• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaiato

Captain
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2015
    They reset every midnight. A reason why yours didn't change may be because you changed the time of your DS recently.

No haven't changed it does it reset if your still in the game or do you have to shut it off?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • No haven't changed it does it reset if your still in the game or do you have to shut it off?

Another thing: were you in yesterday's Mirage Spot? If you were, you'll still be in that Mirage Spot if you start the game the next day. If you Soar out, the Mirage Spot will disappear and a new one will replace it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I had a Triple Battle with Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon with a regular Rayquaza. Primal Groudon's Desolate Land overrode Primordial Sea. So how come my Primal Kyogre was still able to use Scald?
    I had Kyogre and Groudon next to each other AND separated with Rayquaza in the middle and I was still able to use Scald with Desolate Land activated.

In Double Battles, Scald evaporated.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I had a Triple Battle with Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon with a regular Rayquaza. Primal Groudon's Desolate Land overrode Primordial Sea. So how come my Primal Kyogre was still able to use Scald?
    I had Kyogre and Groudon next to each other AND separated with Rayquaza in the middle and I was still able to use Scald with Desolate Land activated.

In Double Battles, Scald evaporated.

Rayquaza's Air Lock stops the effects of weather.
    So although the weather itself stays, the effect that stops Water moves is stopped.

Years
  • What trainer rematches give the most money? Obviously there's other factors involved, but I am using Amulet Coin, Happy Hour and using Prize Money O-Power, so knowing that, what trainer rematches give the most money? I know Gentleman Walter just outside Lilycove gives out 60,000 but that's the only one I found.

That's easily the most efficient one. The E4 gives more but is more tedious.

As for Alfieri, unfortunately I'm not familiar on game mechanics in triple battles so can't help you :/

Zaiato

Captain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2015
    Whats more important for mega Charzard x his speed or attack? I have 2 and I got the judge too look at both and 1 has perfect speed and the other has perfect attack but the judge says the one with perfect attack wont be going anywhere with that speed what does this mean? and does it have a huge impact?

Years
  • Whats more important for mega Charzard x his speed or attack? I have 2 and I got the judge too look at both and 1 has perfect speed and the other has perfect attack but the judge says the one with perfect attack wont be going anywhere with that speed what does this mean? and does it have a huge impact?

If the judge said something like "you're not going to get anywhere fast with this low of a Speed stat", it means that Pokémon has a 0 IV in that stat. Which isn't ideal if you're going competitive or even the Battle Maison. But if you're using something like Dragon Dance then it may not be as much a concern if it sets up, at least not in-game although it is a concern if you're on Wi-Fi battles and the like.

Zaiato

Captain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2015
    If the judge said something like "you're not going to get anywhere fast with this low of a Speed stat", it means that Pokémon has a 0 IV in that stat. Which isn't ideal if you're going competitive or even the Battle Maison. But if you're using something like Dragon Dance then it may not be as much a concern if it sets up, at least not in-game although it is a concern if you're on Wi-Fi battles and the like.

So I should use the one with perfect speed IVs then I do plan to use a dragon dance build so that and tough claws should make up for the lack of perfect attack IVs right?

Years
  • So I should use the one with perfect speed IVs then I do plan to use a dragon dance build so that and tough claws should make up for the lack of perfect attack IVs right?

I would say so, being a few points off max Attack isn't too much of a hassle. Admittedly, Charizard's evolution line can be difficult to breed since it has a much higher chance of being male than female...

Years
  • A silly question maybe, but I just got the H!A Serperior from the latest event in Japan and I'm curious as to how I could breed it to ensure that the H!A was passed on?

Zaiato

Captain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2015
    A silly question maybe, but I just got the H!A Serperior from the latest event in Japan and I'm curious as to how I could breed it to ensure that the H!A was passed on?

If its male breed it with a ditto it will have a 20% chance to pass the ability do this until you get a female with the ability, Then just breed the female with the HA with a male of the species and you will have an 80% chance to pass it. Also males can only pass the ability while they breed with dittos but if you have a female with the HA you can skip the ditto step. furthermore breeding a male with the Ha and a female with the HA will not give you a 100% chance to pass it, it will still only be 80%. hope this helps I know it works for me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Does Synchronize's Nature-altering ability apply to Mystery Gift Pokémon like the Shiny Beldum?

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    can you rename traded pokemon or at least change them back to their english name from french/spanish/japanese?

Years
  • I'm not 100% sure but I do believe that this didn't work in Gen 5 because you aren't battling the Pokemon, so it would make sense to remain true for ORAS.

Well I just tested it with an Adamant Gardevoir I have in Omega Ruby. After five attempts, no Adamant nature. So yeah, I don't think it'll work with that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    Nope, traded Pokemon cannot be renamed whatsoever.

well I got a female Mawile and I was wondering if I can breed another Mawile but of course with an english name.
    when in the game and at what level can these guys breed anyways?

Years
  • well I got a female Mawile and I was wondering if I can breed another Mawile but of course with an english name.
    when in the game and at what level can these guys breed anyways?

You can actually breed the Pokemon at any level, assuming they are capable of breeding.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back