• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In which Gen you met Pok?mon?

In which Generation you met Pok?mon/became a Pok?mon fan?

• Second Generation (Chikorita - Celebi)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fourth Generation (Gonbe)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Duke R

Member #1950
Years
  • There are some thread guessing how you met Pok?mon, but this one has a poll and is just guessing when.

For me it was in the 1st gen, around 1998.

Suzu

~♥~
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 12, 2005
    Same here, met the first gen in about 98'
    and its still my favorite ^^

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    This belongs in Pokemon General. I'll move it for you!

Anyways, I first found out about it sometime during the first generation.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    Hmm, I can be considered one of the "early" people to like it.
    The first episode I watched was the second episode ever made but I forgot what it was about. :P Then it was followed by a video when Ash catches the three starters.

What in the world? There's a fourth season already?! XD

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
  • the bulbasaur - mew generation. ^_^;; and it's pretty much the one I know the best, too- I don't even know if I can name all the new Pokemon still.. probably, but I'm not sure o.o;; I stopped playing seriously after RBY. of course I'm still interested in the newer stuff, but I'm not an expert on it. my heart remains with the 1998-99 crew~

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • November of 1998 was when I was first blessed with the privelege of playing a pok?mon video game. And I've kept on top of all new pok?mon since...

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
  • 1st generation. :P i was all out, including stuffing myself with burger king for that pokemon movie, getting blue version. i have 151 captured/seen on that cartridge, those were the days...also the TV series, i watched it everyday.

who can keep up with the 300+ we have today...virtually impossible unless u have a lot of patience.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    The First Generation of course. =P But I found about it when GSC was about to be released. o.o

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
  • It was the first generation that I grew up with. I can stiil remember them good old days of getting up at 7:30 and racing down stairs to watch pokemon.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I first saw it in the first generation as well...my very first memory of pokemon is seeing a commercial where a vaccum sucks up various pokemon and they end up in a cage and it said "Got ya" on the screen, then was like "pokemon: coming this fall" or something to that effect. Then I forgot about it until I woke up one morning and saw Hypno's Naptime on at 6:30 in the morning...this was probably fall 1998. I went through sort of a pokehater phase for a few months to disguise that I liked the show because my parents didn't like it and I knew I'd get beaten up at school if anyone found out I liked it, but I came around, took my insults, and just went on with life...back in 6th grade I was even the biggest TCG trader at school. Pokemon cards were banned but I was still able to pull off trades with people quite nicely, never once did I get caught...and I'd also even watch the anime in the morning even when my parents told me not to...and look at where I'm at now, thousands of dollars spent on cards and other merchandise o_O

Trainer Ben

Super Trainer
    Years
  • I first started playing Pokemon when i recieved the Blue version for Christmas. My two sisters recieved the Yellow and Red versions. Unfortunatley, there was only one Gameboy, so we had to take turns. A month later, my dad finally bought two more Gameboys and a link cable. After training our Pokemon, we would always take turns battling. It was fun. Eventually, my sisters grew tired of continuosly beating the elite four for training. I didn't though. On Christmas three years later, I recieved Pokemon Crystal and Pokemon Silver. For some reason, probably to try something new, I choose to play as the girl in Crystal. I kind of cheated though when I found out I could trade my BLastoise and Mewtwo from Blue. I beat Crystal as well. Finally, sometime in 2003, I bought Pokemon Sapphire. I was kind of disapointed when I found out you couldn't trade with any of the older versions, but I still had fun anyway. Now I can't wait until Leaf Green comes out. I wish there was something like Water Blue though.

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
  • the first gen. just like everyone else:P.
    the first pokemon i every saw was bulbasaur and my first card was a ninetails. i never traded it to any one nor did i let anyone tuch it. i still hav it secured in my...um...hm where is it.....

the first episode i saw was the second.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • I have two answers.
    I was a first gen fan like everyone else, but then I started to hate Pokemon because I was getting 'too old' for it.

A couple years went by. Then one day I was looking for a book on the internet, and I found PC.(wierd, huh?)

I liked the people here so I decided to stay, and one day I just stole Ruby and Sapphire from my uncle's store, and I met up with Pokemon again. I've been hooked again ever-since. I guess I owe it to PC.

So first and third?

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    i got blue the first week it came out. so i've been around as long as any american could be.

Abskull

Link's Huggle Thing!^.^
    Years
  • 1st generation! When I was 5 I saw it! I saw it the very first time it showed on T.V in America. Ever since I 've always been a huge fan of Pokemon! I still have a gameboy with blue, red, yellow, silver, and gold! Sadly, I never got crystal. Then I got a gameboy advance. My mom bought it also with ruby. I love Pokemon so much!

Back