• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In the midnight hour, she cries because she's sad and alone and just a little pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • Panic! At the Disco really lost me with this new album to be honest. Pretty.Odd. and A Fever You Can't Sweat Out were both great, though.

And the Black Keys are awesome. Why? Cause I'm a Lonely Boy. Cause I'm a lonely boy!

:3

Panic! At the Disco definitely went in a new direction with their newest album. Which isn't bad, you can hear the difference when compared to Pretty. Odd. and A Fever You Can't Sweat Out. My personal favorite album is Vices and Virtues, that's just a great album from start to finish. Let's Kill Tonight, Hurricane, Nearly Witches (Ever Since We Met) are my favorite songs on the album.

You know what the greatest thing about that Lonely Boy video is? The whole thing was shot in one take, they basically just told him to dance and they filmed it xD Here's the video in case anyone wants to see it:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I like music that sounds good, and has an original flow. Cookie cutter-type music bugs the crap out of me. I do like all genres and a lot of artists I dig, but more often than not they only have one or two songs I like, and the rest is garbage; with Alice in Chains, pretty much everything Layne Staley had to do with is gold. Dunno why, but it just… is. :<

Alice in Chains really is something special; to be honest though, a lot of that is credited to heroin, which ended up ruining the band. :/

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I like music that sounds good, and has an original flow. Cookie cutter-type music bugs the crap out of me. I do like all genres and a lot of artists I dig, but more often than not they only have one or two songs I like, and the rest is garbage; with Alice in Chains, pretty much everything Layne Staley had to do with is gold. Dunno why, but it just… is. :<

Alice in Chains really is something special; to be honest though, a lot of that is credited to heroin, which ended up ruining the band. :/

Did somebody say cookie music? (;

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • I haven't even heard Vices and Virtues, to be honest. :I
    I really need to fix that, I guess. People keep telling me how amazing it was. . .

The Black Keys are just a bit awesome hands down, I think.
    I saw them on Austin City Limits a while back, and that honestly just made me love them even more.

EDIT:
    ^ Oh god, that song. . .

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I haven't even heard Vices and Virtues, to be honest. :I
    I really need to fix that, I guess. People keep telling me how amazing it was. . .

The Black Keys are just a bit awesome hands down, I think.
    I saw them on Austin City Limits a while back, and that honestly just made me love them even more.

EDIT:
    ^ Oh god, that song. . .
    Damn, I would kill to see The Black Keys live. A little while ago they were touring with Arctic Monkeys, which in my opinion is one of the best concerts you could ever see.

And isn't the song awesome! ;D When I saw it for the first time I was just like "wait, what" but then after watching it again it made me want to do the cookie dance haha.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • I love those one-shot spoof songs. They're funny for a little bit :3

Also, my bipolar is ♥♥♥♥ing killing me. Was mellow this morning, wanted to kill myself two hours ago, and now I'm kinda high. What gives? <_<

Years
  • I love those one-shot spoof songs. They're funny for a little bit :3

Also, my bipolar is ♥♥♥♥ing killing me. Was mellow this morning, wanted to kill myself two hours ago, and now I'm kinda high. What gives? <_<

Wait, you have a bipolar disorder?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Bipolar disorder can be a drag. I have a friend with that disorder and he's always either super happy or super depressed. He's getting treatment for it though.

I was almost diagnosed with that disorder last year, but ended up having Generalized Anxiety because of my lack of sleep almost every night, and mind going blank every now and then. I'm doing better now, though. I don't require therapy as much as I used to.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes medical related stuff, my siblings and I have certain ones. My older sister and one of my younger brothers have celiac, which means that can't eat foods that have gluten in them otherwise they get sick. I happen to have high functioning autism. As for my youngest brother, he has type one diabetes.

Years
  • I haven't been sick in over a year now. However, I hate it when I'm feverish. My muscles stiffen and it literally hurts to get out of bed.

Years
  • I'm not bipolar, just have emotional highs and really nasty lows Dx

I think it's important that everybody should know that mental illness is about shades of grey. Do not put too much emphasis on the label. A bike can have sticky brakes or a rusty chain or a gear-switch that doesn't click anymore. It's not exactly broken yet it's not exactly functional.

In my mind, a diagnosis is beneficial because it incites and drives action towards fixing it. The goal is to be solution oriented, not problem oriented. We only see it as a problem so it enables us to work towards a solution.

Years
  • I've always wanted to be properly diagnosed for depression, but it may just be SAD, seasonal affective disorder where coincidentally my mood can change drastically during summer and winter seasons \: Hopefully this year will be different as I'm feeling rather positive during this time of year, which is strangely odd because normally I'd be down in the dumps :P Last year though, I went to see counsellors to help with my extreme state of depression, but never took initiative to see the campus psychologist to be diagnosed if there is something to diagnose

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • Your happiness is likely caused by an underrated and highly controversial cure for SAD. Namely, JPF.
    JPF has been proven by a number of physicians, psychologists, scientists, and doctors of the garden variety, to be highly effective at not only curing things like SAD, ADD, BD, MDD, and various other disorders with D's in their initials. However, due in part to the fact that it's highly unethical, not many doctors would prescribe it. Yes, you would be hard pressed to find a doctor who would tell you to Join a Pokémon Forum.

Spoiler:

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • Try having autism, ADHD, and Tourrette's Syndrome along with your bipolar lol

It's not like it's all bad though. I have a crazy high IQ and a mother that gives more of a ♥♥♥♥ than my father, junk food to eat over break, soda to drink, pocket money all the time, a PC family that's uber cool and sweet. You gotta look at the positives, eh?

Years
  • I've always wanted to be properly diagnosed for depression, but it may just be SAD, seasonal affective disorder where coincidentally my mood can change drastically during summer and winter seasons \: Hopefully this year will be different as I'm feeling rather positive during this time of year, which is strangely odd because normally I'd be down in the dumps :P Last year though, I went to see counsellors to help with my extreme state of depression, but never took initiative to see the campus psychologist to be diagnosed if there is something to diagnose

Sunlight does wonders for me too. I've started taking walks and soaking it up, and I think it helps me stay positive and focus.

Years
  • Sunlight does wonders for me too. I've started taking walks and soaking it up, and I think it helps me stay positive and focus.

As much as I'd love to take walks, I don't anymore :c My sister and I have walked around the entire city and to neighbouring ones during the summer so we've basically ran out of places...That's how we got so tanned one summer XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back