• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perico

Ripper
Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2022
    Nicola and Andrea are both female names o_o

Nope, they both are Italian names for boys. Add to the list "Elia", Italian too. There are lots of Italian names which seem for girls but they're also for boys XD (and others which seem female names but are male only). Of course, I'm speaking of Italy. As far as I know, in UK Nicola is a female name, even Andrea is a female name here in Spain.

I'm welsh.

I love Welsh accent, so I must like your accent haha

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    If a guy was named Andrea in the US he would be mocked. :x

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • No one mocks Andrea Pirlo because of his name. Neither does anyone mock Andrea Bocelli. That's just how it is in Italian.

I have yet to know how does a Welsh accent sound.

Username_9138

I honestly have no idea; just descended from Welsh people. Although I would like to know~ (Somniac got it right btw)

Sir Codin

According to my parents and grandparents, I have mainly Dutch and Scottish in my heritage.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
  • Welsh accents are a trickey thing. For such a small country, theres a huge amount of variation in the welsh accent. My hometown has an entire different accent from where I now live, even though theres only around 30KM distance between them.

For those who are curious; My accent is very similar to Joanna Page's accent, and we share a hometown.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I have like 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Bohemian, and then 1/2 mutt in my ancestry. >_o

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I am Scots-Irish, since we're talking about ancestry here. I've heard that Scots-Irish have some bad things in their genetic codes, but I'm not sure what they are, if they even do have them...

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Welsh accents are a trickey thing. For such a small country, theres a huge amount of variation in the welsh accent. My hometown has an entire different accent from where I now live, even though theres only around 30KM distance between them.

For those who are curious; My accent is very similar to Joanna Page's accent, and we share a hometown.

Woa, I don't remember hearing such an accent. Was kind of difficult to understand what she was saying at first, but then I got most of it right.
    But if there's one accent I love, it's the Scottish.

About ancestries, I never really cared about knowing much about mine - but I think I have full Portuguese blood.

Username_9138

But hey, I think I remember you. Weren't you making a RMXP game named Opal?

Nah, must have me cornfused w/someone else.

But on topic, I've got confusing heritage. I'm mainly Irish, leading with about 35%, then German, which is about 28%. And then I've got a lot of other things sprinkled in, like Dutch (which is really the third biggest) with about 12% and then maybe 5% each for Scottish, Welsh, British and French, and then about 2% Cherokee...the rest is probably German too.

(@Somniac: That's a pretty cool accent there. Here's a cookie.)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    If I remember correctly, I'm English, Dutch, Sioux, and probably more that I don't know about.

Looks like most of us are a bunch of mutts, hmm? {;

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • @ThatWhiteKid It must have been someone else then :)
    On topic, I am 100% myself and I inherited my blood from my veins.

Sir Codin

I'm gonna be completely honest with you guys, especially the people participating in that thread...this whole gun control issue is one of the reasons I stopped coming on for a while earlier last year, because everyone posting in it was doing an extremely good job at pissing me off.

tumblr_m7m1bkq4S51qa0q13o1_r1_1280.jpg

Mr. X, I'm not going to lie. When I saw this, I instantly became tempted to buy a handgun and test to see what alternative uses I could find for one.

So far, I have a few ideas for tests:

- Decoration
    - Fire Starter (using blanks, of course)
    - Paperweight
    - Alternative for a hammer
    - Sport target shooting (it's like modern day archery)

Sadly, I don't think I'm allowed to own a gun in California due to being prescribed anti-depressants because it's f****** California. So someone else is going to need to do these tests.

I'll get back to you on tests for alternative uses on semi-automatic or automatic weapons.

Last edited:

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • I keep away from that guns talk because I'm an European man, living in a place where your Second Amendment doesn't exist. You guys should know what's best for you.
    But just to mention - a regular citizen doesn't need an AR15 in their house.

And there's also the problem of no middle ground. There are close to no people looking at both sides of an argument. Either one is all "OMFG second amendment theyre taking our rights away blahblah" or "asadfsa just ban them all they shouldnt even exist". Same thing for other topics. Either you're a die-hard right wing servant of God or you're a crazy scum communist that should be erradicated from Earth. Either you're going to spend the afterlife in heaven for being anti-gay, believing in God, glorifying him and listening to him and not science or you're a Satanist science man that will burn in Hell for all eternity.

That's why I stay away from the discussions in OC.
    My final words about these subjects.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back