• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In school, what kind of people did you sit with at lunch?

Years
    • Seen today
    My lunch is scheduled at an odd time this year, when I get lunch, the cafeteria is almost empty, so I'm usually alone. I don't mind it that much

I've thought of the question- What kinds of people did you sit with at lunch?

Years
  • Back in grade school, I didn't sit with anybody. I was a loner, so I tried to sit by myself as much as possible, really. :c

... Interestingly how this habit carried all the way through college. Idk, I just don't have people to eat with and I prefer to eat alone, anyway.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • In elementary, i literally just sat with people in my class (cause i had to), in middle school, in 6th grade, i sat with a few people, that most likely pitied me. sometimes i sat alone. in 7th and 8th grade, i sat with friends i had. in 9th grade, for at least 2 or 3 months, i sat alone. then i told my counselor about it and she forced some 12th graders to sit with me until i found someone else to sit with. in the first half of 10th grade, when i still went to public school, i sat with a few friends i had.

in the second half of 10th grade all the way to 12th grade, when i transferred to an alternative private school, since my school was so small we didn't have a cafeteria, i sat with various classes in various grades. it was only about 6 or 7 people per grade so it wasn't that bad. i quite enjoyed it. i mostly sat with the 9th graders, or 11th graders. i miss it.

in college, now, i mostly sit alone in my art teacher's classroom whenever i can eat there, or i sit alone in the cafeteria. it's very lonely, but it's whatever.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I usually just sit with the same people who I've been friends with since elementary and middle school. Though this semester I'm with a brand new set of people since unfortunate scheduling has left me alone.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • i sat by myself up until high school because nobody liked me. honest to god i was the joke of the whole school.

i finally found some friends in high school though and i would sit with them.

Bay

Years
  • In middle school I would eat with friends or classmates I know. Ninth and tenth grade because of different lunch schedules from my friends I would either eat alone or with people I know from the couple clubs I joined. It wasn't until eleventh grade I was able to eat with my friends.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • Whoever let me... nah actually our hangout (our corner of the quad) was probably the biggest in terms of numbers, most of our classmates would stop by. I had the same small group of friends all through high school.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I have a thing with eating alone, I really can't do it. I always ate with my friendgroups, and at uni when I wouldn't have anybody to eat with I'd honestly rather skip lunch or have something small as I go than sit down alone.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    High school lunch was great, because somehow there were 4 of us who had the same lunch period all four years, and that table was a blast. It was the stuff of legends. Hell, someone even lit a firecracker under our table one year and got arrested.

Years
    • Seen today
    I have a thing with eating alone, I really can't do it. I always ate with my friendgroups, and at uni when I wouldn't have anybody to eat with I'd honestly rather skip lunch or have something small as I go than sit down alone.

I have this problem. I'll sit with a group I don't know before I sit by myself. I don't have a choice this year, but some days I find a teacher who's on a planning period and I eat in their classroom.

I always sat with neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrdssssssss. :D

I did this last year, and it was the most fun I've ever had at school. None of them enjoyed talking, so I got to lead conversations, start arguments, or do whatever. The majority at the table were upper class and have graduated, now I miss them.

One guy actually came up to our table, said "fucking nerds" and walked away. It was more funny than offending.

Last edited:

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • In elementary school, we had to sit with our classes, and depending on the grade/school (I attended a few schools during the first few years of school), I'd either get to participate in conversations or not. After 7th grade, my middle school got rid of class tables and you could go wherever. This sucked for me as I didn't have any close friends at that point and got "voted off" from the table my few "friends" occupied. In high school, I ate at home a lot, which was a huge step up. When I stayed at school, I'd eat in a teacher's classroom, with some better friends, or by myself.

Being a socially awkward, timid, fat girl did nothing to help my social situation throughout the grades...

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I sit with my friends, and if I cant sit with them for some reason, then I sit with other guys in my grade even if I dont know them well. I'm also friends with some Juniors, so Ill sit with them as well. But I prefer eating lunch with my closer friends. I dont like sitting alone. There really isnt a reason to.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    how am i meant to remember school? pretty sure i didn't even eat lunch actually

i'd sit with you guys. until you gave me a reason not to.

Find another outcast to sit with. There's more than one.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    until middle school I had to sit with my class. in middle school i sat with the same table of friends for most of the duration, but i would sit with other friend groups once in awhile. In highschool my lunch was different everyday so i just sat with the closest people i knew.

Back