• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen I'll plant a berry here... and one there... and... [ #27 ]

How do you feel about the lack of berries?

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    [CSS-DIv=padding-left:5px;width:900;padding-right:10px]
    Black and White Weekly Poll #27 → Poll IndexPrevious Poll
    I'll plant a berry here... and one there... and... [ #27 ]

How do you feel about the lack of berries in the Unova region?

Although you can get berries in the Dream World to grow - you can't grow berries in the Unova region. However, you are given a berry everyday if you complete the task at village bridge, as well as a berry given to you by each ranger you face. There's probably other ways but I can't think of them right now, but that's not the point! What matters is that there definitely is a lack of berries in the main Unova region.

Would've you liked to have specific places set out to grow berries in the Unova region itself?

[ If you have any poll ideas, feel free to PM Kaori or myself with them. We may not use them the following week after you have suggested them, but we're likely to consider them in the near future. ]

- Black and White Moderation Team.
    [/div]​

Years
    I think it's a shame they removed berry patches :(
    I think they should have had berry patches in White Forest and Black City at least :)

-Totodile42

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
    Uh, where's the poll?

Edit: Never mind, I see it now...

OT: I find it annoying to say the least. Sure, every PokeRanger gives you one, but there are usually only a few per route and they are the only sources of many berries. They seem practically extinct now. How could they have left such a key aspect out of the game?

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I don't really grow berries, so it doesn't affect me that much. But I think they shouldn't have removed the berry patches, such a shame.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
    I never used berries much, I found more use for other hold items, I didn't do much online battling either, which is what other people seem to use berries more for.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I wish they had more berry patches. I remember in my Pokemon Ruby (Before the internal battery ran dry) when everyday I would water and/or pick the berries I had planted. I always had my special spots for growing berries as well. Mainly the Berry Master's house and a few other locations. I then did this with Emerald. It is weird how much there is a lack of berries. I can't just heal my Pokemon with them now and expect myself to have lots more. It'll probably be better one the Dream World comes out though. I wonder what the watering can would be called though. It'd probably be based of a water type no doubt.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    It's quite annoying, considering it's really hard to find all those useful berries, which say put up one of your stats in a pinch, or blocks a super-effective hit, which completely sucks for me. I want some of those berries for all my Pokemon! :o The worst part about the lack of those berries, is that all your NPC foes in the Subway have them, and you don't have access to them. :(

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    It's terrible. :( Berries are one of my favorite hold items, and making them hard to find is stupid. Hopefully the third version will add berry patches.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    THERE SHOULD BE BERRIES!1!!!!!1!1111! /rages

It would have been so cool to grow berries according to seasonsss.. Seriously, why would you take it out of the in game right as you add season??? Doesn't sound very logical to me! Yeah I miss berries and I can't plant them without my wifi, and it would have been pretty amazing to grow them with the seasons.

I would have loved to put those veggie gardens in Mistralton to some use D:<

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    I don't care. I never used berries and I wouldn't even if I could. Buying a cheap Hyper Potion is better imo.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I've never ran out of berries. If you really need some, go catch some damn Pokemon that hold them.

So I don't think there is a lack of berries. At least, not for me.

Pkmn Trainer Touko

King N's Queen
    Years
    I'll just grow berries on Dream World, not a big deal.

The berry pot in HG/SS was useful, but it was limited. You can grow tons of berries on Dream World, so it's kinda better that way.

It's sad from an aesthetic point of view though, I miss seeing live berry patches in the game. Also, didn't Ruby and Sapphire introduce berries to the game? If Black and White are leading up to a remake of R/S/E, then I don't understand why berries aren't in the game. =( Oh well.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I wished that there were berry patches so that I could plant some of them. It would make things so much more convienent - and not require some sort of connection to the Internet!

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    it kinda makes me mad because i make quite a bit of mistakes normally while ev training and i now have a very limited supply of berries to fix those mistakes. at least until the dream world opens. if it does.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I barely grew berries anywhere in the past games, so I don't care that much. I usually use medicine for status healing instead of berries, so it isn't a problem.
    Plus the region is based on New York, so that's probably why you can't grow berries.

Back