• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you open this thread, you must post

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Oh god... is Xenoblade 2 a gacha game? I've owned it for a while and put off playing it so I don't know how you obtain blades, but... that... makes things interesting.
    It is. Though, it takes a little bit to get going. I need to get back to it, someday. Still haven't gotten KOS-MOS (rarest blade in the game) even after two playthroughs and lots of farming. xD

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    Ahh, that sounds like a lot of fun actually. As someone who's only familiar with the first Xenoblade, I really need to play it at some point. KOS-MOS seems really cool, she'd be a blade I'd definitely want.

Best of luck with the grind! Do you know what the drop rates are for her? The recent pulls I've been doing were for a 0.5% chance and they all seem to be so different with every gacha.

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    All weekend I saw this on my FT and thought "I told myself I'd just always send a gif in this thread" so I never opened it on purpose, since I was stuck on mobile and that's a pain and a half. I was pretty interested in what I missed though and... short messages, so I don't mind.

I haven't mentioned this in any other threads but since I brought it up here I figured I'd follow up. The event I'm grinding in ends in just over 48 hours and I'm currently in... 96th place. I may have underestimated what was going on, but I've still got enough to make a somewhat small final push, and my friend I've been ranking with is out of the top 100 so at least there's that. Tuesday is really the day that makes the difference.

Besides that ramble out of nowhere, uhhhh, how's everyone doing?

Years
    go go go Aisaka! do your best to stay in the top 100, and prove to the world that you don't need to be a whale to get into that position!

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years

I've actually had a lot of pride in the fact I haven't spent a single cent on being able to be that high in the rankings, I'm really happy it's been working out as well as it has. Definitely not gonna be giving up until it's over though, I'm very excited for the final stretch. They don't release the final rankings until a little while after the event ends (so they can check the top accounts and weed out any hackers, I believe) so there have been a few times I've just barely scraped out of the top 5000 or top 10,000 and I wanna make up for those.~

Years
    gosh can't wait to see your final rank. if i were to predict, i'd say at the very least... 99? i just want it to stay in double figures is all hehe.

also ugh hackers. how does the system detect them?

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    I checked in this morning and unfortunately, I'm out of the top 100 for now. I still play whenever my stamina recovers, but now that more people are making pushes, the threshold for top 100 has gone from 200k event points at the start of the event to 500k currently. Right now I'd need about 600k to make top 50, so I'm making that my end goal for the event if possible, so I should be able to secure top 100 with that.

I really want it to stay in double figures as well, I'm hoping for as close to top 50 as I can, but I don't see myself finishing in it. Maybe about 80 would be my guess.

While I'm not sure about this game specifically, there was a great video about the history of cheating in another of the Love Live games, and the gist of it was that they check the purchase history and play history of the accounts, to see if the amount of strong cards or times they played would be possible with how much they've spent or how much they've played. For example, if an account had a bunch of the rarest cards at max level but never spent a single penny on the game that'd definitely be illegitimate. But hey, sometimes people are just whales and they've earned what they have. I don't actually know if hacking is a thing that's common in SIFAS, but I wouldn't doubt that it happens, so it's great that they check for it after events.

Years
    surely nothing the great Aisaka can't handle! 80 is still an incredible feat, so congratulations in advanced if ever!

ohh i see how it is then. i'd say that's something good that comes out of these pay2win systems, it's a lot harder to fool real money transactions (though i get a feeling someone's already made something to bypass this). imagine if 80% of the whales were actually cheating though...

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    Haha, thank you. I'm out doing my best.~

I'm sure something's been made at some point. Any hacking and anti-cheat measures are probably just things that grow over time, so I wouldn't be surprised (though still very disappointed) if any of these games had some other hacker onslaught or anything.
    If most of whales were actually cheating, I think most of the community would just say "Eh, it's an enjoyable free to play game anyways" and just hand the rankings to whales like they already do and enjoy other parts of the game.
    There was a scare pretty recently that the English and Japanese servers were going to merge and everyone would just be playing on the same one. If that happened, it'd mean basically no one would be able to tier unless they were a super big whale and spent enough to compete with the massive amount of Japanese players (more players would mean more whales of course, potentially bigger ones) and I think if that happened, the English playerbase would either just continue playing without tiering or a decent amount of people would stop playing altogether. It's interesting to theorize about.

Years
    yeah, that's unfortunately the case for any game. i'd like to believe that it's way more rampant for games like this though where several things are locked behind paywalls.

for sure if i were into this franchise, i'd be one of those who don't give a damn about tiering and just casually enjoy what i enjoy heh. it's good that cheaters don't really affect other players, unlike multiplayer games i play where being in the same game as one would mean you'd die constantly -_- there's gonna be drops in player base count every now and then for several reasons, but the community should still thrive regardless thanks to the die hard fans. i mean look at Pokemon lmao

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Hey guys, I you didn't see my other post on the banned game, I'm back. An insanely idiotic forum user invaded the other site I go to for forum games who I have reported and we'll see what happens.

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    Yeah, it'd be especially unfortunate being a whale and being beaten out by a group of cheaters or something. It'd hurt a lot more than just being some F2P who doesn't tier.

You could argue that's the best way to approach a game like this. The gacha elements are my favourite part, it's cool to have different accounts and see what collections people have. Even if pretty much is the reason the game ends up as being pay to win. The worst you'll lose out on because of cheaters is just the top rankings of an event, so it's relatively harmless if cheating ran rampant.

Thankfully the series is thriving with a lot of new content, it's a great time to be a fan. There was a livestream earlier today about future announcements actually, so die hard fans are gonna be easier to find.

Oh my god yeah, it's just like Pokemon, what-

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years

I completely missed your first post, I've had... similar experiences. Hope that ends well for you.

The tl;dr is that I'm a fan of idol gacha games and I'm playing in an event to rank as high as I can against people who spend money on the game. It ends in just over 24 hours and I'm just outside the top 100 out of roughly 20,000 people. Talking about things like potential cheating and how the event system works to pass the time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back