• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Influence of Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire in the Anime

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Yeah, and come to think of it, other than setting the Battle Frontier in Kanto for some reason, they really didn't even focus that much on FR/LG, either.

And Brendan probably would have to get a larger role than a cameo if he appears in lieu of May. I wonder where May will do contests, though? She's done Hoenn, Kanto, and presumably Johto by that point, so that only leaves Sinnoh, since Unova doesn't have contests, and I'm doubtful Kalos has contests either.

As far as Mega Evolutions, I'm suspecting Groudon and Kyogre are going to be fought in Primal forms in the games, so legendaries may be the exception to that rule. Speaking of which, I wonder if the OS Mewtwo (the one from Movie 1 and Mewtwo Returns) will appear in the upcoming movie, since the next movie does focus on Mega Evolutions, and Mega X form still has to debut, it would fit that Mewtwo since it has a masculine nature.

why would brendan have a larger role?
he can be back for a few episodes like lyra did.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
why would brendan have a larger role?
he can be back for a few episodes like lyra did.

That's what I mean by a larger role. In the Anime, he only appeared briefly in the film openings for a few scenes, not even getting any dialogue or anything we can discern of him other than possibly being a strong trainer. We don't even know if he is Professor Birch's son or not, as Birch never even mentioned him at all (we know May is Norman's daughter, but the Anime has had instances where they change characters backstories).

@Satoshi Ookami: Can't say I recognize any of her roles or whether they are similar at all to the Fiorello Fangirls from the episode Princess v. Princess, the girls from Love Hina, the girls from Battle Vixens, or any other characters of that type. Hopefully they aren't.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Why would Max reappear? If it's OR/AS influence on the anime, then Max is irrelevant because he was not in the games. Bringing him back to promote games he wasn't/won't be in doesn't make sense, hah. If anything, I'm in agreement that Steven would make a reappearance, maybe alongside Diantha doing some research over mega evolution in Kalos.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Why would Max reappear? If it's OR/AS influence on the anime, then Max is irrelevant because he was not in the games. Bringing him back to promote games he wasn't/won't be in doesn't make sense, hah. If anything, I'm in agreement that Steven would make a reappearance, maybe alongside Diantha doing some research over mega evolution in Kalos.

Technically, he WAS in the games, just not a specific character (he was based on the Schoolboy trainer class from Ruby and Sapphire). But yeah, I agree. Besides, knowing how the anime insists on having Ash remain ten years old for whatever reason, he can't go even if he wanted to. Probably the only way he'd return is if they'd do that World Conference thing due to his father being a Gym Leader. I mean, honestly, they really messed up with that opportunity in Best Wishes.

Other than Steven, the only other character who should make an appearance is Brendan, as unlike Max, he is one of the main characters, and considering Kalos is unlikely to feature contests AFAIK, he's our best bet since May will be unavailable.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
The way the reoccuring female companion has worked in the Anime has the last one reappearing later in the show's time.

Misty reappeared in Hoenn.
May reappeared in Sinnoh
Dawn reappeared in Unova.
Iris will reappear in Kalos if the trend stays true.

A Pokemon Special episode isn't the same thing as a revisit episode. Misty had her Pokemon special episode before she reappeared in the Hoenn series. (I think she reappeared in Advance battle when they were back in Kanto.)

May has already had her reoccurance episode. Iris hasn't yet.

If they do a thing for ORAS it'll possibly be Steven Stone and would make more sense since he is researching Mega Evolution in ORAS. He can go to Kalos for a couple of episodes similar to Lyra, but they've already done the "Search for the meaning to Mega Evolution." thing with Korrina so they'd be copy pasting the same plot essentially. Steven is also a lot stronger so he could appear just for a short period. They haven't gotten to Korrina's gym yet and by the time they do they could be close to ORAS's release.

That would be the best time to incorperate Steven into the anime to do a recap on mega evolution, include the tower in Korrina's city and still present a decent ORAS advertisement.

It's not a rule that only one of them can come back, just that the relevance for the older characters is much, much lower as time goes on. Unlike May, who is relevant for ORAS. I didn't realise KAORI had quit voice acting though, so perhaps it depends on that, then.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
It's not a rule that only one of them can come back, just that the relevance for the older characters is much, much lower as time goes on. Unlike May, who is relevant for ORAS. I didn't realise KAORI had quit voice acting though, so perhaps it depends on that, then.

Misty at least is most likely due for a reappearance, though. They already confirmed that Misty will make guest appearances in the future, and besides which, Mayumi Iizuka's tweet about a month or two back indicated that Misty would reappear (I think the Star TV thing, where she comments as Kasumi, or Misty in other words, relating to that Scandal thing there). Certainly, she's more likely than May right now.

Only way they'd have May return is if they go to Hoenn for some reason, and even then, it's about 50/50, assuming that does happen, that she's either going to rechallenge the Hoenn contests, or otherwise pursue Sinnoh (we know she can't go to either Unova or Kalos, as they don't have contests there. DP even explicitly made that clear with Unova). Plus, technically, she doesn't exactly view her allies to high standards (being pretty quick to go to Johto and not even showing some hesitance to leaving her "friends." Probably the only one of the AG group to even have some reluctance to leave was Max. GCYL at least had Misty, Brock, and Ash being reluctant to split apart), and the only reason why she even went to Sinnoh was to get a trans-regional ribbon for her Johto contest. Her friends were basically a bonus at best. And since KAORI's a singer instead of a seiyuu now, most likely May won't be getting appearances, unless they pull a Giovanni and replace her seiyuu.

Back