• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could learn one language right now, which would it be ?

Years
    Francais...

...as I've got my dad living in Montreal, along with a half-sister and half-brother from my dad's adventures in Quebec.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I think I could try to learn how to speak Tagalog because it's my native language and a lot of people are nagging me to speak it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I can already speak English and some precent decent Spanish.I would LOVE to be able to learn German. That is one of my favorite languages, and I find it really beautiful. I want to go Germany someday, so this would come in handy, because knowing me I'd purposely get lost just for the hell of it. Oh, but maybe Arabic, seeing as how they are giving support in parts of the Arab and Muslim world,it'd be pretty cool to talk to them too. >.<

Last edited:

Minishcap

Fecaloma
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    Mandarin Chinese or Farsi. Arabic would probably be the best though since I have many patients from Western Asia and North/Eastern Africa.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Spanish.

It's the most common foreign language in California, and many people in my family speak it. I haven't taken any Spanish classes since high school. I have a free period during my final semester, so I enrolled in beginner Spanish as a refresher... unless I can get into the coveted beer and wine tasting class.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'd like to learn Japanese. The main reason is because I love Japanese songs, and I think it will be nice if I understand what the singers say. Plus, now I've been able to understand Mandarin, which makes me have no other choice.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Unlike PC, I have no interest in learning Japanese, since the REST OF YOU all will know Japanese, I can get ya'll to interpret. /totally smart

But yeah I feel kinda bad that I only speak English whereas my boyfriend speaks more than that, so to be able to understand him better, imma pick Norwegian /who would've guessed the obv answer

Daichi

大地ホプキンス
    Years
    It would probably have to be Mandarin Chinese, because one of my good friends is Chinese and it would be nice to communicate with her language instead of English.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Japanese, so I can watch Animes and play video games from Japan and understand what they're saying. :3

Years
    Säggssch

Hmm, I always thought Russian sounds awesome, but I'm pretty sure understanding it would ruin that, so... Spanish maybe? I had it in school for one year, but it's been a while and by now all I remember is like 10-15 words and how to vaguely pronounce stuff. Or maybe something like Swedish or Finnish? Really not sure what to pick here.

Back