• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In the midnight hour, she cries because she's sad and alone and just a little pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    That looks delicious. Speaking of portion size, my bf took me to a chinese place recently that for like, 8 bucks, you got a huge plate of whatever entree you wanted, plus rice and chow mein. And I am talking like, huge and deep and piled was this plate of food. I swear, I don't know HOW they stay in business.

Oh my god.. $8?

Something like that here would be at least $13. xD;

Then again there are grocery stores around here where you pay $8 for two vegetables, so..

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I wish I could buy my partner things like that… unfortunately her parents don't like having things mailed to her so all I can really do is buy her things that hold online, e.g. donorship and whatnot. That'll change, soon enough though. In time c:

Sir Codin

Too bad most Chinese places in America aren't even real Chinese...they're watered down Americanized posers.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Too bad most Chinese places in America aren't even real Chinese...they're watered down Americanized posers.

Depends on how you look at it...Americanized Chinese isn't inherently bad, it's just different from Chinese food in China. I like them both so to me there's nothing wrong with an American twist on Chinese food. :)

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Oh my god.. $8?

Something like that here would be at least $13. xD;

Then again there are grocery stores around here where you pay $8 for two vegetables, so..

I could do a lot of damage at a china place for only 8 dollars.... good lord, come find me wondrously cheap chinese food place.

That's what I was thinking! I paid for me and the bf with a twenty and got back change and was amazed at the whole scenario.

Come to Northern California guys haha!

Sir Codin

Depends on how you look at it...Americanized Chinese isn't inherently bad, it's just different from Chinese food in China. I like them both so to me there's nothing wrong with an American twist on Chinese food. :)
    Never said said it was bad, hell I love Americanized potstickers.

Just saying it often times isn't authentic.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Never said said it was bad, hell I love Americanized potstickers.

Just saying it often times isn't authentic.

But...you said "too bad". So you kinda did.

Once I went to a Chinese restaurant with my mother's coworker who was a Chinese immigrant and he had us eat snails right from the shell. Weird, but very very good.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    ohmygoddd

I wish I that liked spring rolls more than I do. xD;

I've only had them once, and they were interesting. Pretty sure I ate two or three of them, but I didn't like their texture enough to eat them on any normal basis. x w x

i can eat a heck ton of lo mien to make up for it, though..

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    We talkin' about egg rolls, or spring rolls?

They are different things, and egg rolls are okay to me, but actual spring rolls are.. kinda stretchy, and have this weird texture.. XD; idk maybe I'm weird.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • We talkin' about egg rolls, or spring rolls?

They are different things, and egg rolls are okay to me, but actual spring rolls are.. kinda stretchy, and have this weird texture.. XD; idk maybe I'm weird.

Rice paper wrapper for spring roll versus egg noodle, but it's fried regardless. Should be crisp, not stretchy

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Rice paper wrapper for spring roll versus egg noodle, but it's fried regardless. Should be crisp, not stretchy

Hahahah, maybe that's why I didn't entirely like the spring rolls that I had..

The wrapper had a stretchy / soft texture instead of being crispy, and the insides contained way more green veggies than eggs rolls. Also the dipping sauce they gave us was different than the ones they handed out with the egg rolls. In general they were two completely different flavors. @w@ Though, I was at a pricey Tai restaurant, and their spring rolls might differ from Chinese restaurants. Not sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back