• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you were a Pokemon Professor...

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
Years
  • Well, there's a couple things that spark interest to research.

1.) The reason why some humans have abilities comparable to powerful Pokémon like Alakazam (Sabrina) while others are comparable to Spinda at best, and cases where humans manage to completely transform into Pokémon, such as the said cases of Kadabra and Drifloon.

2.) Why Pokémon that seem to be biologically capable of breeding, such as Crogunk and Politoed, would rather breed with Mr. Mimes and Shellos rather then each other in captivity, and why Nidoking and Nidoqueen completely refuse to breed altogether.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    1.) The reason why some humans have abilities comparable to powerful Pokémon like Alakazam (Sabrina)
    Maybe some people like Sabrina and her father were born with the gift of being mentalist.

cases where humans manage to completely transform into Pokémon, such as the said cases of Kadabra and Drifloon.
    IMHO, I think the Pokedex data on that is total BS.

2.) Why Pokémon that seem to be biologically capable of breeding, such as Crogunk and Politoed, would rather breed with Mr. Mimes and Shellos rather then each other in captivity, and why Nidoking and Nidoqueen only with ditto
    You mean Egg Groups? That's what the whole breeding system is based on.

Niprop

Years
  • You mean Egg Groups? That's what the whole breeding system is based on.

Apparently, egg groups aren't entirely canonal. Mewtwo returns shows that Nidoqueen is capable of breeding with Rhyhorn, meaning it would technically be in either the monster or ground groups, which isn't reflected in the games, along with game inconsistencies such as Seviper breeding with Zangoose (though as Mystery Dungeon shows that some pairings can grow attached to one another to break down their rivalries to an extent, this is more of a biological issue then anything else) and other unlikely cases such as Wailord and Diglet, and Gallade and Muk (the later of which cannon breed with Garbor, a Poké
    mon with similar origin and characteristics).

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    If i were to be a pokemon professor, then i think i'll be making an artificial pokemon (like mewtwo and deoxys) but will separate its body parts into five different pokemons. With Dragon, Fire, Water, Grass, Electric types, respectively. If all were to combine, they will produce one pokemon that will have a ??? type and will be able to learn moves of the types mentioned.

I will make a two codes, one for combining and one for uncombine.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    I think I would research Pokemon Communication, all pokemon can understand each other while they can only say their names how do they know what they are saying.... that kind of thing.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I would research how the regions were formed, and how Pokemon Differ from each.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Apparently, egg groups aren't entirely canonal. Mewtwo returns shows that Nidoqueen is capable of breeding with Rhyhorn, meaning it would technically be in either the monster or ground groups, which isn't reflected in the games, along with game inconsistencies such as Seviper breeding with Zangoose
    Using the anime as your basis there? Hooey, them's dangerous waters to be treadin' round here, boy.

In other words, go off the games for your canon. The anime contradicts the games, not the other way around. As for Zangoose and Seviper, that's a little thing we like to call Foe Yay.

Hmmm... what would I study? Um... how about female Gym Leaders?

No?

OK then, perhaps Pokemon types would be the kind of field I'd go into. Why are some types superior to others in nonsensical ways, and why are some not super-effective when logically they would be? Why is Poison so weak? Why were Poison and Bug once super-effective against each other but no longer are? What's up with the Normal type? What happened to ???-type? Are there any other types out there?* That's what I'd be interested in.

*I actually read an interview where the creators said they don't plan to add any new types but always could if they feel it necessary. So don't count that possibility out just yet.

Niprop

Years
  • Using the anime as your basis there? Hooey, them's dangerous waters to be treadin' round here, boy.

In other words, go off the games for your canon. The anime contradicts the games, not the other way around. As for Zangoose and Seviper, that's a little thing we like to call Foe Yay.

Meh, there's still a bunch of inconsistencies that the games mechanics bring about breeding, such as Kangaskan being born with a baby in its pouch, Nidoking/queen being unable to breed despite the Poké
    dex stating things about their young, why Magnemite cannot breed with their own kind, etc. that have yet to be explained by mere "Egg groups".

That being said, I rather focus on the apparent "rebirth" of human beings as Yanmask then why Huntail cannot breed with Elektross.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • I would probably research new Pokemon, competitive Pokemon battling, and Pokemon evolutions. (and hopefully make something that lets Trubbish evolve into something less ugy:\)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Well, there's a couple things that spark interest to research.

1.) The reason why some humans have abilities comparable to powerful Pokémon like Alakazam (Sabrina) while others are comparable to Spinda at best, and cases where humans manage to completely transform into Pokémon, such as the said cases of Kadabra and Drifloon.

2.) Why Pokémon that seem to be biologically capable of breeding, such as Crogunk and Politoed, would rather breed with Mr. Mimes and Shellos rather then each other in captivity, and why Nidoking and Nidoqueen completely refuse to breed altogether.

The Nidoking/Nidoqueen breeding problem everyone is mentioning would be pretty interesting to research. Not to mention how in all that is Black and White is HSOWA even possible. I mean, wouldn't the Skitty get crushed by the Wailord during..mating? Would there even be adequate space?#_#

On other note, it is quite strange about how various humans are more powerful than certain Pokemon (I'd rather have Sabrina by my side than Luvdisc any day of the week millenia). :cer_love: I mean, her Psychic powers would afford her an outstanding Special Attack, where even Luvdisc wouldn't stand a chance! Inquiries into how humans "transform" into Pokemon would also be interesting, especially concerning all of the bizarre Mystery Dungeon accounts. >_>

Hmmm... what would I study? Um... how about female Gym Leaders?

No?

Yes. I would research exactly why nearly all Pokemon girls are so distractingly hot. Professor Juniper and Assistant Professor Fennel would accompany me. :3 Ugh, I sound like Jiraiya the Toad Sage now... >_> *runs*

What would be one thing you would research if you were a pokemon professor? It could be anything pokemon-related: Evolution, Eggs, Possible new species of pokemon, etc.

For me, I would probably research evolution. I mean, in my opinion, evolution is probably the most intriguing subject in pokemon. How does pokemon evolve, and why do they evolve and transform their physical appearance to a particular type of pokemon? Like for example, Remoraid undergoes a pretty big transformation, when it evolves to an octillery.

I would also ask questions like, why CAN'T some pokemon evolve, and why do only certain pokemon evolve with stones...and more stuff like that.

As for what I'd actually research with a more scientific basis...probably the mechanism behind the Pokemon Center machines that heal Pokemon, or even the Pokemon Storage System and/or the Poke Ball model itself (energy conversion, habitat creation within a Poke Ball, etc.). A similar area of interest would be Berries, medicinal Herbs, and manmade healing items, such as Potions, Ethers, and Berries. Furthermore, the effect that Vitamins have on catalyzing the growth of Pokemon in terms of battling statistics would be a captivating subject as well. How do the various foods in the Pokemon world metabolize within the body of a Pokemon? :)

Additionally, I would also like to discover the link between genetics and Hidden Power, and comparatively Pokemon location and Secret Power. I feel that they would be intriguing topics to broach as well.

In conclusion, I'd be a Pokemon Professor who specializes in the medicinal aspects of the Pokemon scientific fields, while taking time to explore an array of other sciences as well.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • This is hard :/ If I were to be a pokemon professor I would prefer to research multiple things. But pokemon gene research would be cool as well as how they interact in the environment. An egg professor also sounds cool and is the professor I would most likely be.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I would research Pokemon breeding and if cross breeding among different species is possible :o

Back