• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you had control over the series or a movie...

Abrogate Nadir

Obscure Shipper
Years
  • I'm curious what people might do if they had control over the series or over a movie. What kinds of things might you do? What would you add or remove, what would you do plot-wise? All that good jazz. But keep in mind that it still has to adhere to its target audience, which is generally kids (so no blood and gore, no sexy fun tiemz, etc)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I would a cheesy form of Pearlshipping. And I would spicen up and "Mature" the series a bit. To conserve at most a high PG rating. You can't deny it'll be better :).

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I would bring Misty back so we could have a two guys and two girls team, because Misty could learn all about the Sinnoh water types, plus she would be a good mix with her arguing with Ash.

I would make Max, May and Tracey have cameos in battles/contests.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • I'd do a Pokémon Chronicle series again. When was the last time we saw Richie or Lance? If the twits upstairs can't bring old trainers back into the new series, then do chronicles again.

Edit: I hope you meant "twit," there. Otherwise, that's a bad swear. I can't access the purple font, at the moment, so pretend that it is.

-Char

Last edited by a moderator:

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
  • --Bring back the classic VAs
    --Re-do the Contests completely to make them different from battles (as in no battles at all). Likewise, the Super Contests incorporate the game rules. (so we see Dawn dolling up Piplup and playing on a DDR like machine on top of appealing)
    --Give Brock a breeder quest.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • -Make the game make more sense; I.E., no Pikachu killing Regice.
    And for that matter, no person ever owning legendaries to begin with.

-Make the story have more than the depth of a spoon. Seriously, there's no "real" plot, it's "Hey, kids, gotta get dem badges!" and that's pretty much it.

-Make the show have more coherence with the game; because I'm sure there are a lot of ingame events we missed that the viewers want to see.

-All killer, no filler. There are so many filler episodes these days that it's sickening.

-Make all the trainers have a full party of fully evolved Pokémon. The fact that half of the group's Pokémon haven't evolved by the time they reach the respective leagues is stupid. I mean, Bublasaur and Squirtle are the best examples; they must be upwards of Level 60 by now but haven't even evolved once.

-Replace Team Rocket with antagonists who are more than comical relief, know what they're doing, and don't have to pull f#$%tons of cash from God knows where to build oversized pieces of junk that get defeated easily.

-Inject dignity into the women of the series. They're all a bunch of sleazy something-or-others if you ask me...

-Actually have Ash fight the Elite Four of the region in at least one episode, where he doesn't just lose to one of their Pokémon, and learns some "ttlly rad lesson yo, pokeymanz is pplz too...durr."

-Bump up the rating. I think we can all agree 112893712982731237% that the anime is what caused Pokémon to be looked down on by most today, because of its childish nature.

-Get out of the deathloop most popular animes fall in; the heavy themes of friendship and destiny and peace and love and all that other crap that nobody cares about. That contributes little, if nothing, to the important elements of an anime that draw in viewers.

Meh. I know I'm missing something.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • Umbry said:
    I would make Gary appear way more often, or make him travel with Ash. XD
    It wouldn't make any sense just to add a new beginning/plot to an already started plot. It ruins it.
    It's as if you were watching the Starwars franchise for the first time without knowing the plot's meaning...
    Except, your watching it backwards. In this case, it wouldn't make any sense watching it in any order.

Last edited:

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
  • Ash leaves. Brock becomes the star because he's the only main protagonist I really like except Tracey and Max, and Tracey would stay with Oak and Max maybe has a Chronicles-esque spinoff about his journey (Harley would definitely be involved, probably Drew and May too, maybe Ruby and Wally). Cameos by my favorite characters. PG-13 rating, or at LEAST as mature as the manga, because it's needed.

It would rock.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I would take the kiddy part out make it more 18+ with graphic violence and the such. Oh and brocks days of failing is over. ;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Max maybe has a Chronicles-esque spinoff about his journey (Harley would definitely be involved, probably Drew and May too, maybe Ruby and Wally).
    This would win on so many levels.
    I'd actually do something similar, if not have him replace Ash all together.
    And I'd incorporate as many game characters as possible. Like ADHD rival kid. He'd be a lulzy rival. Oh, and bump up the rating to PG or PG-13 just so I inject tons of innuendo and other good stuff this show needs. xD

Brock would finally get a real girlfriend and become a real breeder, Ash would actually age and his Deus Ex Pikachu will actually obey the laws of physics (in their world at least). The other characters will definitely get some spotlight as well, in hosou episodes at least.

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    I'd make a spinoff, something completely different from Ash's adventures, and none about Ash. Some ideas?

1. How would the Pokemon World look after 100 years in the future?
    2. A different trainer's adventures in the Pokemon World? You would need SOMETHING new, and not about Ash. I'd love to see a new trainer trying to be the Pokemon Master.
    3. A new Pokemon Chronicles!
    4. A series about May's adventures in Johto?
    5. A Pikachu Show!!! You know, how the Pokemon Shorts are in the DVDs? I'd love to see a bunch of adventures with Pikachu and the others!
    6. Maybe even a trainer's adventures just at home? There could be different Pokemon and events that happen at home!
    7. A comedy spinoff; Brock could stay in Pewter City, and we'll see his own adventures of flirting with Nurse Joy, the girls, Officer Jenny, etc.!

Sooo.... how do you guys like my ideas? Support or hate? Go ahead, I can take critics! ^_^

Years
  • I would age the characters realistically, have Ash and company travel to real places like the United States, Canada, European Union, etc, a competent evil team, and maybe romance.

ShadowDeeps

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    I would have ended the series after the Johto League, however acrid that may sound (albeit with a bit more of an epic ending in tone, that also has Ash defeating the Elite Four... and Ash's father would be revealed for finality's sake.... maybe even tie up the loose end that is the GS Ball.... I would also have Pokémon Heroes as the final movie, but a bit more epic). It's not May, Max, or even Dawn that lambasted the series in my eyes (despite that I feel they would have worked infinitely better as minor characters rather than part of the main cast). And though Misty's departure hurt, it's the writers keeping the series going so long that they may not be able to be objective about it anymore. It's become redundant enough that I find it arduous to watch, nevermind the VA changes and the endless repertoire of Pokémon, leagues, Gym badges, Contest ribbons, and etc (I can respect the VA changes to an extent, though, because 4Kids gave up their license and nothing more - their VA's were superior to me, but I'd rather not allow my ire to be gained over it). I'm of the train of thought that if you keep any series going for too long, it stops at length. If you expand it too much, it eventually explodes in a window of time.

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    - First and foremost, if nothing else I'd quit axing characters just as fans are getting to like them. It's annoying to say the least.

- Second, I'd make Legendary Pokemon play a bigger role in the series. Honestly, they should be much more important to Pokemon than they're played out to be, since they're basically the Pokemon equivalent of mythological Gods.

- Third, evil empire. Where is the freaking evil empire? Pokemon is based on a game that's an... RPG. One of the biggest cliches in RPGs is... EVIL EMPIRE. Seriously, it's one of the very few that hasn't yet been explored in Pokemon. What's the hold up, writers?!

- On that note, if you put an evil empire in Pokemon, why not make it darker? Make it someone who turned alot of Pokemon into Shadow Pokemon. Put some freaking drama and character development in Pokemon. It doesn't ALWAYS have to be so godawfully cheery and happy. You can have a more serious plot and still make it a kids friendly show. Trust me, kids would watch it.

- And finally, I'd RESOLVE THE GS BALL PLOTLINE!!! If nothing else, it would at least cause people on forums to stop complaining about it.

Years
  • - First and foremost, if nothing else I'd quit axing characters just as fans are getting to like them. It's annoying to say the least.

- Second, I'd make Legendary Pokemon play a bigger role in the series. Honestly, they should be much more important to Pokemon than they're played out to be, since they're basically the Pokemon equivalent of mythological Gods.

- Third, evil empire. Where is the freaking evil empire? Pokemon is based on a game that's an... RPG. One of the biggest cliches in RPGs is... EVIL EMPIRE. Seriously, it's one of the very few that hasn't yet been explored in Pokemon. What's the hold up, writers?!

- On that note, if you put an evil empire in Pokemon, why not make it darker? Make it someone who turned alot of Pokemon into Shadow Pokemon. Put some freaking drama and character development in Pokemon. It doesn't ALWAYS have to be so godawfully cheery and happy. You can have a more serious plot and still make it a kids friendly show. Trust me, kids would watch it.

- And finally, I'd RESOLVE THE GS BALL PLOTLINE!!! If nothing else, it would at least cause people on forums to stop complaining about it.

Dude, you stole all my ideas! Hehe. Well, mostly, the Evil Empire stuff. Otherwise, Nintendo, why bother with them if you don't want to use them?

I'd rewrite J/J/M. Either, have them succeed, become the heroes -- since it's clear they aren't even anti-heroes -- or just pair em off and leave. Get them off, and put some actual villains for a change. I like them, but I'd like to get serious, here.

For fun, throw in Kid Icarus, Legend of Zelda and Mario Bros allusions -- let's see if the Nintendo fanboys would really be amused.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I'd probably make it a bit more mature. Also, I'd get Misty back, and have either May or Dawn stay (most likely Dawn) :)

Let Ho-Oh, Cresselia, Raikou (Legend of Thunder sorta counts), and Heatran get their own movies!! (mainly Ho-Oh, since it's power is comparable to Lugia, Rayquaza, etc. but now it's harder for it to be seen in a movie since the anime is past Johto. Maybe revisit Johto or have it fly and appear in Sinnoh or another region)

Have a male player character (i.e. Brendan, Lucas) join the main group. Maybe replace Brock if a group number of 5 is too crowded (Ash, Dawn/May, Misty, Brock, and male player character seems a bit too much, but Brock is still so cool!! And classic!)

Make Pokemon better looking. Spiritomb just really annoys me...

Utilize TMs & HMs. I wonder: how do you actually use a CD on a Pokemon to teach it a move??

Let Ash have a fully evo'd pseudo-legendary on his team, just to see 'em in battle.

Make Team Rocket or Team _____ more sinister like TR was in the earlier episodes...

Have more legendaries participate in epic battles
    (Lugia and Ho-Oh didn't get to clash; Groudon and Kyogre battled without Rayquaza's supposed intervening presence; Dialga and Palkia currently have not clashed alongside Giratina who presumably has a strong connection with them; Cresselia hasn't clashed with Darkrai; and Heatran currently hasn't clashed with anyone at all...)

Feature the Porygon family more often. My condolences to those who suffered seizures during, in my opinion, the most unfortunate event in Pokemon history. I just wish Porygon was featured more; it's a Pokemon, too! I believe the strobe lights used during the infamous Porygon episode IMO were an honest mistake, and if 4Kids/Nintendo knew what would've happened, they would've toned it down significantly. If they were actually intended, Pokemon would not be where it is today. The event could've easily happened to any anime or cartoon accidentally. I just think Porygon should not be blamed for an accident, and should get a chance to be spotlighted in more episodes.

And finally, find out/reveal who the freakin' heck is Ash's father!?!?!?!?

Last edited:
    Back