• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • well I got a female Mawile and I was wondering if I can breed another Mawile but of course with an english name.
    when in the game and at what level can these guys breed anyways?

You can breed at any level, all you need is either:
    The same pokemon that's a different gender
    A Pokémon that is in the same breeding group, but a different gender
    A ditto
    The Pokémon Daycare (located on the route West of Mauville City or the Battle Resort)

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Speaking of Breeding, I have a question about it.
    If I had a Male Espurr/Meowstic, and a Female Eevee (with Hidden Ability Anticipation), and I bred them together (Both from Field egg group), would I be able to get an Espurr with its Hidden Ability?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Speaking of Breeding, I have a question about it.
    If I had a Male Espurr/Meowstic, and a Female Eevee (with Hidden Ability Anticipation), and I bred them together (Both from Field egg group), would I be able to get an Espurr with its Hidden Ability?

No. Male Pokemon only pass down their DW/Hidden abilities when they're paired with Ditto.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    But, wouldn't the Female Eevee pass down the hidden ability, and the Espurr/Meowsitc would pass down the specie?

With that combination, you won't get Espurr at all, you would always get Eevee.

When you breed, you will always get the lowest stage of the female species. Except with Ditto of course.

Years
  • Why is there 2 pokemon daycare centers?

Well, I can't say anything official, but I'd think the one West of Mauville is there to provide a Day Care to those who haven't completed the story yet, and the one in the Battle Resort is just to make Competitive Breeding easier, since everything is in one place, and the Battle Resort allows you to navigate around while just holding the Up button, and the IV checker is at the Battle Resort as well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    I know this may be a bit of a noob question, but what's the Berry called (the one that increases friendliness but decreases Attack EV) and where can I get it? I got all the others and I just need Attack one to start growing them.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I know this may be a bit of a noob question, but what's the Berry called (the one that increases friendliness but decreases Attack EV) and where can I get it? I got all the others and I just need Attack one to start growing them.

The Berry you're asking for is the Kelpsy Berry. In OR/AS, they can be obtained from the Berry Master, from Kiri (requires Surf to reach in Sootopolis). Kelpsy trees are also growing in Route 115 the first time you reach it; again, you need Surf to reach them.

It can't hurt to check Bulbapedia or Serebii before you ask, though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Need some help with wonder trading guys. last night i did a few wonder trades. but some of the pokemon coming through have JPN which i assume obviously means japan on them. does this mean anything? or change anything? also the DEX number is ??? why isnt it a number? also pokedex only has 200 odd so pokemon yet there are over 700? how come? sorry for the random noob questions just thought i would get them all out the way :P.
    thanks

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    It can't hurt to check Bulbapedia or Serebii before you ask, though.
    I probably would do that, but I literally didn't even know the name of the berry, so I'd probably get nowhere trying to find it, sorry lol
    Need some help with wonder trading guys. last night i did a few wonder trades. but some of the pokemon coming through have JPN which i assume obviously means japan on them. does this mean anything? or change anything?
    It helps if you're gonna breed, as it will increase chances of finding Shinies (Of course, if you're not from Japan)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I know this may be a bit of a noob question, but what's the Berry called (the one that increases friendliness but decreases Attack EV) and where can I get it? I got all the others and I just need Attack one to start growing them.
    There's also a big garden of berries up the stairs just to the left of the Berry Master's house. It has all the EV-reducing berries, contest berries, and super-effective damage lowering berries in it. And once you've picked them, you have all that space to start growing stuff yourself.

Need some help with wonder trading guys. last night i did a few wonder trades. but some of the pokemon coming through have JPN which i assume obviously means japan on them. does this mean anything? or change anything? also the DEX number is ??? why isnt it a number? also pokedex only has 200 odd so pokemon yet there are over 700? how come? sorry for the random noob questions just thought i would get them all out the way :P.
    thanks
    The reason why it's Dex number shows up as ??? instead of an actual number is because it's a Pokemon that is not native to Hoenn; the Pokedex you get at the start of the game only has some of the Pokemon in it. Once you deal with Primal Groudon/Kyogre Birch will upgrade your Pokedex to the National one, which has all 721 Pokemon in it.

Alumens

Dreamer
    Years
  • I just read that the only way to get it is from StreetPass, but I don't know anyone who play the game in my zone, so that means i can't get it... They should have just gave it by WiFi event...

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    can someone help me evolve my Haunter to a Gengar through trade?
    my FC is 3368 3688 0011

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back