• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Ingame Computer trainers beating you? LOL

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    As much as I hate to admit it, it did take me a couple of tries to take down Lucian. My Pokémon were seriously under-leveled and half my team was weak to Psychic. I just wanted to get to migrate my Pokémon from Emearld as fast as possible so I pretty mcuh rushed through the game, which is the reason for why my Pokémon were under-leveled. Apart from that, I've never lost a battle except in the Battle Tower due to hax. (Who doesn't love to be hit by Sheer Cold twice in a row? =\ )

I also had problems with him and his Bronzong. >_> So, you're not the only one. XD

I recall Cynthia being surprisingly the easiest.

Bebetrunks

.:Love:.
    Years
  • I've never lsot unless im training a low level pokémon AFTER I have beaten the game. Otherwise my 6 man team is always 15-20 levels higher then my opponent and have a team composed of each main type. I save my money and only buy pokéballs and just beat the elite four with one pokémon of the opposing type. Honestly this game is one of the easiest games ever made, but i <3 it still.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I was beaten once by one of Galatic people o___o I was like half asleep x__x

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • u have to suck, be lazy at training, or have no idea at what you're doing to lose in D/P (no offense to those who have). I've lost to NPC's before, but in G/S when i was little

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    It's not that hard to lose to a ingame trainer, all they have to do is get that Critical hit, all they have to do is get you with surprise... all they have to do... is USE A FREAKING 1HKO MOVE WHEN YOU'RE ABOUT TO BEAT THEM AND IT'S YOUR LAST POKEMON THAT ACTUALLY STANDS A CHANCE AND IT HITS!...

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
  • I've only lost in the Battle Tower.. stupid leader at 21 battles beat me.. with his last Pokemon. I even had type advantage and his Milotic just WOULDN'T die. ><;. But otherwise, I haven't lost to anyone else..

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    u have to suck, be lazy at training, or have no idea at what you're doing to lose in D/P (no offense to those who have). I've lost to NPC's before, but in G/S when i was little

I'm nowhere being a n00b, the Rainy weather obliterated by Infernape, all it had was like Flamethrower to use against a Ghost-type. Close Combat on Ghost-types? XDXDXDXD

electricgrass

I'm a prodigy in progress
    Years
  • I remeber, I lost to cynthia once even when my whole team was Lv.65-67, and then in my first game I only had to redo Cynthia(three times though), but my team was Lv.51 and lower however

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
  • I don't remember a time 'sept in the Battle Tower where I've been beaten, I try to repress those memories ><

Although I do remember a trainer in RSE on the route after Fortree City who had a Lv20-30 something Milotic. Lets just say I lost to that... uh... witch... more then once.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I don't remember a time 'sept in the Battle Tower where I've been beaten, I try to repress those memories ><

Although I do remember a trainer in RSE on the route after Fortree City who had a Lv20-30 something Milotic. Lets just say I lost to that... uh... witch... more then once.

... Okay, after reading that I have to admit I lost to her a few times too. XD I totally forgot about that one.

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
    Years
  • I tend to lean more towards affecting Stats with my weaker guys, then using my big guys to hit where I weakened. For example, I will use Screech on a Gengar, and then Foresight with Machamp and them follow up with Close Combat.

Most people only use damaging attacks. I, personally, enjoy weakening my opponents, all the while protecting myself.

MegaMushroom07

Animal Crossing Most-Wanted
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    The only person i've ever lost to in any Gary, or 'Blue' in Pokemon Gold.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Mar 21, 2008
    I havent lost in this game or leaf/ruby to a trainer from what i can remember, the only trainers i have lost against is a Gym leader or the Elite four

The Champion in this game beat me like 30 times with his garchomp, the main reason tho is because my pokemon were level 48-52ish his was like level 66 or something so i got owned.

I didnt feal like training either cuss i was burned out from the game so i kept going until i beat em then quit for a couple months

The older games icant remember really lol that was like 10 years ago

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    There's always major hax in the Battle Tower. My best streak (48) ended when my Empoleon was up against some slower pokemon (Rhydon, I think...) with a Quick Claw. It managed to activate Quick Claw twice, once in the beginning to kill Electivire, and once right as I was about to kill it with Empoleon.

Methinks we need a hax-free battle tower :)

Monzae

Poison Technician
    Years
  • I speak of course after my Primeape just got molested by some computer trainer :(
    It's embarrasing.
    Pretty sure it won't happen again.

Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen May 18, 2015
    In-game? A few times. I think I've lost... three times (?) in the Battle Tower, other than that, one time, when I was battling Mars at Valley Windworks.

Back