• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm so ashamed of myself

Years
    I JUST YESTERDAY realized the uno/dos/tres connection in Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres's names.

I'm 18.

I've been collecting and playing Pokemon for ten years.

I was Honor roll through high school.

Wow.

So. You guys ever have any of these STUNNING realizations about Pokemon? Names, appearances, etc.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    Whoa, dude! I never knew that before...Awesome!!

also don't feel "bad." Last time I check analyzing pokemon names isn't covered in High school =P

Years
    I realized the thing while I was sleeping. I woke up and I was like ArticUNO, ZapDOS, MolTRES! I had an "OMG IM SUCH A GENIUS" moment.

Lol, it boggles my mind that I just randomly woke up and realized that.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.
    What did you think their names were based off?

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    At one point, I couldn't remember if Barboach and Whiscash were Gen. II Pokemon or Gen III. Same with Corsola, actually. I think there are some other Pokemon that I used to get Generation-Confused, as well... but I can't remember...

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    You... You seriously, thought Misdreavus was from the third generation?

But, but, you could only find Misdreavus in the Lost Cave in the third generation.
    How, how did you come across that idea?

I'm sorry, but that really threw me off. I get Barboach, Whiacash, Corsola, Slugma and Macargo but Misdreavus?

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Don't feel bad - I figured that out a while ago aswell.

The Pokemon Company puts so much thought into their names, it sometimes takes awhile to comprehend it all.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    xD yeah. I didn't play much pokemon then. And I saw Misdreavus on the third gen. games first. Even better; I didn't have an issue with any other pokemon. Except when I was little and couldn't spell (or pronounce) Rattata to save my life.

EDIT: It wasn't an idea, either =/

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Wow I never knew that and I'm learning French in my HighSchool!
    They sound similiar to the French numbers
    Un - 1
    Deux - 2
    Troise - 3

Back