• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen If you are given your starter by a professor

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    They wouldn't ditch the most important aspect of a pokemon game.
    Yeah they probably won't Beachboy made a comment in another thread that reminded me that that building with the honey had gym music so I guess we probably still do have gyms, which I myself don't want them to take away :)

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I really like your ideas, but there's something that I'm quite not comfortable with. As soon as you gave an example of like, beating a water-type gym leader with ground/rock types, there's the difficulty of Pokemon as a whole to consider.

Now, I'm not saying the games should be terribly easy. If anything though, if there are quests, they should be sidequests and thus optional. I mean, I can imagine how many four letter words would come out of some people's mouth during these challenges, y'know? You definitely want to make them challenging for the most part, but not mind-shattering. D:

Well I think half the beauty of quests is that you don't have to do them, even... You could even wait until after you beat the game so you have access to every Pokemon and TM to better prepare yourself.

farage5

The Dead ROM Hacker
    Years
    Maybe you'll get you're starter like how Wally did in RSE. You know, borrow a Pokemon(Zigzagoon for Wally), get a Pokeball (Maybe a few, just in case, then you return it later on), and get followed by some random trainer(You followed Wally, to teach him how to throw a ball)... Shake, shake, shake... Ding! You got your first Pokemon. However... since the starters are already announced, if they were to do that, only the starters would attack, and afterwards, on the first route, the starters will rarely appear on he first route.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Maybe you'll get you're starter like how Wally did in RSE. You know, borrow a Pokemon(Zigzagoon for Wally), get a Pokeball (Maybe a few, just in case, then you return it later on), and get followed by some random trainer(You followed Wally, to teach him how to throw a ball)... Shake, shake, shake... Ding! You got your first Pokemon. However... since the starters are already announced, if they were to do that, only the starters would attack, and afterwards, on the first route, the starters will rarely appear on he first route.

And you start off with a level 5 nothing with growl.

Congratulations, but no. :D

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Maybe instead of getting a car they get their first Pokemon?
    First pokemon at 16? Well, by pokemon standards that's pretty late.

I hope for a good "after story" plot :)

I do too, but considering the geo of Isshu I wonder what there would be to do after the main storyline is complete. Run errands?

They wouldn't ditch the most important aspect of a pokemon game.
    I agree with you, but since this is a reboot the most important aspect may no be that important anymore. Maybe due to a lack of gyms (if this is true) they could place training centers around Isshu, have higher leveled trainers/wild pokemon, and create new mini-games to train your pokemon with.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    And you start off with a level 5 nothing with growl.

Congratulations, but no. :D
    Yeah, but if you read his post, he said that we would actually catch the starters, Pokemon known for having a Physical move and a Status move. It wouldn't be like Ralts, a Pokemon that you couldn't raise without another until it learned an attack.

Besides, I would like that idea because it would combine the really annoying tutorial on catching Pokemon with getting the starter. And I would love that.

I agree with you, but since this is a reboot the most important aspect may no be that important anymore.
    Wait. What? Are we sure that B/W is going to be completely different from every other portable Pokemon mainline game? I mean, there are going to be new Pokemon, attacks, and other various new things, but I always figured that the extremely basic formula for the games would still be there. Personally, it doesn't seem likely that Game Freak would change the games that much.

idk. I'll believe it when I actually see it. But so far, I see no reason to doubt it. B/W is probably just like previous introductions to new generations. Lots of brand-new features, but the basics are still there.

Back