• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Incorrect Evolutions ......

Groudon

Owner:F.S. (Spike Razzor)
    Years
    All I can say is I think Dizzy has some sort of problem watching a Pokemon's evo line, so what if Kingdra loses 2 limbs after evolving? So do bugs that start from a grub-like stage (Butterflies, beetles ect) the lose like 15 legs. It doesn't effect it in any know way does it? I didn't think so =\.

Remoraid and Mantine look nothing alike and have nothing in common iether than being water types and fish.

I think the point of Luvdisc is to maybe have it evolving into something in a further game like Syther did.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I thought it was odd that Phanphy evolved into Donphan simply because of our expectations after we saw the first screenshots of it. I mean, after everyone saw them, they all thought "Hey, this thing is huge!" only to find that it's only about two feet tall.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Dragonair-->Dragonite
    They...look nothing alike...

Smoochum-->Jynx
    Erm..they should add something uglier than Smoochum in the middle.

Pichu-->Pikachu-->Raichu
    Notice, that both Pichu and Raichu have round hands and feet, whilst Pikachu has sharp fingers.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    not really on topic... but seems like the Pokemon World has no difference between fresh water and salt water. Remoraid is a fresh water fish, but how do we find Remoraids sticking on Mantines for rides without swimming into salt water... Mantine lives in the sea we're certain of that. Remoraid lives in the river (fresh water). So how does these two even see each other is a mystery. How the Remoraids can survive the dramatic difference between fresh and salt water just to hitch a ride from Mantine is even a greater mystery...

Years
    Dizzy said:
    yep thats another one ............

Heres one ............. but u might not agree

Horsea > Kingdra , it resembles horsea more with the single back fin
    Horsea > Seadra , it looks more like a complex evolution
    Where do you get a Horsea? (sorry if this is abit off topic but I didnt know where to post it)

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    not really on topic... but seems like the Pokemon World has no difference between fresh water and salt water. Remoraid is a fresh water fish, but how do we find Remoraids sticking on Mantines for rides without swimming into salt water... Mantine lives in the sea we're certain of that. Remoraid lives in the river (fresh water). So how does these two even see each other is a mystery. How the Remoraids can survive the dramatic difference between fresh and salt water just to hitch a ride from Mantine is even a greater mystery...
    What exactly a Remoraid is?

AzureFlygon

Master of all Shiny's!
    Years
    jynx said:
    How come I can't get one in my Crystal?

you can't get a remoraid in crystal, their one of the unobtainable Pokemon... I think (Haven't played crystal in a while)
    On the topic however. One I noticed that seemed weird was Surskit to Masqurain? How did they come up with that one? I mean, Masqurain isn't even part water type and it has rain in it's name too! Unless that's from a species of bug its based on, but I don't think so.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Remoraid is unobtainable in Crystal. You must trade one from Gold or Silver to get it...

Surskit is a water strider. Masqurain is not really based on "rain" but "masqurade", meaning "to wear a costume" or "disguising costume." (this meaning applies to it by looking at the fake eyes on its wings). If its name means to pretend, then what it looks like now may not be its true appearance... (wonder why it doesn't have color change or transform...?) Plus Masqurain isn't a good water attack user anyway (or to be more precise, not good at anything...)

Dragon_Tamer

i like chicken balls
    Years
    I have never got Shroomish to Breloom.It goes from a little seed type thing into a mushroom thing.I believe that mushrooms dont sprout from seeds but spores

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    mushroom doesn't have seeds because it's not a plant. It's a fungi... they rely on spore.

If you do have a shroomish, don't evolve it until it learns spore. After that evolve shroomish immediately. Then you got the physical "plant" killer

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    mushroom doesn't have seeds because it's not a plant. It's a fungi... they rely on spore.

If you do have a shroomish, don't evolve it until it learns spore. After that evolve shroomish immediately. Then you got the physical "plant" killer
    But that is ALL~~~ the way to Level54!
    Won't it effect the status?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    it will not. Use this method (and this applies to ALL pokemon as well)

1) Pull out that pokemon that you want to train in the lowest lvl possible (do all breeding necessary)
    2) Rare candy your way to lvl 100 without a single battle(choose when to evolve and what moves to keep). Now before you say this is stupid or cheap, read on first.
    3) In Ruby/Sapphire, stats growth are calculated by EV. You get a hidden amount of EV for every opponent you battle. Every Pokemon gives a different amount of EV in different categories. For example, a Zigzagoon gives you EV +1 in speed, while a Spinda gives EV +1 in sp.att. 4 points of EV means +1 in stats for that category. However, you can only get up to 512 EV, meaning maximizing only 2 category out of HP, Attack, Defense, Sp.Attack, Sp.Def and Speed. So you must choose who to battle. Now that you're at lvl 100, even if you don't have any EV growth, you can still KO anyone. So choose which area of EV to improve on, and choose your opponents wisely. Train for hours until you get an effort ribbon (meaning that your EV has been maximized). Put it in the box like the classical GSC box trick to maximize stats. Voila...

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    it will not. Use this method (and this applies to ALL pokemon as well)

1) Pull out that pokemon that you want to train in the lowest lvl possible (do all breeding necessary)
    2) Rare candy your way to lvl 100 without a single battle(choose when to evolve and what moves to keep). Now before you say this is stupid or cheap, read on first.
    3) In Ruby/Sapphire, stats growth are calculated by EV. You get a hidden amount of EV for every opponent you battle. Every Pokemon gives a different amount of EV in different categories. For example, a Zigzagoon gives you EV +1 in speed, while a Spinda gives EV +1 in sp.att. 4 points of EV means +1 in stats for that category. However, you can only get up to 512 EV, meaning maximizing only 2 category out of HP, Attack, Defense, Sp.Attack, Sp.Def and Speed. So you must choose who to battle. Now that you're at lvl 100, even if you don't have any EV growth, you can still KO anyone. So choose which area of EV to improve on, and choose your opponents wisely. Train for hours until you get an effort ribbon (meaning that your EV has been maximized). Put it in the box like the classical GSC box trick to maximize stats. Voila...
    That's clever!
    But where do you get all those rare candy?

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    You can have an army of Pok?mon with Pickup, and they may find Rare Candies after battle.

Back