• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    How much atk stat is increased with one protein? Cause i used 3 and it only raised it by 1

It depends on the level of your pokemon. Essentially protein isnt raising your atk its raising your attack EV's so if your low level and using it you wont see much gain, also if attack is a weak EV for your pokemon you wont see as much gain as for a stronger stat.

Although not condoning hacking, having something like PKHex software is nice to plan out your EV's by seeing for your pokemons species and nature what EV placement will give you the best return, you can also adjust the level so you can see what gain youll get now against at 100.

Years
    It depends on the level of your pokemon. Essentially protein isnt raising your atk its raising your attack EV's so if your low level and using it you wont see much gain, also if attack is a weak EV for your pokemon you wont see as much gain as for a stronger stat.

Although not condoning hacking, having something like PKHex software is nice to plan out your EV's by seeing for your pokemons species and nature what EV placement will give you the best return, you can also adjust the level so you can see what gain youll get now against at 100.

Well basically i need to raise my lvl 21 calm nature tyrouge atk stat by 2 so it has equal atk and defence. The only ev's i have added to it are the three protiens, so how many more do i need.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Well if 3 added 1 stat then just keeping adding 1 until it goes up again. Its basically trial and error.

Lenin_

"The circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant. I
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2016
    Are there any new pokemons in ORAS?

Been thinking about buying a 3DS alongside Omega ruby, and I was wondering are there any new pokemons from Pokemon X and Y?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Other than the new Mega Evolutions and Primal Kyogre/Groudon (which can't be traded to XY) there aren't any never before seen Pokemon. However, the vast majority of Pokemon in ORAS cannot be caught in XY. I actually made this guide a while ago. Scroll down to "Pokemon that can only be caught or bred in ORAS" to see which are unique to these games.

Merging with Quick Questions thread as well~

Years
    Yes 4 EV's = 1 stat but I wasnt sure how many EV's a protein added.

" ... vitamins give a Pokémon 10 EV points to a stat, only working if the EVs of the stat raised are less than 100, and if the total EVs are less than 510." (bulbapedia,2015)

So if 4 ev points is a stat then why am i only increase by 1 stat with 30 ev's. Its not that i already have 100 evs in atk or else i coudnt have activated the protein and same reason for less then 510 total ev's.

I'm so confused

Years
    But to add to what Altairis said, as far as the main adventure goes, XY does have roughly 2/3 the Pokémon that ORAS does, although if you're talking completing your Pokédex in the post-game then yeah you'll need those games for it, or the GTS.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    " ... vitamins give a Pokémon 10 EV points to a stat, only working if the EVs of the stat raised are less than 100, and if the total EVs are less than 510." (bulbapedia,2015)

So if 4 ev points is a stat then why am i only increase by 1 stat with 30 ev's. Its not that i already have 100 evs in atk or else i coudnt have activated the protein and same reason for less then 510 total ev's.

I'm so confused
    The stats aren't applied like that. EVs basically alter the growth rate of a Pokemon's stats, so your Pokemon will be getting more Attack per level up (or whatever it is you're putting EVs into) than the same species at the same level with the same nature and IVs that doesn't have any EVs in that stat.

Like, let's say you have two Abomasnows. Both have the same nature, 31 IVs in all stats, and are both level 50. The difference is that one has 252 EVs in Special attack while the other has 0. When you check their stats, the one with the EVs will have 144 Sp.Attack, while the one without will have 112 Sp.Attack.

Did that make any sense? I never really thought that I was that good at explaining EVs.....

Years
    Been thinking about buying a 3DS alongside Omega ruby, and I was wondering are there any new pokemons from Pokemon X and Y?

Yes, using the DexNav you can catch pokemon you normally wouldnt be able to in the Hoenn region, including pokemon from the Kalos region. For a full list of pokemon obtainable through the DexNav, (since i cant post links yet) search dexnav on google and go to the serebii link

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    But to add to what Altairis said, as far as the main adventure goes, XY does have roughly 2/3 the Pokémon that ORAS does, although if you're talking completing your Pokédex in the post-game then yeah you'll need those games for it, or the GTS.

Actually, not counting legendaries (since almost all of them are in ORAS, lol!) in X and Y there's only 22 pokemon lines you can't get (but they are in ORAS), wheras in ORAS there's over 100 pokemon lines you can't get (but those are in X and Y) having said that, there are a few pokemon from X and Y (such as Skrelp) that cannot be found in X or Y with their hidden ability, but CAN be found in ORAS (don't remember which one) with their hidden ability via the Dex Nav

I'm so confused

The way it works is that 4EVs per 1 stat point to a maximum of 63 extra stat points is given to a stat by level 100, so at level 50, you would only have around 31 extra stat points (even with maximum EVs) at level 25 only around 15 extra points and so on. The difference may be different depending on the strength of the initial stat (so a pokmeon with low HP may not see as much of a difference in their HP as, say, a Blissey would, but having said that by the time a pokemon is at level 100 they have up to a maximum of 63 extra points in the stat (252 / 4 = 63) so hopefully that makes sense, I may not have worded it clearly enough

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
    I need some assistance understanding this Pokemon Amie thing. I've never done it before, even in X but I need two hearts of affection on my Eevee to evolve it into Sylveon apparently. So I've got one heart but that second one is just not happening. I've played the mini games multiple times, I've done all the petting in places she likes but my biggest stumper is that she won't eat a single freaking pokepuff I give her. I've tried every variety I've gotten and she just looks at it and gets mad. What the heck?

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I need some assistance understanding this Pokemon Amie thing. I've never done it before, even in X but I need two hearts of affection on my Eevee to evolve it into Sylveon apparently. So I've got one heart but that second one is just not happening. I've played the mini games multiple times, I've done all the petting in places she likes but my biggest stumper is that she won't eat a single freaking pokepuff I give her. I've tried every variety I've gotten and she just looks at it and gets mad. What the heck?

In Pokemon-Amie, they have 3 meters, Affection, Enjoyment, and Fullness.
    Enjoyment really isn't important for this, at least I've never had to do anything about it.

Pokemon will not eat if their Fullness is Full, and you can decrease it by playing mini-games.
    This is what I do to get affection up, it may take quite a bit of time depending on how much Affection you want, but since you only need two, it will be easy:
    1. Pet my Pokemon until hearts stop popping up over it's head.
    2. Feed my Pokemon until it won't eat anymore.
    3. Play 2-3 rounds of the Puzzle game (any mini-game will work, that's just the one I'm good at)
    4. Repeat steps 1-3 until you get your desired Affection.

Each Affection level needs a certain amount of hearts, which is received by petting and feeding. The amount of hearts over their head are how many they got. When they dance with a lot of hearts floating around them, that means their Affection went up.
    Here is the chart for the amount of hearts needed for each Affection level.
    Level 1 - 1 Hearts
    Level 2 - 50 Hearts
    Level 3 - 100 Hearts
    Level 4 - 150 Hearts
    Level 5 - 255 Hearts

I hope I was specific enough. :D

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
    @Volga Thanks, that makes a lot of sense of the process and it's been successful for my purpose.
    My favorite is 'Head it'. I'm getting real good, I've gotten up to a 30 hit combo on the hard rank. Though I have yet to successfully hit the big yarn at the end. :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So with the release of the unova and johto starters with their hidden abilities, and the HA Tyrunt from the PGL, does this mean that every breed able pokemon in gen 6 is now available with their hidden abilities except for Amaura/Aurorus? (Note: yes, I know there's pokemon within a certain size range, colour or form variation that can't get their hidden ability, but I'm not talking about those because as a species they do have their hidden ability available even if their particular form does not)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    So with the release of the unova and johto starters with their hidden abilities, and the HA Tyrunt from the PGL, does this mean that every breed able pokemon in gen 6 is now available with their hidden abilities except for Amaura/Aurorus? (Note: yes, I know there's pokemon within a certain size range, colour or form variation that can't get their hidden ability, but I'm not talking about those because as a species they do have their hidden ability available even if their particular form does not)

As of Gen VI and after the PGL Tyrunt event, the only breedable Pokemon without their Dream World/Hidden Ability that's still unreleased is the Amaura line.

Years
    Oh wow really? And aside from that, that does leave Shadow Tag Chandelure as one that will forever be lost in the depths of Gen V's coding. Crazy to believe if that's all of them that are out!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Oh wow really? And aside from that, that does leave Shadow Tag Chandelure as one that will forever be lost in the depths of Gen V's coding. Crazy to believe if that's all of them that are out!

The Chandelure line's DW/Hidden Ability was changed from Shadow Tag to Infiltrator in Gen VI.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back