• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you open this thread, you must post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    Checking in to see, hey, it's been a while since we've had a last post. How about I get this on people's FTs so they come in? If anyone else even checks that I might be the only one whoops

As for how I'm doing, the grind I'd been doing went really well, I was able to reach 12th place in the event in the first hour, and considering there's roughly about 20k active players, it's a pretty nice goal. The event keeps going for the next few and people can score higher, so I'm expecting to end up finishing in the top 100, proud of that. I've been saving up for everything in February since the end of November (which isn't considered very long), so it's gone incredibly well.
    Maybe I should be checking in on PC more often? I feel like I haven't been around too much and it's always nice to drop some replies in the threads I frequent, you guys are just nice to talk to. I've been talking to a lot of people lately but I don't wanna get too busy and not pop in.

Years
    I'm glad it's going well for you! Top 100 out of that many peeps? Really? Thats an awesome achievement, you have every right to feel proud!!!

Have you done all you can in the event, I mean, is it over for you now then, or do you keep going until the end?

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    Plan worked. Sweet.~

Thanks! I've done everything I can right now, but that's just because I'm out of stamina and can't play anymore until it refills. You can get items to refill stamina but I used all of mine at the beginning of the event to reach that placement, and I've been getting some during the event period I'm saving for the very end in case other people are trying to make a final push at the end. At this point, I've just gone back to playing whenever my stamina refills just like normal, but I'm still playing until the end, which will be in 5 days.~

Years
    awesome stuff, congrats! when you talked about stamina, i actually thought you meant you got tired after a while of playing it lol.

i can't recall if this was mentioned before, but what's the prize for those who get into the Top 100?

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    Thankfully most of the grinding is menuing, so I haven't had to worry about getting tired. There are items you can use to skip playing a song but still get the rewards and event points from it, so that's how a lot of people will grind it out. Just means you have to skip the song a bunch, restore stamina, and continue skipping. Hence all the menuing.

Here's a screenshot of the rewards screen. The biggest thing is the titles, everyone in the top 50k gets a title with their placement, but anyone in the top 10 will have their exact ranking instead of just "top 300" or "top 100". Next to those are 3 different idols you can use to put in your team or things like that. For example, you can see on the left is the reward spotlight idol, this UR You Watanabe. Top 100 will get 2 of her while top 300 gets 1 (since she's a higher rarity, you have to finish higher for multiple copies). And the green gems are items you can use to raise your idols to higher levels.
    The titles are the big things people always compete for, but getting multiples of the idols means you have to spend less of the green gems to bring them to max level, so it can be helpful to just get all you can.
    My rank dropped from 12 to 36 in almost 48 hours, so that might give some insight into how the top rankings are. With 5 days remaining that's how I make my guess that I'll end up around Top 100 before any final push.

Hopefully that wasn't too tough or awkward of an explanation? I act like I could write a guide on this game, but a lot of the in-depth things I've just picked up from others.

Years
    That is so cool! I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you to stay as high as possible! 😊

Goodnight everyone. I will chat properly tomorrow :)

Years
    wow that's... way more complicated than VPP lmao. best of luck to you Aisaka!

genuinely wasn't expecting over 50k playing the game actively. i thought it was just a small niche community or something damn. how did people easily overtake you though? like, are they faster than you at playing or something? or do they collect more points somehow?

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years

It still feels like its own little niche in a way, but it's common for fans of this series to have heard of or play the game. It's definitely WAY bigger on the Japanese server, it's hard for people to even reach the top 50k in events because of how much bigger the playerbase is over there. The rewards go up to top 50k in the English server as well, but there's a lot less people, so usually people on the English server can get top 20k with no effort. The English server is also currently a little behind the Japanese server's schedule, which is why we're having a Christmas event right after Valentine's.

Basically the short answer is, you get event points for every song you complete during the event period. There are other factors that impact it but basically, because I've run out of stamina and can't play several songs multiple times a day, these people can overtake me by playing more songs and raising their point totals. I basically sprinted at the start and now that I'm out of resources, they're able to catch up and pass me if they've got enough. The very beginning and very end of these events are when people typically spend a lot of their resources to "push" the event, or raise their point total by a bunch to get into the rankings. That's why I'm just playing as much as my normal stamina allows, and saving any resources I get for the final push, which usually tends to happen in the last 4 hours or so.

On that topic I should also add I haven't spent a single penny on this event, but there are people who will spend money for the event gacha banner (which can give them specific idols which give them more points for this particular event) or for things like stamina recovery. The difference in point totals between free to play players and people who spend a lot of money (we tend to call them "whales") is massive. Usually they'll be able to have some of the better idols in the game which allow them to clear the hardest songs and get the most points per song. The 1st place ranking has 6x my current score, and it's obvious to tell they're a whale.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    The only ever mobile/gacha game I played was Fire Emblem Heroes (ignoring Xenoblade 2). But even that couldn't hold my interest for long. Guess which character I liked using a lot. :D

I find it impressive when people can play them for a long time especially if they can pull off not spending any real money on it.

Years
    -snippity snip-

props to you Aisaka for being smart with your money! i can only imagine how much those whales spend in total, but hey they keep these franchises well funded right?

i'm amazed though that even with you being a non-spending player, you still managed to get to Top 36 overall. one would think that the the first top 100 or something would be filled with nothing but pay2win folks. or i'm guessing that's all gonna change in the future when things start wrapping up...

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    The only ever mobile/gacha game I played was Fire Emblem Heroes (ignoring Xenoblade 2).

Oh god... is Xenoblade 2 a gacha game? I've owned it for a while and put off playing it so I don't know how you obtain blades, but... that... makes things interesting.

props to you Aisaka for being smart with your money! i can only imagine how much those whales spend in total, but hey they keep these franchises well funded right?
    Haha, that's a really sweet way of looking at it, I think these games bring in a lot of money for the franchise. Not only is this game just about "collect the cute girls", you could probably make a defined tier list for the different "cards" so people are always eager to whale for either their favourite characters, or the "best" cards.

There was a lot of hype over this really good Setsuna card, which was the best in the game at that point. In some of the events, it's not rare to see Setsuna dominate the rankings. As she should.~

The way I see spending personally is that I can at least support the devs when I spend, but I don't often have the funds I can realistically spend on the game. I think the whole "people spend thousands of dollars and it's a gambling addiction" is just an exaggeration helped by some people who actually do that. It's not common, and it's just like spending on anything else. We joke often that the "anime girl png" isn't burning your life savings. I mean... that Setsuna is really pretty though... and she's really good...

i'm amazed though that even with you being a non-spending player, you still managed to get to Top 36 overall. one would think that the the first top 100 or something would be filled with nothing but pay2win folks. or i'm guessing that's all gonna change in the future when things start wrapping up...
    That's what I was thinking too, it was surprising to be so high up after 24 hours. I'd have guessed all the whales would have occupied these top spots, or that I'd just get lowered really quickly. It'll likely change in the future, but I think we're roughly halfway in and I'm not giving up for sure.

Years
    The way I see spending personally is that I can at least support the devs when I spend, but I don't often have the funds I can realistically spend on the game. I think the whole "people spend thousands of dollars and it's a gambling addiction" is just an exaggeration helped by some people who actually do that. It's not common, and it's just like spending on anything else. We joke often that the "anime girl png" isn't burning your life savings. I mean... that Setsuna is really pretty though... and she's really good...
    i guess it's just that it's something unorthodox to pour money in. but i understand that people will do what they want with their cash. so long as they can still sustain themselves in the long run it shouldn't be a problem. makes me envious about being rich ;-; i'd have probably spent thousands by now in CSGO skins if i were
    That's what I was thinking too, it was surprising to be so high up after 24 hours. I'd have guessed all the whales would have occupied these top spots, or that I'd just get lowered really quickly. It'll likely change in the future, but I think we're roughly halfway in and I'm not giving up for sure.
    that shows dedication! continually rooting for you Aisaka! :D

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    i guess it's just that it's something unorthodox to pour money in. but i understand that people will do what they want with their cash. so long as they can still sustain themselves in the long run it shouldn't be a problem. makes me envious about being rich ;-; i'd have probably spent thousands by now in CSGO skins if i were
    Yeah, for sure. I'm always hesitant to mention gacha games to new people because they probably get the impression that "this girl spends $6000 a month on pictures of anime girls" when in reality I've spent $8 over the course of a year and really enjoy the teambuilding aspect. I can definitely see the appeal of it, this is a game I enjoy enough to want to play seriously, and I'd actually love to whale if I actually had the funds to comfortably spend on it. More for the experience and the fun than anything really.

that shows dedication! continually rooting for you Aisaka! :D

Thanks! You guys are really sweet. <3
    I'll do my best.~

Years
    wow. 8 dollars is less than i spent on my last meal delivery even @_@

so are you playing it right now still? or you taking a break by chillin' with us forum lads?

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    Quoted for truth 😈
    Some days I actually wish this was the truth, haha.

so are you playing it right now still? or you taking a break by chillin' with us forum lads?

I'm late responding to this. I just used up the remaining stamina I had (until I go to bed, probably) and I've been playing on my account on the Japanese server (which I just have for fun, nothing serious). It's really low commitment so I can just have it open on my phone while I do whatever, and I've been taking a lot of breaks from whatever to check in on threads though, so it's definitely chill. It's nice to chill here with you guys, in these small spaces.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back