• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Hey DCC, I've missed you recently. Amidst alcoholic and sleep depravity induced fever-dreams I've been working and celebrating various birthdays hence the increased absences. I promise I'll be more faithful, don't be that way, I lvoe you really DCC.

Ohhh. Well, now that makes a whole lot more sense.

Personally, I don't mind insults, as long as it isn't racially or sexually malicious. I throw the f bomb at people all the time.

I insult everyone I like on a regular basis, it lets them know I care.
Spoiler:

It's referencing the crack sounds whips make, and I'm sure I don't need to explain why the whip is relevant.

I'm still shocked and appalled by the title change regardless! I am supposed to be the patron saint of this place!

All you need to do is produce some sort of obscure witty comment that makes people laugh enough to be put in the title, couldn't be that hard to be hilarious. No pressure.

Honest

Hi!
Years
And DCC loves you too, as does this stupid head <3

And the DCC thread title can also be changed by bribing me. Just saying!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Someone I know is the same way, Somniac. People who see us talking must think that she hates me. X}

I'm not bothered by people throwing things at me that should be 'offensive'. My tolerance depends on the person/people who are doing it, though. Heck, I spent months being hated by classmates because I ruined their previously all-male class, and didn't even care. It was a good excuse to be unsocial. :D

Last edited:
Years
Insults are only worth your time if they're witty and stinging, like the (probably apocryphal) exchange between George Bernard Shaw and Winston Churchill:

Shaw: "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend ... if you have one."

Churchill: "Cannot possibly attend first night; will attend second, if there is one."
That's how you do it.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Whenever I need a good comeback I just think WWMCD ('What Would Mariah Carey Do?') and then everything becomes clear.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I think it'd count, assuming it actually does make sense. It insults the person mentally in more than one way. We're teaching people how to be mean. How cute

Speaking of cute, Jigglypuff is officially our section mascot. Praise her!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Isn't that a bit of a cop-out though to make a comeback that someone else doesn't even understand? Can it be considered a comeback if they don't understand it?

It counts, at least in my school. There's more Hispanic and Arabic influence so usually whenever you get into that kind of situation, they speak either Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic. Seeing as I'm the only Indian in the school, I'm able to say something nobody understands, it ticks them off even more while I walk away unphased.

I think it'd count, assuming it actually does make sense. It insults the person mentally in more than one way. We're teaching people how to be mean. How cute

Speaking of cute, Jigglypuff is officially our section mascot. Praise her!

That it does.

I think retics are cuter.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
AHHH I lost my post.

Anyways going a bit back to cracker.. I thought it was because crackers were white and flaky.. and so they meant they were like an unstable person..

34aggk.jpg

Never have I been so wrong..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back