• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm 26 years old, not 14!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Has anyone ever thought you were younger or older than you are? How do you feel about it? How many times does it happen?

It's happened to me before where people ask why I'm not in school. I get this impression of them thinking I'm in high school or something. I'm short for my age, and I could easily pass as at least sixteen. It doesn't occur often though either, but it does make me feel proud that people think I'm younger too. lol

Not sure this is a thread already.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Oh sweet lord this is the pet peeve to end all my other pet peeves because I am small and young-looking (seriously I look the goddamned same as I did at 16, at least in the face) and why can't I look my own age I'm in my prime not a damned teenager hrrrrrggghh. I feel like I'm doomed to look like a kid until I start looking like a crusty old lady. No normal, awesome adult in between.

It hasn't happened too recently but there have been some particularly egregious guesses in the last several years. Two separate people asked me if I was 14... in 2011 and 2012. First guy was like a 50 something that a teacher in college got me in touch with to do paid art for. We met at the actual school and he knew I was a college student. Maybe he was just out of touch with age brackets, I dunno. Second guy was some 20-year-old at a con. When I told him how old I actually was (at the time, 24. Kid was off by a whole decade for Pete's sake) he conceded defeat.

Years
    I'm 22 but I'm kinda short, around the size of an average 15-year-old. Given my "annoying little boy's" voice that I have it's very easy to get my age confused. Trust me, if anyone on PC ever saw a photo of me (which you have to hope you got the chance to since I never like posting pics of myself) you'd instantly think "how can she be 22? she looks 15".

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    not that this cougar is foolish enough to reveal her true age but it's been quite some time since i was carded for anything
    i've always been able to get away with passing for older than i really am due to my height, facial hair and the natural charm i seem to exude from every pore in my body
    but since i've been legal for some time in nz i've had no need to pull these little acts!

Yukari

People almost always think that I'm older then I really am given my height. I'm about 6 foot 3-4 which is obviously a lot taller then your average 15 year old. (That would be around 5 foot 7, If I remember correctly.)

Years
    When I was a freshman and sophomore in high school, people always thought I was a grade older. By the time I was a senior, people thought I looked younger.

I've also always been asked my age when I go to lottery counters at different locations (than the usual place I get my tickets at). It's funny seeing clerks' reactions whenever I show them my driver's license.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Me at 14-17 years old.
    I'm 26 years old, not 14!

I'm 19 and still look like I was 14, just with longer hair.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
    Yes! Everyone always thinks I'm in middle school or a freshman in high school but I'm turning 20 next month >_> it's probably because I'm really skinny but my height is normal, in fact I'm "tall" in my city (5'4)
    At restaurants they'd used to ask if we needed children's menus and at church somehow all these freshmen girls wanted to befriend me because they thought we were all the same age D: I don't even like talking to people younger than me unless they're very very mature.
    Some people even think my brother is older than me and he's 15
    But then people turn around and say it's good to look so young and I'll appreciate it when I'm older. I agree with that but darn lol.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Physically, few people have mistake in my age. The confusion about how old I am often stems from how I act, how I talk, what I talk about.

I'm incredibly fluent with thoughts I've gathered and about a lot of subjects I have a jaded point of few, like an older person. People get thrown off by that a lot. Other things lend me to that, as well.

Years
    I'm 23 but people tell me I look 15-16, especially with my glasses, which is a good thing because I'd muuuch rather look younger than older lol. I look a little more my age without the glasses but still relatively the same for the most part. Nowadays I'm usually asked if I'm in high school or at the very most a college freshman... wahoo. :D

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    When I was 21, I was walking across the edge of a high school campus, and one of their campus monitors stopped me and asked what grade I was in, because freshman aren't allowed to leave the campus during school hours... which means she thought I was a freshman, meaning she thought I was 14. Yeah.

Not complaining though, I'd much rather look young than old, haha.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Oh, all the time. Like many people here, I am a young adult who often gets mistaken for a teenager. Like a 16 year old when I'm actually 22. I have an extremely youthful body and face and I am short. But there is another factor...

I am highly sheltered and naive. There are many things that I do not know about the outside world, so I come across as very childish and generally clueless/confused. My maturity level in general is similar to that of a teenager and I get along better with younger people than older ones, whom I tend to have little in common with. I don't even feel like I'm 22, so I don't mind if people treat me like I'm younger. They should, really. Because everything about me, save the amount of years I've lived, is still 16. That probably won't be changing for years to come.

This is only in real life though. On the internet, if my age isn't listed, people tend to think I'm in my 30's because of how eloquently they tell me I speak. As if they believe anyone younger than that wouldn't have anything intelligent to contribute. How rude.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    This is only in real life though. On the internet, if my age isn't listed, people tend to think I'm in my 30's because of how eloquently they tell me I speak. As if they believe anyone younger than that wouldn't have anything intelligent to contribute. How rude.

Well it's like you said, young people are associated with inexperience so many people will take their words lightly.

Years
    My voice is quite deep, so when I talk to people on the phone, they always assume I'm a bit older than I am.

Last edited:
    Years
    People often think I am younger than I am. I'm 27 and get mistaken for early twenties. I dress my age, so it must all come down to my face. I moisturise twice daily and exfoliate so I'd like to think it's because my skin looks youthful. Although in the back of my mind I wonder if it's because I still suffer from acne and people tend to associate that skin condition with younger people...

When I was 18 I got hit on by a bunch of 14 year old guys who thought I was their age. That was awkward.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    eh I think people mostly think I'm my age considering I never really hear any comments about me being any older or younger. at first some people online may mistake me for being older than I am but that illusion quickly shatters when you actually get to talking to me.

Back