• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you were principal...

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years
  • If you were the principal (or Dean or Headmaster) of your school, what would you change? Would it be dress code, school lunches, sports team name/mascot, etc.? For those of you that have already finished school, think back to your old high school or college (whichever you liked least), and tell us what you would change about that.

I would change the music my school plays over the intercom every morning. I mean, ok, country music is ok once in a while, but every other day?! What is this?! I find it sad that I now know every word to Taylor Swift's "Love Story".
    No offense to any country lovers out there. It's not that I hate country music, I just hate hearing it every morning.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I would remove this ridiculous policy that my gym teachers have. Basically, if you miss one class of PE, your grade drops to an F.
    I'd also post maps around the school. I got lost a lot when I started high school. ._.'

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I'd change the passing time between classes. It used to be 3, but then they added a minute. Last year they had 5 minutes, until we got a new principal. So I would change it back to 5 minutes, seriously. I would also divide it back to four lunch period like last year too, because all the lunches are freaking crowded.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'd remove the concept of school uniforms and make it so that everyone wears what they want, as long as it's appropriate.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    • I'd remove the concept of school uniforms and make it so that everyone wears what they want, as long as it's appropriate.
    • I would make lockers in classes as the bags are heavy
    • I would change the school timing and holiday on every Saturdays. :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I would change so much. I would abolish the ridiculous policy about bringing skateboards to school, and I would make the dress code more lax. The ditching rules wouldn't be an hour of detention per period skipped, it'd just be each time you ditch, you get a detention, regardless of how long it is. More offenses= more detention. I would hire more lunch ladies/fire the horrible ones we have now. They are so slow, it takes literally like 20 minutes just to get through the lunch line. Then not to mention that most of the lunch ladies are total spazzes that will flip out over nothing. Then I would make lunch longer, add in another break, it's important to relax and not just cram your head.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    If I were principal of my old high school, I would bring back field trips! 8( The year after I graduated (so... last year. haha), they announced that they were no longer doing most of the super fun field trips - Medieval Times, the zoo, theme parks, etc. So yeah, I'd bring them back and be a hero and the best principal ever yaaaaay.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • If I were president at my uni, I would change the math requirements for elementary ed majors. Seriously, I don't need to know calculus to teach kids under the age of 10.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Not much. The college principals here don't have much authority these days. The colleges have undergone a lot of law changes lately and they're highly abide to the government's preferences.

Therefore, I'd only make a few necessary changes that are not limited by these new law terms (for example, repaint the walls which currently are blacker in color than a pair of goggles). So not much.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'd make the time between classes longer, put in larger lockers, and post maps around the school. I'd also undo those ugly renovations they did where the exterior of the building is like four different colors.

And I would certainly undo the stupid idea that was implemented this year that crammed the middle school and high school into the same building. Fortunately my days of high school were years ago so I don't have to experience this firsthand, but it's still a very stupid idea.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
  • If I was a principal, I would change uniform to mufti, I would ban gum (even though they are nice) and also make sure teachers are serious about bully's and other people that make sure they help people from bully's.

GGJ

Roaming & Learning
    Years
  • Remove a lot of the dress code.

Make it so more funds go into band than football.

And then have random parties that are school sponsored for the students.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • I would not remove school uniforms because while it doesn't allow freedom, it prevents people picking on others based on what they wear (after all, how can you tease someone for wearing the exact same thing you do?). Not to mention our school uniform's just fine, so why would I get rid of it. However, I will still allow dress down days~ Some will have to be bought, some are for free!

I'd also have more fun events. Last year at my school we had fun times while still getting an education. This year we have a crappy vice principal who almost took away our costume dress down day in preparation for Halloween (which we have off) AND yelled at a bunch of female students (boys can take yelling; girls get hurt by it; remember that I attend an all-girls' school).

Finally, I'd be lax about Mass and Pep Rallies and let people cheer at the very end if they want. After all, girls are girls.

...Oh right, and get rid of the drink vending machines' timer so that people can still buy drinks at lunch rather than from the lunch line, and put actual Coke in there and not that stupid fake Coke Zero and Diet Coke with chemicals that have been linked to cancer and other bad things. I'd also get rid of who we have serving lunch period and bring back Three Brothers (an actual restaurant, FYI). They had such good food <3

...Aaaaand fire that female dog of an Honors Anatomy/regular Biology teacher. She's BSed us learning difference students and friends so many times and ignored all the lectures about what accommodations that we need that she needs to be kicked the hell out.

Years
  • If I were the principal of my old high school, I would make sure there was a school-wide lunch break. We had 5 periods a day, but only four classes, so the extra period would be our lunch break. They tried to schedule as many people as they could in 3rd and 4th period, but depending on your classes, you might not get this. For my first year, my lunch was 2nd period, which was 9:30-10:45. Hardly anyone I knew had this period off, and it was too early in the day to eat lunch, so many times I didn't do anything, and waited to eat until I got home. I also had one semester where I had 1st period off, and while I enjoyed sleeping in an extra hour, I still would have rather had a lunch block than 5 hours of classes without break.

If I were the president of the college I'm attending in January, I would change the math requirements to get in certain programs. All Business programs require you to have taken Calculus, which makes no sense if I'm taking Accounting (only basic equations) and Marketing (little to no math required at all).

Inspiration

All Rights Reserved.
    Years
  • I would change a bunch of stuff. >:) First thing's first. The uniform. I would change it into something like, oh, let's say, the clothes at House of Anubis? (I am really fond of cute blazers and mini skirts. :3) Second, I'd add lockers. In my elementary school in the Philippines, they had absolutely NO lockers. >:( Now my back isn't perfectly straight, thanks to my heavy bag. XD Next, I'd change the team name into "Cosmic". Idk why, so don't bother asking. XD Lastly, I'd have more activities. When I was in the 5th grade, my Civics (or you can say History :3) teacher was all about discussion. I had to join a lot of groups just to get excused from classes, because it was more on reviewing stuff. XD

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • If I were headteacher of my old high school...

1. Do something about bullying people with extra support needs
    2. get rid of the way Head boy/head girl/prefects are chosen
    3. change lunches- each year having a certain time for it.
    4. make sure my staff do their job properly

most of theses infecting my familys school life

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • The only thing I would do is abolish compulsory PE classes. Those are the worst things ever to have been invented for high school. They are completely useless and unnecessary and they're a breeding ground for bullying and for teenagers to feel terrible about themselves.

Besides that, exercise should be encouraged, not enforced.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Well since I am in college now, I would change a lot of the rules in my dorm. For starters, if you smoke weed or do any drug, you should automatically get kicked out of the dorms and noise level, three strikes you are out.

:t354:TG

Back