• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Well I had pretty much exactly the same team as you at one point, (minus snorlax), and ill tell you what I did.
    Got rid of talonflame first (around lv 45) - I found it weak and never used it, apart from fly. But which got replaced by trapinch --> Flygon. Which was much better.
    I then removed Chesnaught, same problem really, apart from maybe the "aesthetics" of my team. I didnt really like using him.
    I replaced him with Rhyhorn ---> Rhyperior, wich has been invaluable.

Now im at the end of the game, and im collecting and training all my favourite/rare/interesting pokemon. And Aegislash (honedges evolution) is part of that collection. His types are really interesting and he is quite tough, not to mention badass looking and rare-ish too.

Hawlucha is a no go for me, it doesnt evolve, and I can imagine he would get weak really fast at higher levels.
    But there is one thing I have not said, tyrunt --> Tyrantrum was in my team all along, and was very nice to use. The only disadvantage is his rock type which can get one-shotted alot of the time. But he is a very nice addition.

But if you have the exp share, dont be afraid to adopt and change out some of your team if you meet a rare or desirable pokemon, they level up to the others level and become part of your team in no time :)

Hope I helped !!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    Hiya, not trying to annoy anyone here but my thread got moved, and I understand why, but I am yet to receive an answer still. I imagine its because it got moved after a bunch of comments so has been lost in the back pages, but would really appreciate an answer soon as I want to confirm my feraligatrs nature before I go too far lol

thank you in advance

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Thanks to everyone who helped me out. I'll take your suggestion and keep Honedge, which already evolved into Doublade and helped me catch a shiny Luvdisc (first 3D shiny yay!) and I'll take Fletchinder for flame body.

As for Chesnaught and Snorlax, you should try them out in wifi battles. For one Chesnaught's spiky shield is just an upgraded protect which pleases me very much and on the other hand, Snorlax can take a flamethrower from a Mega-Charizard Y like a beast. His Sp. Def is so high...

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2014
    Is this a good team to use for the Elite 4

Venusaur
    Razor Leaf
    Sleep Powder
    Frenzy Plant
    Synthisis

Arcanine
    Fire Blast
    Extreme Speed
    Sunny Day
    Hyper Beam

Lapras
    Surf
    Psychic
    Confuse Ray
    Ice Beam

Nidoking
    Earthquake
    Brick Break
    Mega Horn
    Stone Edge

Pidgeot
    Arial Ace
    Steel Wing
    Fly
    Return

Alakasam
    Phychic
    Recover
    Calm Mind
    Thief

SnailCandy

Bass Dropper
    Years
  • It looks like a pretty solid team. Just be warned that the pokemon you have that take advantage of Lorelei's type weaknesses are all also weak to her pokemon themselves. :/ Oh, and Bruno's Hitmonchan has the Elemental Punches, but it's HP and Defense are pretty abysmal, so it shouldn't take more than a Fly to drop him (or her if I remember correctly...Probably not! XD). Other than that, you shouldn't have a problem! If you still have it, I'd recommend giving Nidoking Sludge Bomb over Brick Break. C:

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • A small tip. If you had Charizard l, usually just having it at 100 knowing flamethrower. Dragon claw. Fly. And wing attack and you can beat the elite4 without switching out. But have xp share on another pkmn

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's a nice team, in my opinion. If I were to make changes to it though, only thing I would do is remove Arcanine's Hyper Beam. Hyper Beam is quite a powerful attack, but it makes you unable to move the next turn, leaving you completely open to your opponent. What would I put in its place? Crunch, maybe. Either that, or Iron Tail. Both are okay moves, so you should be fine with any. (:

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • Great team. But i would change it a bit. cause your Aircane's Sunnyday will be in no use as its raise fire types moves attack but you only has fire blast which only has 5 PP and after it finish sunny day will be a junk. so you better remove your hyper beam with either Flamethrower or Overheat or any strong fire type. Why hyper beam to remove ? cause it only has 5 pp and but its strong but after no PP its useless you know, So take a move that atleast has 10 pp Am.. i think Flamethrower is best. Your Venusaur only has one move that focus in attack ( i mean it attacks the opponent) But all the three moves aren't too good. If you remove Sythness and add something like Mega drain it will help you agianst Ground type. And Nidoking and Lapras are too strong and enough to beat some members. But Alkazam is a very bad choice. Its defense is tooooo low. Moveset is good but it will gonna run out from the battle field soon. so better Alter your Alakzam with another strong Pokemon. And Pidgeot's Moveset is also good but this Pokemon will help you against Grass type. But it will become a Junk against Bruno's Rock type (The 2nd league member sorry if mistake the name) anyway just alter and correct what i said an other PC User will say. I hope you can beat all the E4 easily best of luck.

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
    Years
  • Shadow Ball Dilemna

Okay so after just having beaten Morty and gotten shadow ball, should I teach it to My Miltank or my Golbat?

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    Okay so after just having beaten Morty and gotten shadow ball, should I teach it to My Miltank or my Golbat?

Neither, if I'm not mistaken they're both Physically offensive Pokemon so it'd be a waste :).

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    I just bought SoulSilver and i came up with this team in my mind:

Typhlosion
    -Lava Plume
    -Sunny Day
    -Solarbeam
    -Strenght/Rock Climb or something, i dont know...

I really love Feraligatr but i decided to choose Typhlosion 'cause i love
    Gyarados even more :p
    -Ice Fang
    -Dragon Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Earthquake

edit: I don't know if i'll switch gyarados with kingdra

Tyranitar
    -Crunch
    -Aerial Ace
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake

Skarmory
    -Spikes
    -Fly
    -Steel Wing
    -Roost

And i don't know about the rest... I thought that Dragonite would be so cool, but is there too many flying types then? And what do you guys think about those movesets? What pokemon should i add? And yeah you can suggest trade-evolved pokemon cause i don't play with an emulator.. Well i said that i bought it right in the beginning... idk

Last edited:

Chefboyartoro

Chef of the S.S. Anne
    Years
  • Am I ready for the league? (Y version)

This team has pretty much whooped butt from the git-go! I've had these guys since Cyllage City.

Mienshao(terrible defense, i know, but i lucked out on an adamant one)
    lvl 62
    -High Jump Kick
    -Drain Punch
    -Power-Up Punch
    -Fake out

Venusaur
    lvl 59
    -Toxic
    -Petal Blizzard
    -Leech Seed
    -Venoshock

Talonflame
    lvl 60
    -Fly
    -Flame Charge (the hex girl in anistar hasnt given me flamethrower yet -____- )
    -Tailwind
    -Acrobatics

Greninja
    lvl 59
    -Water Pulse
    -Surf
    -Smack Down
    -Extrasensory

Tyrantrum
    lvl 59
    -Strength
    -Dragon Claw
    -Crunch
    -Earthquake

Jolteon
    lvl 58
    -Thunderbolt
    -Discharge
    -Thunder
    -Bite

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    Best thing to do with a Timid Charizard?

I just hatched a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid Charmander...
    I'm planning for it to be my Mega Charizard Y, so hold items are out of the question...
    So, I'm asking, what is the best moveset and EV spread for such a Charizard?

Thanks in advance.

Universal

Musician
    Years
  • I would say:

Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    Solar Beam
    Air Slash
    xxxx

There's no Dragon Pulse sadly at the moment which would've completed the moveset.

Does it have any egg moves?

Also for EV's I would say 4 Hp/252 Sp Atk/252 Speed Although you can take some from Sp atk and add that to HP

Are you aware of what Hidden Power type it is?

Skybro

Pure Epicness.
    Years
  • Mega Charizard Y huh...
    Give it the same EV spread and the same moveset as Mercyful Fate recommended but if it doesn't have a good hidden power type,you can give it roost or roar for those annoying baton pass teams.

If you had X,I could've given you a better moveset but that's that.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    This team has pretty much whooped butt from the git-go! I've had these guys since Cyllage City.

Mienshao(terrible defense, i know, but i lucked out on an adamant one)
    lvl 62
    -High Jump Kick
    -Drain Punch
    -Power-Up Punch
    -Fake out

Venusaur
    lvl 59
    -Toxic
    -Petal Blizzard
    -Leech Seed
    -Venoshock

Talonflame
    lvl 60
    -Fly
    -Flame Charge (the hex girl in anistar hasnt given me flamethrower yet -____- )
    -Tailwind
    -Acrobatics

Greninja
    lvl 59
    -Water Pulse
    -Surf
    -Smack Down
    -Extrasensory

Tyrantrum
    lvl 59
    -Strength
    -Dragon Claw
    -Crunch
    -Earthquake

Jolteon
    lvl 58
    -Thunderbolt
    -Discharge
    -Thunder
    -Bite
    Why does your Mienshao have three Fighting-type moves? You should replace one or two of them with moves of different types.

For Jolteon, you should replace Bite with Shadow Ball, because its Attack stat isn't very good, whereas its Special Attack is.

Chefboyartoro

Chef of the S.S. Anne
    Years
  • Why does your Mienshao have three Fighting-type moves? You should replace one or two of them with moves of different types.

For Jolteon, you should replace Bite with Shadow Ball, because its Attack stat isn't very good, whereas its Special Attack is.

hahah dude i don't have shadow ball yet :/

drain punch gives me HP
    power up punch gives me more attack
    and hjk just completely owns

i actually tried posting this as a thread asking if i was ready for the league, but it was moved here. what do you suggest i remove/teach on Mienshao?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    You should probably keep High Jump Kick and replace the rest. Replace them with U-Turn, Stone Edge, and Hidden Power Ice. If you don't like Hidden Power, then go with Aerial Ace. For EV spread, try 252 Atk, 4 SpA, and 252 Spe. Also, make sure that its nature is either Naive or Hasty! With this set, you should be able to cause a lot of destruction—I'm sure. n__n

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back