• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you open this thread, you must post

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen today
    dodododo alone in this thread dododododo at 4:00 AM almost at the correct post count to get the lanturn

Years
    • Seen today
    oh wow. you sure you don't wanna hit the hay and recharge for tomorrow Zeo?

I have an awkward sleep schedule. If I have no classes and I'm not forced up early then it goes:

Sleep at 1:00, Wake up at 4:00, Sleep again until 10:00 AM.

Years
    I have an awkward sleep schedule. If I have no classes and I'm not forced up early then it goes:

Sleep at 1:00, Wake up at 4:00, Sleep again until 10:00 AM.
    not often do i see people have break periods in between their sleep cycle. that is pretty weird indeed.

my mom used to forbid me from being awake past 10pm tho on a school night. are you guys more lenient because things are online now?

Years
    • Seen today
    My mother never was a rule making personality. She's generally just like "I don't care what you do, if you aren't disturbing me".

Years
    ooh i'd bode well with a parental figure like that. awesome mom you got~

mine was pretty strict, but hey it was for my own good. she was a pretty traditional-minded person.

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years

Opened this thread, and rules are rules.~
    I've seen a couple people open this thread with me and not post but I'm not gonna say any names hehe.

On the topic of being strict with stuff like that, I think my parents just learned after a while that I was just gonna rebel against them if they tried to make me do something. I had problems getting to sleep when I was young because of circumstances and social problems back then, and usually I'd have something to help me to sleep (it was usually either playing Pokemon or YouTube on a 3DS back when that came out) and I think my mom read from some article or something that it led to sleeping problems. Since it was the thing that helped me sleep, we went at it for a while before things just stopped getting less strict cause I'd sneak stuff back into my room if it got confiscated.
    In terms of bedtimes, my dad used to get mad at me if he found me still awake at points, but I had a year where I was pretty depressed and it meant I just stayed up late all the time, so it sorta turned into him being like "You get enough sleep last night?", and it's felt like he's always been really sweet about understanding stuff like that about me. Great example is on days where I'd just feel awful and not want to go to school, so we'd go out and get breakfast together before he went to work. Even though I usually didn't take it, he gave me that chance to talk about things with him if I really needed to, and it helped me a lot. He went from being pretty strict with me to the reason I could comfort myself with the thought that I wasn't a bad person for not being able to go to class every day like I was supposed to.

Years
    i'll admit i've sometimes opened this thread, realized i couldn't contribute anything to the current conversation, then just liked a couple posts and left lol. i'm not sorry :p

your parents sound like dears Aisaka~ i'm glad they understood you overtime. that really helps with bonding in the long run. i only wish my aunt was the same. she's the tough type and always wants things to go her way usually. she hates it when i rebel and does her damned hardest to keep me in my place, which i loathe. we've had dozens of arguments overtime, and she was the reason for a lot of my depressive episodes in 2019. things got to a breaking point sometime last year and we ended up not talking to each other ever since. that was october or so? been the same til now, and i can say that this is straight up the most peaceful we've ever been. i legitimately don't mind not ever talking to her if it means it gives us both breathing room. we're now technically just housemates or something that don't interact lol.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    i'll admit i've sometimes opened this thread, realized i couldn't contribute anything to the current conversation, then just liked a couple posts and left lol. i'm not sorry :p
    Same. Though for me it's actually multiple threads in this section. ^^"

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    Same. Though for me it's actually multiple threads in this section. ^^"

See I don't have to name any names because y'all will come up and mention it yourselves.~

your parents sound like dears Aisaka~ i'm glad they understood you overtime. that really helps with bonding in the long run.
    I'm really fortunate my dad's been really understanding and patient with me. Pretty sure a lot would've been worse for both them and me if we just kept arguing with each other, so I've just felt really fortunate it for it. High school's probably not the easiest time for anyone but I had a lot of trouble with it.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    See I don't have to name any names because y'all will come up and mention it yourselves.~
    Maybe I've done it on purpose? Maybe I'm not even myself right now? But rather someone from a different dimension, so the actual person you believe you've been talking to wasn't actually falling for it? :P

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    Maybe I've done it on purpose? Maybe I'm not even myself right now? But rather someone from a different dimension, so the actual person you believe you've been talking to wasn't actually falling for it? :P

If you're you and you're not them and they're them and they're not you...

...who are they..?

Years
    I'm really fortunate my dad's been really understanding and patient with me. Pretty sure a lot would've been worse for both them and me if we just kept arguing with each other, so I've just felt really fortunate it for it. High school's probably not the easiest time for anyone but I had a lot of trouble with it.
    ah yeah highschool. both kids and parents really need to prepare for what they're about to deal with in that era.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    If you're you and you're not them and they're them and they're not you...

...who are they..?
    I am me and they are them. The real question is: are you even you or are you somebody else who believes that they are you? Can you prove that you are you and not them?

Years
    i was a pretty hard child to handle back then myself, it's just that my parents were way more governing and thus i wasn't able to get much freedom or things i wanted til college came around. i believe it would've been the same case as highschool however had it also not been the era where my mom passed away, but hey what do i know?

Years
    • Seen today
    i was a pretty hard child to handle back then myself, it's just that my parents were way more governing and thus i wasn't able to get much freedom or things i wanted til college came around. i believe it would've been the same case as highschool however had it also not been the era where my mom passed away, but hey what do i know?

My condolences. The loss of a parent is one of the hardest things one can go through. I lost my dad right before entering into school, you can imagine how I felt when our school decided to do "father child days". I remember one dad noticing me on my own, he would always take me and let me hang out with him and his son. I've never forgotten that kindness.

Years
    i liked your post Zeo but forgot to post like i should've. thank you for the words, and my condolences for your father as well. events like Father-Child Days, Mother's Day have that sting to them for folks like us, but we learn to cope better and better as the years go by. i'm happy another father did that for you, may he always have good fortune his way. my extended family have been nothing but open and warm to me as well for the past 5 years since my mom's passing, and i really need to show my appreciation for them more.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    When your entire family feels kinda cursed because of all the misfortune happening over the years...ngl, I could write a book about the problems my family had and still has. <_<

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back