• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Immigration

Do you oppose immigration?

• Yes

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Depends

Votes: 13 33.3%

• Total voters

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
Years
  • Well, then maybe the United States should have more support programs going over to third world Countries. But then again, It's not completely the United States responsibility to have those sort of programs.

If the United States tries to help people's governments with Democracy, which theoretically works the best. People get angry and say that the US is trying to force its views down their throats. If this US does nothing, people will blame the the United States for not fulfilling their roll as the World's Security guard. In all instances, its a catch 22.

I unfortunately have to agree with this post. It isn't our place, nor our issue to help countries that is doing worse than the US. Once, in a video game (Resident Evil 4) the main antagonist said "No longer will the U.S. try to police the world". That one caugt my attention. If they want help, they must ask. If we try to help, as Heatran said, it will seem as if we are forcing our beliefs. If we don't help, we're still the bad guys. At the time, we must concern ourselves only with, um, ourselves.

As the issue of immigrants go, couldn't care less. in fact, the more, the merrier. However, I have less sympathy for illegal immigrants. Like it or not, it's illegal. I'm not the first to say "OMG, ITZ ILLEGAL, STOP!", but on this case, well...

Regardless, recent events made me see illegal immigrants in a better light, however. Still, there isn't much reason that they can't become legal once in the country. I'm gonna sound real cold for a sec.I understand that they might come from a hard life. They might be doing this to support their families. Unfortunate for me to say, that isn't my concern.

As for the whole "DE TUK UR JUBZ!" thing, well, that also annoys me.

I am for it, 100%. If an "illegal" immigrant "took" your job, then they must be more qualified then you, and that is your problem, not theirs. :)

Although, some people may offer to do your job for less money, and yeah that sucks, but it that only means that your job isn't worth much in the first place.

This also caught my attention. It isn't that they are more qualified at all. It's the plain fact that they accept it for money not even livable on in the U.S. That's more appealing, so out I go, in you go.

The second paragragh is just a backwards way of thinking. When you get a job to support the family, then you can say something like that. They wouldn't be so pissed at that if the job wasn't worth it. Very easy to say that if you don't work a real paying job. Plus, it is VERY aggrivating when you work all your life, pay taxes to your country, then some "stranger" mosy on in & Viola! You're replaced! & it's not even that their more qualified, but that they'll work for much less.

Still, we must remember that immigrants are people too. Just looking for a better life. we can all respect that. Then again, so is the average hard-working American. That is why there is so many issues. Immigrants I have no beef with. Illegal immigrants, I have no beef with, but I also have less sympathy for, in a black & white view.

Now, I have a HUUUUUUGE issue with immigrants who come here, then disrepect my country. If you were born here, if you live here, if you pay taxes here (do illegal immigrants pay taxes?) this is your home. Once, some guy was talking to me & my father, a reasonable disscusion. However, he started saying how his country is soo much better, how they have perfect health care, how they have such better things, yada yada yada. My dad & I said the same thing--if your country is so much better, why the hell are you here? Why aren't you there? He was a grown man, the immigrant was, so there was no "I was bought here as a child". That's just stupid.

Well, there's my long rant.

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
  • @Heatran: Actually, the government that theoretically works the best is Communism, everybody is equal, everybody gets paid the same amount. But we all know that never worked out.

I do believe that the US and other powerful countries have the responsibility to help other poorer countries, but not by turning them into a Democracy. Forcing beliefs on a country is different then giving them a house to live in or medicine to survive.

@Sims: What I was *trying* to say in that paragraph, is that if your job requires specific skills then you are less likely to be replaced for someone who will do the job for less money and lacks the skills to do it adequately. If your job requires a degree, then only someone with a degree will take that job. And you don't here many doctors saying "Dey terk er jerbz!"

But I realize that there are people who do not have the money and/or time to get a degree, which just adds a whole other layer to the complexity of the issue.

@ Ranger O'Brien: Ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away, which is the fatal flaw of isolationism; but then again, going to war doesn't either (usually).

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • @Sims: What I was *trying* to say in that paragraph, is that if your job requires specific skills then you are less likely to be replaced for someone who will do the job for less money and lacks the skills to do it adequately. If your job requires a degree, then only someone with a degree will take that job. And you don't here many doctors saying "Dey terk er jerbz!"

But I realize that there are people who do not have the money and/or time to get a degree, which just adds a whole other layer to the complexity of the issue.

@ Ranger O'Brien: Ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away, which is the fatal flaw of isolationism; but then again, going to war doesn't either (usually).

Yeah, I was kinda speaking for the people that, well, get's replaced. That complexity is what gets many people angry. Or something like that, I'm confused.

If a doctor gets replaced, well, good riddance. Scary thought.

Doesn't isolationism turn a culture, I don't know, backwards? Or, in a better word, underdeveloped?

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I see nothing wrong with it unless they come in knowing no English and live off benefits while they are in the country.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2013
    most of our grandparents/great grandparents/great great granparents so on or even our parents or ourselfs immigrated. think about that. even native americans immigrated from russia a long time ago. how can you not like immigration?

At that time Siberia and the Tundra weren't part of Russia, it was Eskimo land.

Enperuto

Lurking Connoisseur
    Years
  • Illegal immigrants don't pay income tax, though they do pay sales tax (but then every body else does as well). That's why some propose a fair tax where income tax is eliminated and sales tax is raised to 30% or something like that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Illegal immigration is definitely not okay in my books, but I'm all for legal immigration~

Rob462

My FC is 4167 5907 8245, Rob
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    Well one thing i know about our country was built on immagration. And freedom was part of it people were able to immagrate to this nation but after we opened up the immagration station in Manhattan we alowed immagration. But this wasn't illegal. Now Beaners also none as mexicans. They hop Rio Grande thinking that they can get an all new fresh start in the USA. But they are illegal and bobody wants to learn their stupid ass language. I learned that over 20% of the people that live in Mexico or Mexico City are in fact illegal in there so called country.

So **** YOU BEANERS
    "In each state there are hookers and pimps i am the pimp you are the hoes get pimp slaped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back