• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could pick any pokemon to start out with

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Munchlax since like an ideal Pokemon to start with. Afterall, it evolves to Snorlax. :)

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
  • I would pick Metagross, because it's pretty good offensively, and even better defensively!

(And it's a pseudo-legendary, iirc.)

Soraine

(*゚.゚)
    Years
  • Since Tepig is my favourite, my answer has got to be Tepig! But I'd want one that doesn't evolve yet still gains a lot of strength :3

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Eevee, just like in XD. I think it's great that you were given 5 possible options right off the bat in that game, so 7 possible options now would be brilliant. You can shape your team so much better with complete control over the type of its first Pokémon, to an extent anyway.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    I think i'd start off with a Bulbasaur, Chikorita, or Cyndaquil. The first two, I think would come in very handy for a newer trainer. And I just like Cyndaquil's style. Best flame wheel ever.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • I would pick Hydreigon as my signature, avatar, user title, profile pic all suggest .

He's just so good looking, super powerful, destructive, yet also tamable.....

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • I would start off with a Ninetales, Arcanine, Milotic, Swanna, Zeburaika, Erufuun, Cinccino, Hydrogoon or Absol or Altaria or Mijumaru or (This list goes on forever and ever and eternity)

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2022
    Chillarmy. It's so cute ^^ I could also make it be able to beat a legendary, with a bit of training :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'd like to start off with Articuno. It's been my first favorite, and it can be pretty helpful beating the first gym leader. :D

smithtism

Blank
    Years
  • Though I have plenty of favorites, Squirtle would be my Pokemon of choice so I could evolve it into Wartortle. He's not too weak and not too tough, and training him to defeat powerful opponents like legendaries or the Elite Four is a fun little challenge.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Porygon2 is everything you want in a Pokémon. Perfectly balanced stats, modest yet potent movepool, the potential to boost itself to legendary proportions of power if needed, and not even fully evolved. The perfect choice for something you'd want to spend an entire journey with.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Chimchar.......or Cyndaquil. Either one of them will be fine.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Solosis. (surprised?)

Sure it's weak and all but when it becomes a Reuniclus, it turns into a beast XD.

Back