• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In the midnight hour, she cries because she's sad and alone and just a little pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    Bugs are synonymous to insects, though, except in Pokemon where Spinarak is a Bug Pokemon :P

Definition of "Bug"

The word bug is often used to refer to tiny creatures that crawl along, such as insects and even small animals that are not insects, such as spiders and millipedes. But for scientists the word has a much narrower meaning. In the strictest terms bugs are those insects that have mouthparts adapted for piercing and sucking. The mouthparts of these bugs are contained in a beak-shaped structure. Thus scientists would classify a louse but not a beetle or a cockroach as a bug. In fact, scientists often call lice and their relatives true bugs to distinguish them better from what everyone else calls "bugs."

Arachnids are spiders, scorpions, etc.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
    Can't I just stick to calling spiders "creepy multi legged things that are out for my blood"? ;~;
    Differentiating an arachnid from an insect's really easy; arachnids have 2 extra legs.
    Bugs come as a loose synonym to insects. Creepy crawlies, etc.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
    I think I'm enjoying this conversation about what to call what bugs/insects/arachnids/anthropods what, just a bit too much. x?

Seriously though, there is a definition between insects and bugs. The problem that most people face with that though, is that the term 'bug' is, as it specifies in the excerpt the Bella quoted, often used in a very sweeping manner.

Also, did you know that only about 1% of known insects/anthropods/etc are harmful? Adding to that the fact that most of them are rather docile, shy creatures, you guys don't need to fear them. :3

Well, unless you see a camel spider. Then run. Run like a ×××××× ××××××.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
    Spiders?
    I heard that the Goliath Birdeater is like the largest spider in the world, with the body about 12cm long and a leg span of up to 30cm
    But don't panic and run into all directions now, they're only native in Southern America

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    Spiders?
    I heard that the Goliath Birdeater is like the largest spider in the world, with the body about 12cm long and a leg span of up to 30cm
    But don't panic and run into all directions now, they're only native in Southern America

From what I read, they rarely eat birds, too. They prefer rodents and insects :)

That said, someone change the topic lol I was up till 4am last night watching HGTV.

Years
    Most of the time whenever I'm up late, it's because I've lost track of time and I'm doing other things on the internet, such as browsing Youtube or even sometimes PC.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Most of the time whenever I'm up late, it's because I've lost track of time and I'm doing other things on the internet, such as browsing Youtube or even sometimes PC.

Same here, ill be watching some random crap on youtube without realizing what time it is xD

Years

Same here, ill be watching some random crap on youtube without realizing what time it is xD

I know what it's like... it's 3.00am Sydney time when I was posting this. Too much YouTube and Tumblr entertaining me right now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back