• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In the midnight hour, she cries because she's sad and alone and just a little pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • I LOVE riding my bike. My dad wants to get me my bike since I moved so I can ride around, and there are TONS of places to go to since I started living in Security. :3

I also ride with my shirt off ftw~

Shadow Sneak Sableye

Bright Beauty ♥
    Years
  • I rollerblade when it's nice on weekends. I used to walk all the time, but with my odd hours at my job, and them randomly calling me in on my days off make it hard to do very much in long periods of time

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
  • Ah, bike riding! I haven't done so in a while, but when it gets warmer I'm planning too. Right now though, my bike is sitting around and catching dust. :/

Yeah, usually I ride my bike around this long dead end street near my aunt's house that gets zero traffic bar whoever's going back to their house. There's also a really large dirt clearing near the waterfront, I tend to ride there too. In terms of how I ride... nothing special really haha.

Sir Codin

OH ♥♥♥♥ING ♥♥♥♥ ME WITH A BANANA SLUG WHILE I'M WEARING A BALL GAG!

I've got a whole bunch of schoolwork and studying to do and I've spent the whole spring break goofing off!

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • ^ Uh, no thanks?
    Seriously though, man, good luck.

Biking? Skateboarding? Why, yes, yes I do. I've only ever tried rollarblading once, though, and that was a long time ago. But I do want to learn how. Mostly because of Air Gear, admittedly.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I tried biking once, at the sweet age of 7. Nearly broke an ankle, needless to say I never touched a bike again.

Years
  • Nope, I never learned to ride a bicycle properly either. Maybe I just had problems with steering, but other than that, I just never learned how to ride one.

Years
  • Unlike most other people I went to grade school with though, I grew up in a neighborhood with nobody around the same age as me. Either everyone else was older by 5 years or younger by 7 years, so I really had nobody to ride a bicycle with, and I didn't like being alone when I was younger :P

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Bikes are useful if you're in an urban area. I went from never riding a bike in my life to riding it every day since I moved to a big city where bike riding is the norm for everybody. The best benefit is that it's free so I never have to pay a bus fee again!

If you have somewhere you visit often that's not ridiculously far away, try biking it sometime. You'll be surprised how much distance you can cover; and with a decent bike it's not even strenuous exercise. Learning is initially difficult but doesn't take very long at all if you ride for around 30 mins every 2-3 days or something like that.

Years
  • Unfortunately, I live in a non-urban area with no sidewalks along the highway, either. There are sidewalks inside my small neighborhood, but that's about it.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I wish bikes weren't so expensive though. If they were cheaper, I would totally go and get one. They're a lot of fun to ride in the summer *cue Queen's "Bicycle Race"*

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Unfortunately, I live in a non-urban area with no sidewalks along the highway, either. There are sidewalks inside my small neighborhood, but that's about it.
    That's a shame, you drive though?

I wish bikes weren't so expensive though. If they were cheaper, I would totally go and get one. They're a lot of fun to ride in the summer *cue Queen's "Bicycle Race"*
    Say you get full-time work or study in the same city that it's possible to bike to every day. You never have to pay bus fee or gas so you end up saving hundreds of money after months/years pass, something like that. If not, then true, it's harder to justify.

and ofc you can play that song with so much more fervor.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Say you get full-time work or study in the same city that it's possible to bike to every day. You never have to pay bus fee or gas so you end up saving hundreds of money after months/years pass, something like that. If not, then true, it's harder to justify.

and ofc you can play that song with so much more fervor.

That's actually what I think I'm going to do, as I go to college in the city and my co-op (which essentially is a job but you're still in college) will most likely be in Boston, so it will definitely save me a lot of money instead of taking the T.

Let's face it, being a college student sucks monetarily wise.

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • *sees another horse fly bugging the crap out of my room*
    YOU MUST DIE.
    *sprays with Frebreeze*

Horse flies are no match for being burned to death by air freshener. Marshall: 4, Flies: 0.

This last one curled up into the dying cockroach position, too. Now he sits in a puddle of toxic chemicals. Poor little ♥♥♥♥ should've went out the window when I offered it to him. >:

Years
  • Horseflies are the worst flies possible. Back in 2009 when I was on Chincoteague Island in Virginia, I was bit by one and the bite was just beyond horrible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back