• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm 26 years old, not 14!

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I look 10 years younger than I actually am. I'm 24, and I've had people say a different age range as to how old they think I am. Around 12-17 is what I got, whereas most people thought I was 14. It's great knowing that you could be 50 and still only look around 30.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    About two years ago (so I would have been 22), some other customer at an auto repair shop in the early afternoon asked why I wasn't in school. At that point, I had just finished my last course in my computer science degree and had basically graduated (though I don't think I physically had my degree yet). He seemed a bit embarrassed when I told him, but I didn't really care. Well, maybe I cared a little bit, lol. That's probably the most drastically someone has ever guessed my age wrong. Usually most people figure my age correctly, I look about how old I am, I think.

Jayce

x-kid
    Years
    People often think I'm a few years younger, probably thanks to my height (I'm about 5'2"). It can be a little annoying, but not too big a deal. Wearing makeup seems to help though; I've noticed that it's generally when I don't have any makeup on that bus drivers give me a Youth ticket (before they see how much money I actually put into the machine).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    ALL THE ****ING TIME AND IT PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH. I get this almost every day and it really gets on my nerves and the other day, I almost snapped on this man because he took it too far. I can tolerate the stupid jokes to an extent. They all annoy me, even when someone tells me that I look young as a compliment. I just don't take it as such. Yes, I will appreciate it when I'm 40, but I'm not 40 at the moment. I'm a very agitated 22 year old.

Anyway, this man the other day, good LORD. He was ordering dessert and he said he was going to share a slice of cake with his wife and she made some comment about having to share. I said, "Us women don't like to share our desserts" as a joke and he was like "Woman? You aren't a woman! I have shoes older than you!" Well ONE, you need to through your goddamn shoes away. Two, that's so damn rude. It's one thing to tell me I look young and all that. And prior to this incident, he said he thought I was in middle school (which made me pretty mad too), but to say I'm not a woman? That's just too far. I bit my tongue and didn't say what I wanted to say and instead went to the kitchen to rant to everyone in there. They looked scared of me after I finished lol.

ANYWAY. Be careful who you decide to say those things to, because if you find someone like me and say it to them, they are an explosion waiting to happen. It's a pain in the ass to not be treated like my actual age, but as the age people think I look like. That's where most of my frustration comes with this.

Years
    People always get my age wrong and it's really freaking annoying. I get guessed around ten and twelve and I'm in high school! That's highly annoying, especially when I'm still in my school uniform and am wearing the damn high school student I.D.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I have been mistaken for being 15 or 16 whenever I don't have a beard or any facial hair. Which is why I usually keep my beard because I actually look like an adult.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    People always think I'm older, although recently the difference between guessed age and actual age is getting smaller. People been thinking I'm 18 since I was 14, and now I'm 17 people guess me at around 20.

pkmin3033

I haven't really changed in appearance since I was eighteen, and people STILL ask me for ID sometimes...it's aggravating, because I don't have any ID that they would accept. I suppose I don't really look 25, but I would hope I don't look like a teenager to other people...it's quite depressing sometimes. Although I expect when I get older I'll wish people stopped overestimating my age; that happens to my mother quite a bit, and it drives her MAD. xD

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    While I'm at work people will ask, "is it legal for someone so young to be working?" Several coworkers have been surprised to find out that I'm really 23, thinking me to be 17. My mother looks decades younger than she is, and my 38 year old sister looks like a young adult. I guess we just have good genes. I literally look exactly the same as I did when I was 15-16, so I don't take insult to the comments. When the majority of the world would kill to be, or look, younger, I don't really mind the comments at all.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
    I'm 16, but I definitely look older. I get student discounts in places every now and then, and I was once approached by a local politician to whom I had to explain that I'm not even 18 yet, and he still didn't buy it.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I', 21 going on 26 apparently. Always made hitting the bars easier.

Years
    This happens to me all the time. I'm under 5' tall so people regularly think I'm a high school student. I actually just graduated college. It cracks me up.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I am 21 and some people think I am 16 or 18 years old. I don't like to look younger.

Years
    This happens to me all. too. often.
    I'm about to be 20 this month, and I'm commonly mistaken for someone between the ages of 14-17. I'm not sure how to feel about it, but I don't think it's a big deal. At least I'll hopefully still look young when I'm older, haha. I'm kinda short at 5'3" and small in general, and I have kind of a young looking face.
    Doctors often mistake me for 15/16.
    My 100 year old great aunt who's losing her memory looked at me yesterday and thought I was 14, lol.

#20goingon15

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    It's happened so randomly with me with no consistency that I think it really just depends on the particular person and what they consider to be childish/mature features, honestly lol...

It doesn't really happen as much anymore, though. When I was in my mid-teens I was mistaken for a late teens/early 20-something year old, but I guess I've just finally caught up with how I look or something because I never get those "oh, but you look like a # year old!" responses, idk lol.

In my own opinion though, I think I look more like a 17 or 18 year old rather than a 21 year old, but I contribute that to my baby face and my clothing style.

Years
    People usually think I am younger than 22. I have a coworker who thought I was 19. I don't really see it haha. But I havent had anyone think I was older yet.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Someone said I look 12 yesterday.
    I'm almost 15 ;_;

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Well, I kind of forget how this started but there's a joke on the Battle Server where everyone says I'm 12 but I'm really 17 ;( I think it's because I type a lot differently on there - MORE CAPS and stuff like that!!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    No one has commented on how old I look except for Galoria. I'm 22, but I look like I'm in my late 20's due to how my face looks followed by my moustache.

Back