• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen If you could change one thing on R/S/E what would it be?

Years
    hmm tough question for me I oh erm

the part where you have to find that underwater cave it took me ages maybe it should be slightly easier to find or somethin

the flash thing when you use flash the screen would be tottaly light

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I'd probaly raise the levels of the elite four's pokemon. They're way too weak I think it would be good if the levels would be from 70 to 90 that would make the game challenging.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    I'd say either a full rematch with the Elite Four in which their pok?mon have really top-notch levels (around the 80-90 range) and still have proper movesets, or optionally, giving our 'rival' May or Brendan more screen time. Come on, they practically dissapear after Lilycove, very dissapointing. -_-

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I hoped that they could have added 5 more extra PC boxes, and created more search symbols instead of only 4, so I can make a specific combinations for certain Pokemon.

They could have also made the "remove item" function on Emerald more useful, so the items can be removed while trying to deposit/withdraw Pokemon.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    ~*Angel Vaporeon*~ said:
    Gain EXP when you fight in the Battle Tents and the Battle Frontiers.
    I think that wouldn't make much sense if you are doing lv.50 battles, since if you keep gaining EXP, you have to constantly keep raising lv.50 Pokes. --;

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2006
    I would have what I didnt like about these games were 3 things.

1st I didnt really like the new pokemon so I would have liked to see more of the older pokemon in it.
    2nd I would have liked to see the Elite Four to be stronger and
    3rd I wish that the Battle Tower thing actually logged the opponents pokemon into your pokedex and actuall gave you exp points.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I'd make the berry glitch be gone in Ruby to begin with
    I used to be a totally hardcore berry grower, EVERY SINGLE MORNING I'd wake up early just to water or pick them. I did charts and schedules. I was obsessed
    But the berry glitch came and to this day, the berry farm where I grow my berries is frozen in time.
    I even used that berry glitch removal thing in LG but it didn't work!

Years
    Shiny Meganium said:
    I wouldn't mind having night and day like on G/S/C and make all 386 pokemon available
    i can get 386 pokemon in Sapphire just trade a pokemon from firered that is not in sapphire then you can get all 386 pokemon

Years
    finding the rares

One thing would be to get rid of the special event tickets....

Lets say after 5oo trade opens a event to find or capture a rare..then at a 1ooo trades....etc...OR even after a certain number of Hatching!!!

This would really enhance the true Trade factor/share'n pokemon

You could include the finding of shiny..if they wished

Lets face it...NOT everyone COULD get to a event...buy a FEW FRIENDS could make a difference....afterall wasn't that part of the Pokemon SPIRIT
    (YA that was a bit CORNY!!)..make'n friends...etc

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Offtopic

IronTrainer said:
    One thing would be to get rid of the special event tickets....

Lets say after 5oo trade opens a event to find or capture a rare..then at a 1ooo trades....etc...OR even after a certain number of Hatching!!!

This would really enhance the true Trade factor/share'n pokemon

You could include the finding of shiny..if they wished

Lets face it...NOT everyone COULD get to a event...buy a FEW FRIENDS could make a difference....afterall wasn't that part of the Pokemon SPIRIT
    (YA that was a bit CORNY!!)..make'n friends...etc
    Wow, your idea ain't corny at all O_O;
    It really does go back to the pure essence of trading back at the time of RBY... ahh good times...

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I dun't like that Emerald was in Hoenn. Bought the game...but don't even play it much because I've already played Ruby so thoroughly ;o;

Back