• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • Alright, thanks, I'm going to try soft reset the game until 5 or 6 IV.

Also, I'm wondering what if I put Hoopa in pokebank then transfer to new reset game. Will I able to get new prison bottle in a new game?

Bulbapedia says that the clerk will appear as long as you have Hoopa in your party, so you should be able to get a new one if you reset.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    What is the Best pokemon/Type to pair with Gastly/Haunter/Gengar?

I wanted to put my Ghastly with a Pokemon buddy but what is the best Pokemon/type that will help with the Pokemon Gastlys are weak against. Can someone please help?

Years
  • I wanted to put my Ghastly with a Pokemon buddy but what is the best Pokemon/type that will help with the Pokemon Gastlys are weak against. Can someone please help?

Gastly line's main weaknesses are Dark, Ghost and Psychic. It's not weak to Ground due to Levitate. Looking at what Caliber mentioned, a Bug-type can actually compliment it well in this case.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Yes, you can use the pokemon bank when you start a new game, but pokemon that have higher level and without a badge won't obey you though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Am I really bad at counting or does Rest actually last effectively for THREE turns, not two? I have just started using a Snorlax and upon using rest (at the end of the current turn) it sleeps for the next turn, the turn after that, and then doesn't wake up until the end of the turn after that, so even if it was on a faster pokemon, it would fall asleep the current turn, endure an attack, stay asleep the following turn, stay asleep the turn after that and then wake up the beginning of the turn after that, so am I getting that right? Cause I'll certainly be altering my plan if no matter what (short of a berry) I have to endure THREE turns of attacks instead of the TWO the move description claims.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Am I really bad at counting or does Rest actually last effectively for THREE turns, not two? I have just started using a Snorlax and upon using rest (at the end of the current turn) it sleeps for the next turn, the turn after that, and then doesn't wake up until the end of the turn after that, so even if it was on a faster pokemon, it would fall asleep the current turn, endure an attack, stay asleep the following turn, stay asleep the turn after that and then wake up the beginning of the turn after that, so am I getting that right? Cause I'll certainly be altering my plan if no matter what (short of a berry) I have to endure THREE turns of attacks instead of the TWO the move description claims.

The turn you use rest doesn't count as a sleep turn, since you had to be awake in order to use the move. But yea, ever since gen 2, you're open to attacks for 3 turns without dealing any damage in return :/

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Was told to post my question here, so here goes, on my OR game when I go to use the bank there is no box 31, I have 2 OR games and it only does it on 1 of them, any ideas?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Was told to post my question here, so here goes, on my OR game when I go to use the bank there is no box 31, I have 2 OR games and it only does it on 1 of them, any ideas?

You have to have at leat one pokemon in every one of the previous 30 boxes in order for the 31st box to show up, and if OR is anything like X and Y, you also need to have gotten a specific legendary (in X and Y you need to have gotten Xerneas or Yveltal before the 31st box will open up, so OR may be the same way, requiring you to have gotten a specific legendary before the 31st box opens up) in order to prevent teh chance that all 31 boxes, battle box AND your party is full which would prevent you from getting a non optional story pokemon, not being able to deposit it anywhere (since literally every spot is filled and you can't release pokemon from this screen) and locking the game

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • You have to have at leat one pokemon in every one of the previous 30 boxes in order for the 31st box to show up, and if OR is anything like X and Y, you also need to have gotten a specific legendary (in X and Y you need to have gotten Xerneas or Yveltal before the 31st box will open up, so OR may be the same way, requiring you to have gotten a specific legendary before the 31st box opens up) in order to prevent teh chance that all 31 boxes, battle box AND your party is full which would prevent you from getting a non optional story pokemon, not being able to deposit it anywhere (since literally every spot is filled and you can't release pokemon from this screen) and locking the game

I have at least 25 or more pokes in 31, I know i finished the game, would you know which legend it would be? I thought I got them all.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I have at least 25 or more pokes in 31, I know i finished the game, would you know which legend it would be? I thought I got them all.

Oh I have no idea, I was only surmizing as I know for sure that's a requirement in X and Y so I thought maybe it could be the same in ORAS. I would imagine, IF it is a requirement, that it would be Rayquaza or Deoxys, because Rayquaza is definitely a story requirement.

EDIT: Yep, looks like I was right, you need to catch Rayquaza before the 31st box becomes available: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/70735124

Last edited:

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Oh I have no idea, I was only surmizing as I know for sure that's a requirement in X and Y so I thought maybe it could be the same in ORAS. I would imagine, IF it is a requirement, that it would be Rayquaza or Deoxys, because Rayquaza is definitely a story requirement.

EDIT: Yep, looks like I was right, you need to catch Rayquaza before the 31st box becomes available: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/792673-pokemon-omega-ruby/70735124

Thanks, I thought I caught him, may need to go check again.

GlitchyShadowZ

Great Supremacy Of The Garchomp Legion
    Years
  • Moveset for snorlax??

I have Leftovers and a Immunity Ability, Outstanding 5 IVs, HP, SpDef, Def, Atk, SpAtk

My moves now:

Rest
    Crunch
    Belly Drum
    Amnesia

Is this a good moveset? I also Ev'd it in: Mostly Spdef, then HP, then ATK, then Defense.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Moveset for snorlax??

I have Leftovers and a Immunity Ability, Outstanding 5 IVs, HP, SpDef, Def, Atk, SpAtk

My moves now:

Rest
    Crunch
    Belly Drum
    Amnesia

Is this a good moveset? I also Ev'd it in: Mostly Spdef, then HP, then ATK, then Defense.

I'm not sure if you intend to use this Snorlax for in-game use or for competitive use considering you have EVs and IVs listed, but for in-game you can get by with a pretty basic all-out attacking set like:

- Body Slam/Return
    - Earthquake
    - Crunch
    - Power-Up Punch

If you are looking for something competitive, you'll find more help here.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Oh I have no idea, I was only surmizing as I know for sure that's a requirement in X and Y so I thought maybe it could be the same in ORAS. I would imagine, IF it is a requirement, that it would be Rayquaza or Deoxys, because Rayquaza is definitely a story requirement.

I have a rayquaza in box 27 and box 31 still not showing up, any more ideas?

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • You need to have at least one Pokemon in all the boxes and have caught Rayquaza during the Delta Episode. Make sure you meet both requirements.

The rayquaza has my ID and last night I put a zigzagoon in every box and went to the bank and still not there, it's really confusing me, never had this happen before.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back