• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I like to listen to good music. I don't like really confine myself to anyone genre--and frankly, listening to the same old thing over and over again just gets boring. I like a little bit of everything--except for Folk Rock, Reggae etc I like that alotta bit. Some of my favorite bands are pretty "old" nowadays, so eh... but to be honest, I just prefer to listen to the radio and actually thoroughly enjoy whatever comes on. I find that if I create the playlist my self, it tends to be too heavy in songs of a similar nature.

You know, I've been listening to A LOT of Mumford and Sons, City and Colour, and of course good ol' Bob Marley.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I've been listening to a ton of country music lately. But normally I am more of a rock music listener, especially classic rock music like KISS, Depeche Mode, etc.

Back to the topic of bad habits, you are looking at Megan awake at midnight her time and she was supposed to be in bed an hour and a half ago.

Years
  • I've been listening to a ton of country music lately. But normally I am more of a rock music listener, especially classic rock music like KISS, Depeche Mode, etc.

Back to the topic of bad habits, you are looking at Megan awake at midnight her time and she was supposed to be in bed an hour and a half ago.

My supervisor at volunteering listens to Depeche Mode! I haven't heard about it before I talked to him :P

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I actually enjoy listening to radio myself after I got an actual radio, seeing as I wasn't getting enough reception on my phone. I guess my tastes are... well, still a bit...

I still like pop by a long shot. I'm more fond of older stuff, though.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • The radio is the best! Sure a lot of the music is repetitive and more often than not bad, but it's like a lucky dip and it makes it so rewarding when you actually get a song you like!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    New title, hmm?

I listen to a radio station over the internet. I like most of it, but considering it plays the same like 50 artists, I know virtually every song.

I usually use youtube for music, though. I just have learned to be careful, considering I almost killed the computer with a virus from a music video.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • The radio stations suck in my area. I use iHeartRadio to listen to San Diego's stations. The stations here are 99% Banda Norteno, while the 1% is top-40, and we have one station.

Years
  • I listen to one of the local classic rock radio stations here whenever I can on the radio, cuz it's commercial free, but sometimes I can't receive it because there's a distant station on the same frequency about 100 miles to my south and sometimes it interferes with the signal. ;_;

Other than that, if I listen to music on my computer it's either my instrumental music collection in iTunes (not classical music, just new age/rock/techno) or I pull up my classic rock station on Pandora.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
  • I listen to one of the local classic rock radio stations here whenever I can on the radio, cuz it's commercial free, but sometimes I can't receive it because there's a distant station on the same frequency about 100 miles to my south and sometimes it interferes with the signal. ;_;

Other than that, if I listen to music on my computer it's either my instrumental music collection in iTunes (not classical music, just new age/rock/techno) or I pull up my classic rock station on Pandora.

Sometimes you simply can't beat some good old classic rock, especially for driving with.

Anyway, recently found out that the UK Minecraft Expo will be held just 60miles from me, and tickets are a steal at just 30 pound. Anyone from the UK going to be going? Would be great to see you there if so. There's also Insomnia LAN-Party at the same time, which is the main reason I'll be going.

On another note, who would I PM to check whether a signature is acceptable or not? I've got one that I'm hesitant to add to my sig-rotator without checking beforehand, as it doesn't obviously break any rules, but I guess some may disprove. If in doubt I guess i'll just leave it sitting on my harddrive, all lonely and cold. Poor thing.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • On another note, who would I PM to check whether a signature is acceptable or not? I've got one that I'm hesitant to add to my sig-rotator without checking beforehand, as it doesn't obviously break any rules, but I guess some may disprove. If in doubt I guess i'll just leave it sitting on my harddrive, all lonely and cold. Poor thing.

You have two options, really. You could either contact any of the mods (an s-mod imo would be a better option, since they're a but more universal) or you could post the banner in question in this thread and if it does break the rules, delete the post afterwards.

Also. I literally only listen to 103.5. I don't know any other stations. :c

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Nah not going to the expo, since I'm not that big on Minecraft, sorry. I never listen to the radio! My little cousin thought I was crazy when I told her I didn't listen to the radio hahaha!

Years
  • It's fun! Until the openness of the world and lack of explicit goals became a pretty clear allegory of my own life, at which point I put it away.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • It's hard to do stuff in moderation when you simply don't have much else to do.

Damn, I really wish I hadn't moved away. Before, I'd simply meet up with a friend and play soccer or something. To do the same thing now would take nearly an hour of travel. Blah.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    "Everything in moderation" heh, sometimes that can be difficult, depends on what it is really. I should be on the computer less, but I don't have much else to do :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back