• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In Rememberance of the 9/11 attacks...

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
Years
  • I remove my cap to every one of those "Heroes of the Day" that climbed those stairs in those towers, attacked the hijackers on that plane, and rescued those in the Pentagon.

I don't remember mch that day...but I do.

I woke up that morning...I was in grade 5. I heard on the radio something about two towers on fire. Something about hijacked planes. I didn't know what that meant. I thought it was just a big accident.

We went to mom's store cuz my sister had to get her hair done. Mom said she saw the second plane hit. I am sort of glad I didn't see the second crash live. We watched the chaos on the television. I was just sort of in awe, that this was actually happening.

Honestly, some of me was throbbing with excitement...I don't know why. I didn't fully understand the evil behind this attack...until later that night. But that morning, I was sorta thinking. "Wow, America is under attack? Let's kick butt! Hell Yeah!" I deeply regret thinkig that now...

There was a lot of talk in skool that day about the terrorist attacks...

That night, I wanted to watch the news. Hell, I wanted to see the news during the duration of the day. Mom jus told me to go do my homework. I only heard that the towers were destroyed, and a lot were dead.

Over the years, I began to study the attacks, reading books, and such. I even watched the documentary...filmed by one of the fire departments that day.
    The documentary is simply called 9/11. It was originally supposed to be a documentary on how to be a fire-fighter...for rookies.

The morning of 9/11/01, the camera man was in the street, the fire department was checking in on a reported odor of gas. Out in that street, you heard the first plane fly over. The camera man turned and captured the only known footage of the first plane crashing into tower 1.

The fireedepartment answered immediatly. This is also the only known footage of the events INSIDE the towers that day...begining...to end.

A very powerful documentary.

Years later, I anger at America and the big deal it makes about 9/11. It's a tragedy, not a national conspiracy. I hate it when people bring up the damn sayings "Bush did it." "The Towers were demolished." I jsut wanna shout SHUT THE **** UP! I just can't believe that American citizens would make some conspracy theory out of a national tragedy. It's almost as disgusting as the Columbine Super Massacre RPG (a game made by a man in Utah where you play one of the Columbine High School shooters).

People just don't always want to understand the truth that exists...

God Bless America.

I made these about a year ago if your interested...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idJJZlmrJlE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ98hlSboIE

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Amen dude, you said it all. We should all make a point tomorrow to take a moment and remember 9/11 and the lives lost that day.

I like the videos too, they were very well made. Nice job =P

Years
  • Yeah...

Amen dude, you said it all. We should all make a point tomorrow to take a moment and remember 9/11 and the lives lost that day.

I like the videos too, they were very well made. Nice job =P

We could make this as the official PC Remembrance thread... I am just sad that some people still believe it's some kind of conspiracy. It was a National Tragedy. But you do have to remember the British also went through something like this, day and night during the Battle of Britain in 1940.

Me I still remember this day like it was yesterday. I was back in the Philippines, back in Third Grade... it was night time...My grandmother was helping me with my Homework and studying. Then the phone rang. Iy was my aunt on the other line...She said turn on the TV...Go to the CNN channel (Lucky we had cable in the Philippines back then.) We tuned to CNN and saw the Horror...We saw live the Second Twin Tower get hit...we kept on watching and found out that the Pentagon was also hit, with another plane crash landing in a field on Pennsylvania....I didn't know the true impact of that history Shattering moment till later on in my life...possibly because we just went through an Impeachment trial (Which ousted the President) in the Philippines and had enough of history making moments.

Then for a few days I remember flipping through different channels even foreign language channels (Japanese, Chinese, etc) which only had either a clip, schematics, etc. of the event...even our local news blared about the event...

Edit: I watched the videos...Brings out so much emotions especially the quotes...But the front page of the Shanghai Star disturbed me in the end of the second video...It asked kind of like the wrong question it said things like "Icons of American might" and "...as the world waits for the reaction of the Superpower..." but that's just probably me....

Last edited:

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
    Years
  • That day was really scary.. I was in the sixth grade, and my teacher got a phone call, so she turned on the tv, and we saw the second tower get hit, and then our school went into lockdown (like the terrorists would want to attack my school..) and that's all we did all day.. It was so scary

The videos are really well made, good job! I like them

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
  • I'm dedicating my channel broadcast tomorrow to those that were lost...and replacing the Legend of Mana music with the Song of Healing. (I would've put a clip of God Bless the USA on there, but I don't have that song)

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • I remember that day...
    ..I was in first grade. I had my backpack over my shoulder before going to school and was walking into the living room and heard a guy on the news talking about what he had seen... then I saw videos of the buildings tumbling down. It surprised me, but I kinda shrugged it off, and went through my day (I was only in 1st grade) then when I got home my grandma explained it to me.

The ironic thing is, my anniversary with my boyfriend is tomorrow, too.

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • I was in the 7th grade... my mom woke me up and told me that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center (which i had no idea what those were at the time). And as I was watching the tv, I saw the second plane just crash into the tower... Horrific moment for a kid to see. I just remember being so angry and wanting to stop those who hurt innocent people, and then feeling totally powerless to do so at that age.

So to all those who perished on that day, here's to you **raises glass in salute**

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • I was in 6th grade, I was home sick watching the news and I was crying because my uncle was in that part. That burned. We're going to the pentagon tomorrow to see the bench dedicated to him when the memorial opens. I hope all the people who died are there in heaven, happy that we all have a place in our hearts for them, even though we have never met them.

Years
  • I was in 1st grade, but I didn't go to 1st grade until that october. I was in Queens, NY that day I think, and I was in an apartment for something, and when I heard the twin towers collapsed I kept watching the news for more news. then I watched out my window to see the towers far away going down I think.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
  • I was in 6th grade, I was home sick watching the news and I was crying because my uncle was in that part. That burned. We're going to the pentagon tomorrow to see the bench dedicated to him when the memorial opens. I hope all the people who died are there in heaven, happy that we all have a place in our hearts for them, even though we have never met them.

My deepest sympathies...sorry...

The Song I referenced above "Hero of the Day" actually fits the fire fighters.

It's Metallica, and the song talks about how we view heroes on the television of sports or whatever, then they go on to talk about how the real heroes are the ordinary people in the ordinary life that do ordinary things...

Another thing that made me really happy was a political cartoon (well technically it was) but not satirical.

It said who's your favorite hero?
    The three choices were
    Batman
    Superman
    The NY Fire Department

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I remember this day very well. I was in second grade and we were about to go to music class. My teacher told us when we were in line that "some very bad people did some very bad things."

I didn't understand it then but it's really kind of weird how I remember given that. Really one of the saddest days in world history.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • It happened when I was in third grade, and I definitely wasn't as scared as I should have been, seeing as I live only twenty minutes away from the Pentagon. No one in my class really understood what was happening, even though we had all seen the footage. There was a friend of mine in that class whose father had almost gone on one of the flights, I don't remember which one, though. For weeks after it happened, there were fighter jets flying low over my neighborhood.

We should never forget what happened then, and we should always remember to keep the families of the victims in our prayers.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Its kind of said to see some of those ignorant comments toward your video on youtube with all there bs conspiracy theories like the goverment planned to do that and kill all those innocent people.I remember that day when I was in 6th grade and in between classes it was strange cause all the teachers were all huddled up talking seriously I was wondering there must be something wrong then when class started next hour the teacher was explaning what happen and turn the tv to some news station then a few mintutes after he turned the tv on the second plan hit.Im think is this serious I must be dreaming this cant be happening.

sandcrawler

slacking off in my spare time.
    Years
  • What's crazy is that there were a good chunk of people who (gratefully) missed their flights that day. Maybe it was just more noticeable because it was it was 9/11.

I wasn't horribly desensitized to it. When I came home from elementary school that day my dad was in the car and all "Hey sandcrawler, did ya hear? The twin towers were attacked." It was real blunt and all over the news anyways.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I remember hearing about it in my first week of high school, during Art class. My teacher had said that there had been some attacks in the United States. Later that day my school had a moment of silence for them.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • I was in first grade when this happened.

I remember I was bending down for paper, and the prinipal and vice principal and so other guy I don't remember... were there to tell us what happened.

I, however, stayed in bending down position all throughout until they told me to get up. XD

Thank god I didn't have any corcerns about my family members.The one thing I remember clearly was that it was on the news for DAYS.

It got boring for me. (OMG, I KNOW, I'M A TERRIBLE PERSON! BUT GIVE ME SOME SLACK! I WAS ONLY 6!)

But I feel sorry for all who died in the attack.
    hopefully thier souls are doing... ya know, stuff. stuff that makes them happy. Like golf. or parcheesy.or maybe scrabble- you get my point.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I strongly believe that 9/11 was an inside job by the American government itself, so I have no respect for America and it's government, and no pity for what happened to the Twin Towers and Pentagon. America's government is just sick.

However, I do feel pity for all those who had to die in that "tragedy". Your government sure screwed you over this time, didn't it?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Im sure your goverment is the ideal government.What logic would there be for the government to attack there own buildings?

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Im sure your goverment is the ideal government.What logic would there be for the government to attack there own buildings?

Every government is corrupt, my friend.

The government doesn't need logic. It does things it feels it has to do to accomplish things. Listen, the government staged this "terrorism" just to start a war in Iraq and claim it right by labeling it "The War on Terror". It also did it for economical gain and to take away civil liberties.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I strongly believe that 9/11 was an inside job by the American government itself, so I have no respect for America and it's government, and no pity for what happened to the Twin Towers and Pentagon. America's government is just sick.

However, I do feel pity for all those who had to die in that "tragedy". Your government sure screwed you over this time, didn't it?

Yeah....don't post in this thread if you're going to say stuff like that. It's ignorant and stupid for anyone to think that 9/11 was an inside job. In case you didn't notice, this thread is trying to be respectful towards a national tragedy, and we don't need people like you posting your twisted beliefs. Please and thank you.

Back