• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Ill-Will Hunting" Episode Discussion

Years
  • Here is where you can discuss the long-awaited returns of both Gary and J in the mad pursuit of "Ill-Will Hunting."

My review to come forthwith.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I finally woke up early enough to watch a new D/P episode. Ahhh! I was so happy to see Gary again! I really liked this episodes...when I watch alot of them I just get bored and start doing something else, but I watched this one all the way through.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • GARY!!!! GARY GARY GARY GARY!!!!!!!!!! I JUST LOVE HIM!!!! *hugs Gary plushie!!!!!*

OH MY GOSH!!! I so wanted to do this week's discussion but I remember I did one like two weeks ago. Teeheehee

Oh where to start. I mean the episode itself was great. I find it kinda strange that Ash and friends kinda just found Gary there. It was super coolies though because we saw Gary. Teeheehee

This episode really made Jay really dark though by how it was set up. Also she looked really older compare to the last time we saw her. I didn't know she was that old but I guess we don't have a comfirmation on her age. Also I am impress that she was able to handle more then her own against Gary and Ash. I was kinda mad about that but then I remember there is a world outside of Ash and friends in the anime. Still that is kinda strange to see Thunderbolt do nothing to another pokemon.

Yeppie. I did notice that the man that Jay was working for looked like Professor Rowan.

I LOVE GARY!!!! Teeheehee

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
  • This episode was great of Gary Back and Gary mostly smarter then Ash in this Episode and some good Battle of Gary and Ash face off J.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    For some reason, my comments don't save on YouTube so I can't remember my comments...but yay! GARY!

- When the Beedrill were Poison Stinging the Hunter J Grunts it just looked like they were poking them. So it reminded me of "Bother, bother, bother" from the Potter Puppet Pals XD
    - Ash's recklessness comes up again
    - Ash looks cute when he's pouting!
    - A mystery person! That looks like Prof Rowan XD Oh noes! IT'S THE NARRATOR! Seriously, the narrator is *not* an evil voice
    - Why do they keep calling J "sir"? lol
    - I love how Ash's hat stays on upside down
    - J has a flying car! LOL
    - Team Rocket didn't blast off again. LOL. I like how there are quite a few DP episodes where they don't blast off

Quotes:

Dawn: Let's hear a poem! Please?
    Gary: Uh...

Jessie: Incase you're watching Pokemon Hunter Jerk, I hope you've enjoyed being trumped by Team Rocket. Bye!

I can't pretend I didn't laugh at that. Especially the way she said "bye" so quickly haha

This episode has to be one of the better-animated Diamond and Pearl episodes (reason: clouds).

I noticed that haha. I always point out the clouds to my sister and she gets annoyed because she finds them distracting. But not this episode.

Years
  • This episode has to be one of the better-animated Diamond and Pearl episodes (reason: clouds).

The Prof. Nanakamado-lookalike is interesting; I hope we see him again, since the fact a guy like this shouldn't be overlooked, right? Right?

I'd like to see Hunter J affiliate with Team Galaxy. :(

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the cloud test. Heh. Sorry, man.

As for the mystery employer, well, they've dropped the ball on Sakaki's shadowy persona in the past, so I'm not expecting much. Then again, they have been surprising us, lately.

Don't tempt me with Ginga-Dan, man. Hehehe.

I really enjoyed this episode as it showed Ash's obsessive side (i.e., recklessness) vs. Gary's detached intellect. They worked well together, but not in the cheesy way one would expect from the the watered down rival. Until the ending with his "poem," that would be the only real demerit to me. Although, yeah, Gary's appearance was random-ish, same as Rowan's. What can you do on this series? Heh.

As for J, she was... alright. She was filler -- substitute her for someone else, would the story change much? Also, for some reason, her dub actor really grated on me this time.

Also, it's nice to see Shieldon, after we saw its counterpart with Roark.

Good fare on the whole.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    1. Hunter J is starting to remind me of Paul, now, with her attitude and general lack of care for her Pokemon (see: using Drapion as a shield).

2. There was never, EVER a mention of how Shieldon is supposed to be a prehistoric Pokemon like Cranidos, Omanyte, and the rest. I believe it's the very first time such a point was overlooked.

That is all.

Years
  • 1. Hunter J is starting to remind me of Paul, now, with her attitude and general lack of care for her Pokemon (see: using Drapion as a shield).

2. There was never, EVER a mention of how Shieldon is supposed to be a prehistoric Pokemon like Cranidos, Omanyte, and the rest. I believe it's the very first time such a point was overlooked.

That is all.

1. The hair should be another indicator. Shifty eyes.

2. I wondered about that, too, but the writers blew their brainpower with J and Gary's respective returns, the pacing and, well, any rare Pokemon could have been used as filler, there.

Besides, after all the game canon we've had lately, something had to slip by.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • As for J, she was... alright. She was filler -- substitute her for someone else, would the story change much? Also, for some reason, her dub actor really grated on me this time.

Yay quotey thingie!!! Teeheehee

I don't know about that Charaxes. I mean I don't think you can just place another bad guy looking figure in place for Jay since who else would have such coolies high tech things like her except for Team Rocket, the group, but I don't think we are going to see them so soon since Sinnoh isn't their thing.

I was thinking that too. Seeing that Team Galatic finally made an apperence I am thinking that they can hook up and do an episode too. Also I found it weird too that these anicent pokemon were just there. That could have been filled with any rare pokemon too.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Also I found it weird too that these anicent pokemon were just there. That could have been filled with any rare pokemon too.

I think they wanted/needed something small for the hiding-and-running-away-from-the-bad-guy theme. Oh, and that really small cliff edge that everyone was walking on would have been a LOT more awkward...

Years
  • Yay quotey thingie!!! Teeheehee

I don't know about that Charaxes. I mean I don't think you can just place another bad guy looking figure in place for Jay since who else would have such coolies high tech things like her except for Team Rocket, the group, but I don't think we are going to see them so soon since Sinnoh isn't their thing.

Well, there is always Jirarudan. Hahaha. He'd have the motive, plus tech goodies. I'd say Homura or Izumi, but snatching Pokemon isn't them.

And since you bring it up, when was the last time the Rocket org has done anything major, lately? Unless you count the recent Yamato/Kosaburou battle arena fraud, but that didn't appear to be as... grand. Not when compared to Raikou, the Red Gyarados or Lugia, anyway. Hmm...

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I was thinking that too. Seeing that Team Galatic finally made an apperence I am thinking that they can hook up and do an episode too. Also I found it weird too that these anicent pokemon were just there. That could have been filled with any rare pokemon too.

Yeah, J and Team Galectic could work together since Galectic hired Team Rocket to do something, they could hire J

Years
  • Yeah, J and Team Galectic could work together since Galectic hired Team Rocket to do something, they could hire J

Well, that could be part of the big finale of Galactic, if we ever get there. Dies.

Oh, Jorah, sir is a military term of respect, and can often be addressed to female superiors. So, in this context, it's gender-neutral.

On another tangent, I really did laugh at Jessie mocking the camera, as she left J's aircraft, "you've just been bested by Team Rocket, Pokemon Hunter Jerk!"

So amusing for so many reasons.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Ohh, I see. A lot of other people were wondering about the "sir" thing as well haha

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • I don't know who those people are Charaxes. Teeheehee I think I only know dubbed names.

I think that was the last big thing they did with the Cassidy and Bunch thing. Still you could count what Jessie and James did at Pewter Gym as big since that time they gotten Team Rocket storage pokemon which counts as help from the Rocket organzation. Even it was by accident.

Well what do you think about Team Rocket, you know Jessie, James and Meowth, joining up with Jay. They could do some sort of scam to trick Jay that the trio are super rich millionares and get her to steal pokemon for her and then they can try to make a high tail to get away. Teeheehee I mean we all know they are good enough to trick a lot of people with their disguises. Teeheehee You think they can also trick Jay too? Teeheehee

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • Well what do you think about Team Rocket, you know Jessie, James and Meowth, joining up with Jay. They could do some sort of scam to trick Jay that the trio are super rich millionares and get her to steal pokemon for her and then they can try to make a high tail to get away. Teeheehee I mean we all know they are good enough to trick a lot of people with their disguises. Teeheehee You think they can also trick Jay too? Teeheehee

That would be funny, for once TR would do nothing but watch Jay catch Pikachu for them :P They would probably fool her and maybe give her fake money or something :P. But once Pikachu is with TR, he'll escape in about 10 seconds hehe

Don't y'all think Umbreon was coolest pokémon in episode? or is it just me? ;)

Years
  • Well, there is always Jirarudan. Hahaha. He'd have the motive, plus tech goodies. I'd say Homura or Izumi, but snatching Pokemon isn't them.

Unless you count the recent Yamato/Kosaburou battle arena fraud, but that didn't appear to be as... grand.

Quoting myself for Reyna's benefit:

Jirarudan = Lawrence III, or the second movie's villain.

Homura = Team Magma's Harlan/Tabitha.

Izumi = Team Aqua's Isabel/Shelly.

Yamato and Kosaburou = Cassidy and Butch respectively.

Good point on the Delibird, as I forgot how connected it still is to the organization. I'd label it as clerical error, but still, it's something.

As for J/J/M working for/tricking Jay, normally, I'd say no, as she seems on the ball and wouldn't fall for such subterfuge. However, the Rockets can surprise you, so I'd say "maybe." They are sneaky, yes.

Maybe that will be the plot of the third encounter, because the story begs for one.

Back