• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If You Had A Chance???

Which generation would you pick to be real?

• 1st generation

Votes: 26 33.3%
  • 2nd generation

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • 3rd generation

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • 4th generation

Votes: 14 17.9%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2007
    4th gen because if you have the national pokedex you could have all of the pokemon

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
    4th gen because if you have the national pokedex you could have all of the pokemon

no not like that..you can only pick one generation and that generation would come to life.....so since you say 4th...only pokes from the 4th generation would come to life, not the other ones to...if it was like that everyone would just say 4th generation and there wouldnt be a point.get me?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Secong gen. only because it has kingdra, steelix, and croconaw, my 3 favs by far...but for everything else, Kanto is just the best. The D/P pokemon are mostly immitators anyways...and 1st gen has cool pokemon IMO.

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    I would defintly pick 3rd gen. The Hoenn pokemon were some of the best.(Like Blaziken burning off a little Mudkip, sucka...)

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    3rd generation. Because they were cool (Blaziken and Gardevoir mostly),
    and some would just make awesome pets (Mighteyena mostly).

-ChronicNightmare-

pandapanda

> 9000
    Years
    1st gen hands down. I've played games with all the starters and I love them all (Charizard the most though :3) and the pokemon just seem to have... personality? Yeah. I've played through gold, sapphire and emerald since red/blue and they're just not the same... I love gold a ton, but I liked the gameplay in emerald/sapphire well enough but I dunno... just not the same?

Plus I grew up on 1st gen. My brother bought me a gameboy and pokemon blue and I was hooked right away. Everything else has been fun but, in the same breath, lacking.

That's why I haven't played d/p yet. I've seen it played, and I'm still deciding whether or not I should get it, but I already hate the starters (bad sign).

ThePlaya

Years
    1st gen hands down. I've played games with all the starters and I love them all (Charizard the most though :3) and the pokemon just seem to have... personality? Yeah. I've played through gold, sapphire and emerald since red/blue and they're just not the same... I love gold a ton, but I liked the gameplay in emerald/sapphire well enough but I dunno... just not the same?

Plus I grew up on 1st gen. My brother bought me a gameboy and pokemon blue and I was hooked right away. Everything else has been fun but, in the same breath, lacking.

That's why I haven't played d/p yet. I've seen it played, and I'm still deciding whether or not I should get it, but I already hate the starters (bad sign).

thats what im talking about!!!!CHAIRZARD!!!!ha you people already know i like him..just look at him everywhere in my sig and stuff.GO FIRST GENERATION!!!!

MUSION

>:)
    Years
    3rd Gen. There aren't many Pokemon from it that I don't like, plus most of my favourites are there. Cacturne, Claydol, Flygon... (all from the desert too).

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2007
    I picked 2nd cause of Totodile. My second choice would the the 3rd gen though.

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Well, if you think about it, you should all pick the 4th gen. It has all of them, technically, since no generation flat out got rid of any Pokes... :)

Just kiddin'. I understand the question. I'd probably go with first gen. Can't beat the originals.

Years
    I really love the first generation, but a lot of my favorite Pokemon belong to the second generation. The past two generations fall in comparison to the first two to be honest. I would probably have to say the first generation though. It's what made me like Pokemon in the first place, though I have fallen out of it, it still provided great times for me.

ThePlaya

Years
    ha 1st and 3rd are tied.......even though i think 2nd should be winning 3rd...but 1st beats them all...the originals are best

Years
    I chose 4th gen. simply because I'd technically be able to travel to all the other continents that the previous 3 gens. didn't have. And you can see/capture 486 Pokemon compared to the previous games.

1st gen: You could only stay in Kanto. Johto hasn't been created yet.
    2nd gen: You could only travel between Johto and Kanto.
    3rd gen: You can technically travel between Johto, Kanto, and Hoenn.

Back