• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In Defence of Bidoof

Years
  • Bidoof has be maligned by many people in this forum because of the way it looks. At first glance it indeed looks odd. However upon closer inspection it looks like a Woodchuck without a tail and it evolutions makes a closer match. The below images show the similarities between a Bidoof and a Woodchuck.

In Defence of Bidoof
    In Defence of Bidoof

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    What exactly is your point, Bidoof is simply a common annoyance in the Pokemon community

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Ummm...Being a chipmunk helps it how? I hate chipmunks, and I hate Bidoof.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • Shouldn't this be in Pokemon General, since it has nothing about in-game stuff, just comparing a Pixel to animals. :P

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • I don't hate Bidoof. Actually, I even like Bidoof!

It's got a great concept- a retarded beaver. And it has a good design with its DERP look. Bidoof is awesome.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I always pegged the Bidoof line as beavers, especially if you look at Bibarel's tail. Maybe a bit long for a beaver but... idk, works for me. They also learn surf, right? Beavers. :B

:( Also Bidoof is freaking awesome, why the hate?

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Shouldn't this be in Pokemon General, since it has nothing about in-game stuff, just comparing a Pixel to animals. :P

And posting on-topic was too much of a burden for you, was it?

Anyways, because of the startling similarities between the Pokémon, Bidoof and the animal, a Woodchuck, the breed that goes by the name of Woodchuck within the animal kingdom is hereby annoying, irritating, depressing and uncool.

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
  • Bidoof just doesn't have much good going for it.

Its not a pokemon I hate, and people bashing it just annots me sometimes, but its not one I'd be defending.

Overall I dislike Bidoof but I don't hate it. I leave that for the evolution, which I dislike even more.

Phoenix_Mew

Trainer of all things adorable
    Years
  • Bidoof is just an annoyance. It's just like Rattata was before I actually started liking the little purple rodent.

Will I ever like Bidoof?

No.

But then again, I don't like MOST of the 4th gen Pokemon.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't mind Bidoof. the pokemon i hate is Tentacool more cos of how often it appears. If it was a choice of which I like more... Well it's Bidoof.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • You want weird? Last time playing through Diamond, after I beat the Elite 4 I went to see which pokemon I needed for the National Dex. One of the ones I had not seen yet was...Tentacool. That's right, I only ran into Tentacruel all the time... (and Wingull, Pelipper, and Golduck...)

Years
  • Hmm...

Bidoof is not that bad. Bibarel is actually part of my PET
    (Pokemon Exploration Team or PErsonal Terminal (Rockman.EXE:P) It makes a great HM Slave along side Raticate (Kanto PET), Linoone (Hoenn PET) .... well you know where i'm going with this....

Years
  • Bidoof is awesome, why all the hatred of the rodent. =3 >=[ Anyway, I called Bidoof a rat without that tail and it looks cuter, Bidoof also does not do evil deeds. ;) =x

Last edited:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Bidoof is awesome. Bibarel is actually one of the strongest Pokemon in the OU metagame- it's bulky, yet extremely powerful, easily capable of taking down Garchomp.

But I bet none of you scrubs knew that. >:(

Back