• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
The great thing about college is that you finally have the ability if it's bad enough to get away from home. You can stay at college, even if you can't afford it by taking out loans, get a job while at school, and then use the job money to stay in a cheap apartment near the college for the summer and continue to work if you don't want a parent's influence.

I couldn't live without it though; my mom has helped me through some really tough times with my college experience.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It's not really embarrassing to drop out of college, it happens to a lot of people :) What did you major in/plan on majoring in when you go back?

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Not yet, but knowing my mother... Well... PEDRO12 can account for this.

This guy's mother. If she ever lets him off to college, he'll be wearing a monitoring anklet and she'll probably install cameras in his dorm room. That if he's lucky.

Sorry I had to.

Years
When I get into college, I plan to go for a Bachelor of Science in Computer Sciences. So fun stuff like programming yay.
You'll never get any sleep. At my college you could walk past the computer science lab at lunch and there would be someone there. You'd walk past at dinner and they'd still be there. You walk past late at night going home and, guess what? They're still there.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I guess a good challenge doesn't hurt. I'll probably have a laptop that I'll get any IDEs installed on so I can do it in the comfort of my own dorm or whatever.

In my experience, that's not always possible. My school encouraged us to dual-boot Linux, then required us to do stuff on a certain distro that you have to pay to get. It was on the school computers so you basically had to pay money or use a school computer.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
In my experience, that's not always possible. My school encouraged us to dual-boot Linux, then required us to do stuff on a certain distro that you have to pay to get. It was on the school computers so you basically had to pay money or use a school computer.
...wow, seriously? How'd they require the distro, anyway? Was there a specific program that wouldn't run on another distro or something that each class needed you to use? That's really strange. If anything, a course that requires Linux should be praising its open-sourceness and teach you the basics so you can use any distro. Hearing this almost makes me angry, haha. D:
That's rather... Dumb. To be quite honest. I'm not sure about the schools here, but hopefully we don't have to use anything that extravagant.
As far as I know, no Ontario schools require anything like that. I think a fair few of them don't even require Linux until waaaay late but I really only know about my school. :s

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I can't remember very well because it was the beginning of freshman year, haha. I think it was using a specific program that would only run on that distro. We also had the same thing for programming Lego robots - the program used to make the robots work had to be bought so we had to do it on school computers. >_o

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Uhm, guys. I just proposed to a very special someone! I'll let everyone know what happens when she gets back to me with an answer <33333
Wish me luck!

P.S. This is not a joke. I seriously just proposed.

Honest

Hi!
Years
You got on one knee? Cause otherwise it doesn't count.

And good grief. Finally cleaned out this swamp of notifications.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I'm finally here!
Good luck, Pedro. [:

I don't have any way of contributing to the conversation, aside from what I've already said haha. So I'm just going to ask you guys what you think of this as an avatar.

Spoiler:

It's one of my stray cats. He's a photogenic little guy. {:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back