• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm sorry

Elite Four Grimsley

flipping the coin of fate
Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    I used to have a hard time apologizing to others even when I was clearly wrong. I suppose I considered it a sign or weakness; of giving up. Nowadays I don't have a problem with apologizing to someone if I've legitimately done something wrong. I think it's a sign of respect and maturity and courage for that matter. it's not that easy to admit you're wrong!!

Years
  • I surprise myself with how easy I find it to apologise in all honestly, but I still don't do it unless
    a) I genuinely feel I have done the wrong thing
    b) I am totally and utterly terrified of losing the respect/love/etc of the other person

Perhaps not so good, is that I usually feel justified in my actions and there are very few people who I consider important enough to warrant inclusion in reason b. So yeah, apologising isn't that hard, but outside of those circumstances I'm not overly apologetic in my personality.

Note: I'm talking about important apologies, not little inconsequential ones like if you accidentally bump someone going through a crowd.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I don't find it hard to apologize at all, I don't think it's something to do with pride, it doesn't make me feel any worse about myself. I am a bit too quick to apologize sometimes when it comes to, like, myself. Like apologizing for being enthusiastic about something or getting really hyped etc, but that's another thing.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I hate apologizing, even when I know it's my fault. It takes an awful lot of persuading to make me apologize to someone and I know that's a bad thing, but I can't help it. If there's no one to force me to apologize, I usually don't, but if it's for someone whom I love dearly, there's a 10% chance that yes, I will say sorry without anyone having to persuade me.

Kydeka

Bringer of Ground
    Years
  • I live in UK, and apologising is quite an automatic verbal reaction to near enough anything and doesn't really hold true to the original meaning. I find myself and many others around me saying it far too often in that case.
    However, a truly heartfelt "Im Sorry" I find incredibly difficult to say, I always fear that saying it will come across as not enough or not sincere enough. Or even worse come across as sarcastic. ಥ_ಥ

Back