finally figuring out how to make a proper pokemon repellant, or maybe they talk about the funding behind their free pokemon health care system.

Anything that might add a little depth into the overall pokemon universe from a technology perspective, would be a great addition that I don't think I've ever seen any pokemon game ever do.

Guest123123

All Pokemon available in one version, and no trade evolutions or wifi events. Nothing at all that you'd miss out on by not being able to or not wanting to interact with other people. I'd only use a team of 6 and maybe 3 new ones for the battle facility, but yeah.
    No regional Pokedex before the National one.
    Free move relearner, not requiring Heart Scales or mushrooms.
    An Eon Flute-like feature where you don't have to have an HM Pokemon in your party to use it. Some people want to get rid of HMs altogether, but I really like Surf and Waterfall in battle.
    Roar and Whirlwind wouldn't be in the game, because those moves screw up my exp distribution and frustrate me so much.
    A Gym Leader for every type like Reborn has.
    Backstories and involvement for every major character (rival(s), gym leaders, villain team leader and admins, e4, champion, etc.)
    The following features from various games: Hoenn style contests, Secret Bases, mining, Pokemon Amie, character customization. Character customization would have unnatural hair colors like blue, purple, green, and pink, which XY don't have.
    Repel would be a key item given to you when you get your first Pokemon. It doesn't have a step limit; you just need to activate it when you go to an area you don't want to encounter wild Pokemon in and it wears off when you leave the area.
    Re-battleable trainers would be instant, instead of needing 100 steps for VS Seeker, a certain time and day like Pokegear, or waiting (randomly?) with Pokenav (although they were so quick in ORAS it did feel instant sometimes).
    You can choose any first-form non-legendary (including one-stage Pokemon that don't evolve from or into anything) as your starter.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I always wanted to be able to stay on the SS Anne as it departed for its world tour.

HMs should be forgettable like TMs. Really annoying when I have a particular moveset in mind and will need to use the move reminder and deleter people. On that subject: these people should always live together. In some games they're in entirely separate cities, iirc.

I have always wished the pokemon games would go into more detail about their technological endeavors. Maybe explain more background information on the technology behind "Pokeballs" and the "Pokemon Center". I know that the games are fantasy and we're supposed to just accept that everything just magically works, but I mean a little bit more background information would be interesting, and it doesn't all have to be based on real life science or anything.
    I just always found the "Silph Co." really interesting in general and wish there was just more information that would explain their interest and pursuit into perfecting pokemon domestication. It doesn't neccesarily require any complex scripted events or anything, maybe something as simple as two employees of Silph Co. just talking in general about the research and development into perfecting the pokeball design, or finally figuring out how to make a proper pokemon repellant, or maybe they talk about the funding behind their free pokemon health care system.

Anything that might add a little depth into the overall pokemon universe from a technology perspective, would be a great addition that I don't think I've ever seen any pokemon game ever do.
    A great way of doing that would be to give items more lengthy, in-universe descriptions. Much of the lore of Dark Souls and the X-Universe games is contained within weapon/armour/ship stat screens, and it's a somehow effective way of giving life to their settings.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I'd want a more complex Tactics-type game than Nobunaga's ambition. Give me access to more, if not all of the pokemon with a real leveling system and movesets, and give me an actual story that revolves around more than trying to conquer all of the type-themed countries.

OR give me an open world Pokemon Snap 2

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2016
    I would make a game where you could spawn in anything, you could change your character, you could make your Pokemon INVINCIBLE, and it was only gen 3.

Years
  • 1) Every Pokemon [and their forms + megas] in existence.

2) 1 of every Pokemon type as a starter option.

3) Every region up to wherever we have now as a fully available to explore and battle option [this includes all gyms, notable characters from the games, and enemy teams]

Yup... that's about it. Just EVERY POKEMON, EVERY REGION, and 1 OF EVERY TYPE AS A STARTER.

That way I don't have to keep buying the games or downloading more hacks to finally... CATCH THEM ALL.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    More into customizing the player, special way to do trade evolution, having 2 regions instead of 1 and more megas (good lookin megas, no junk or ugly lookin)

Years
  • Hey guys, I'm so sorry but:

Thread revival - Most threads are considered "old" or "dead" after one month (30 days). Please do not revive old threads like this. Create a new topic if you discover this is the case. See specific sectional rules for where this may not apply.

From our rules. This thread hasn't had a post in over a year now, so it's definitely considered a dead thread. =( Feel free to remake it if you want to keep the discussion going however!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back